Syria’s Assad’s used chemical weapons on opposition, crossing Obama ‘red line’

No one is going into Syria Obama and the U.N. will give the standard talking points this is unacceptable we condemn this all options are on the table and then forget the whole thing.

Since when does anyone care what the UN says?

No one does but anytime there is a major crisis somewhere the world always goes through the dog and pony show that is the U.N.

Can you read between the lines? There was another story that Assad was using children as shields. Actually it's more likely that the rebels were using children as shields. The Post is trying to gin up American support for intervention in Syria.

obama is going to give military support to al quaeda. If you thought the insider attacks in Afghanistan were bad, this is going to be an absolute slaughter. To help it along we willhave 70,000 of them here.

obama sees himself going down and he intend to put the whole nation in flames when he does.

LOL its like this line in this CarMax commercial, it keeps moving and moving and moooooving.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Alr40zPWS1c]CARMAX COUPLE START HERE - YouTube[/ame]

Don't hold your breath. Assad will have gassed the rest of his country before Obama takes any action.

obama is going to give military support to al quaeda. If you thought the insider attacks in Afghanistan were bad, this is going to be an absolute slaughter. To help it along we willhave 70,000 of them here.

obama sees himself going down and he intend to put the whole nation in flames when he does.

I disagree. Obama doesn't see himself going down at all. The man's hubris wont let him.

He sees this as the next step in transforming America. The administrations motto has been not to let a good crisis go to waste. What bigger crisis is there than war?

h9i.gif

TRANSFORMERS!

Idiots in disguise!

Since when does anyone care what the UN says?

No one does but anytime there is a major crisis somewhere the world always goes through the dog and pony show that is the U.N.

Doesnt stop the wars.
No it doesn't but I still don't see any outside forces from the west going into Syria western countries won't go unless the U.S. takes the lead and Obama likes to talk about his ending the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan so he won't do anything in Syria either Assad stays in power or Syria becomes a failed state there really are no other ways I see this ending.

Doesnt stop the wars.
No it doesn't but I still don't see any outside forces from the west going into Syria western countries won't go unless the U.S. takes the lead and Obama likes to talk about his ending the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan so he won't do anything in Syria either Assad stays in power or Syria becomes a failed state there really are no other ways I see this ending.

I hope you are right. But Im not optimistic.

Helping either side in Syria is a very bad idea.

One side Iran/Shiite Radical groups/Russia. Other side Sunni Radical groups/Muslim Brotherhood/Egypt/Saudi's/US

Why are we aligning with anyone here? There is no reason to.

No one is going into Syria Obama and the U.N. will give the standard talking points this is unacceptable we condemn this all options are on the table and then forget the whole thing.

The hesitant approach towards Syria (not only from USA) is related to money, which will be needed to restore order in Syria after Assad has been either killed or captured.
"Military assistance" to FSA will increase the overall costs with them joining the Syrian Army in the destrution of Syria. Syria already looks pretty much destroyed. After all, this country needs a future otherwise it will be a breeding ground for sustained chaos in the region, and the Syrians don't have the Oil (like Iraq) to self-finance the reconstruction.

For delivering heavy-weaponry to the FSA it doesn't need Obama or the USA, but the SNC/FSA's supporters didn't give them these weapons also. If Obama wants to involve himself in this issue this will be no Lybian-style aircover for "rebels". The Syrian opposition is also an incompetent and disunited bunch of people, and there are some elements USA disagrees with. When you kill or capture Assad yourself, you are also dictating the terms and you're the kingmaker. I see this ending up into an intervention by USA and a few Nations very likely.

The hesitant approach towards Syria (not only from USA) is related to money, which will be needed to restore order in Syria after Assad has been either killed or captured.
"Military assistance" to FSA will increase the overall costs with them joining the Syrian Army in the destrution of Syria. Syria already looks pretty much destroyed. After all, this country needs a future otherwise it will be a breeding ground for sustained chaos in the region, and the Syrians don't have the Oil (like Iraq) to self-finance the reconstruction.

For delivering heavy-weaponry to the FSA it doesn't need Obama or the USA, but the SNC/FSA's supporters didn't give them these weapons also. If Obama wants to involve himself in this issue this will be no Lybian-style aircover for "rebels". The Syrian opposition is also an incompetent and disunited bunch of people, and there are some elements USA disagrees with. When you kill or capture Assad yourself, you are also dictating the terms and you're the kingmaker. I see this ending up into an intervention by USA and a few Nations very likely.

I see no one from the west intervening in Syria at all but time will tell.

We are going to war in Syria. Leaders in both parties are setting it up.

There is no reason for us to be there.

whats more, there are NO good choices....no matter how you slice it, whomever 'wins' at this point, there will be a problem left behind that will reverberate for a decade....

This all stems from obamas original presumption that we had to atone for past sppt. for Israel and needed to be seen as 'more fair’.So we asked Israel to stop settlements as a prelude to negotiations, in short they had to give up a bargaining point before they even they began negotiations, that’s now how it works, so Abbas said fine then made us make Israel live up to it, when obama realized he couldn’t and had to drop it, Abbas accused Obama of leaving him up a tree….….and the whole thing poisoned obamas relationship with Israel to boot. 0-2.

Then we decided a non existent human rights issue was at stake in Libya and obama expended any good will he thought he had with Putin by helping do what he told Putin he wouldn’t do as Putin allowed it to go forward by NOT vetoing the UN resolution, but we toppled Gaddafi anyway so Putin is determined to piss on us any way he can. Like it or not, he has a point.

Obama also expended political capital in Libya, he was better off using in Yemen or Bahrain or Syria, I said so then. Now it s way to late, even if we help the rebels, it will end up like Libya, no practical gov. friendly to us, because they have no reason to trust us as we didn’t sppt. the ‘free’ western flavor rebels when they really needed it, this allowed al Nusra front ( see: AQ) to become the preeminent rebel force, even if they are pushed back by Hezbollah ( more on that later) and the Syrian army it won’t be completely, they will be left with a portion of the country. In short the west is fucked.

And as far as Hezbollah goes, which was instrumental in re-taking that strategic cross roads of Qusair the other day, IF the west had done what the Taif accords ( 1989) were supped to way back, (defang all militias in Lebanon etc.) they were allowed to remain in being under the guise of a "resistance force"…another original sin……think of all the shit Hezbollah is responsible for since 1989.

The winners here so far? Iran, Hezbollah, AQ and Putin…..we’ve checkmated ourselves.Notice I didn't add Assad to that mix, right now hes more of a puppet, hes got to align himself with the afore mentioned forces, or hes totally through.

Something just occurred to me.

Where's our Leftists?
Staying out so as not to appear to support the Nobel Peace Prize winning President????

If this was 7 years ago, and the Admin hinted about a third theater of conflict, this board's servers would be fried out from the flames

April 26:

GOP policy in Libya: Obama is for interceding, so we are opposed to it.

GOP policy in Syria: Obama is not interceding, we are for it.

I expect the moment Obama decides to act in Syria, the GOP will suddenly be against it. In the meantime, the GOP will criticize Obama's slowness to act in Syria.

God forbid we should actually confirm WMDs were used by the Syrian government. A rumor should be good enough!

Paging Joseph Wilson...

Thank you. Thank you very muuuuuuch...

obama isn't to be criticized because of slowness to act in Syria. It's because he was stupid enough to write a political check he can't cash. He should never have announced his idiot red line in the first place. He did it like he expected not to be dismissed like the pesky fly he is. He is going to give our most avowed enemies military support as if he never expects that support to be used against us.

Assad has had those chemical weapons since he got them from Saddam Hussein at the beginning of the Iraq war. If al quaeda gets them they will go crazy using them. They will be smuggled across the world. The muslim brotherhood in Egypt is already giddy at the prospect.

I hope Assad wins. If he needs Russian help so be it.

April 26:

GOP policy in Libya: Obama is for interceding, so we are opposed to it.

GOP policy in Syria: Obama is not interceding, we are for it.

I expect the moment Obama decides to act in Syria, the GOP will suddenly be against it. In the meantime, the GOP will criticize Obama's slowness to act in Syria.

God forbid we should actually confirm WMDs were used by the Syrian government. A rumor should be good enough!

Paging Joseph Wilson...

Thank you. Thank you very muuuuuuch...

he was slow to act, that is valid, he was so slow we have totally blown any ability to actually craft an outcome in any way advantageous to the west.

I was for Syrian intervention waaaay back when he began the idiotic opéra bouffe Libyan venture, now? No way jose...its lost. And again- McCain et al who are beating the drum are morons....Thank you. Thank you very muuuuuuch...

Forum List

Back