Sydney woman faces death penalty in Malaysia

It is barbaric and that is what makes it tragic.
I see nothing barbaric about it.

Australia should mind its own business.

She's an Australian citizen, dumbass. Doesn't get more one's "business" than that.

She is not in Australia now, is she?

Falls under tough shit.

How many times do you think drug mules make that "I didn't know it was in there" defense.

What in the fuck do you think embassies are for?

Sorry, countries do not function under the laws of "tough shit". Barbaric ones might but the civilised look after their own. Your "it's all about me" attitude is pukeable. I gather that you have never traveled in your life.

This just in: a fundamental function of any nation is to look after its citizens. Australia needs to step up, big time. And one assumes they're already doing that, which is as it should be.

Randbots.... .SMH

I was a Merchant Marine, and have done my fair share of drug smuggling in the '60's.

I knew never to do it in Singapore or Malaysia at the early age.

EVERYBODY knows the score, she gambled, she lost.

Trafficking in hard core narcotics can land you a death penalty in the US too.

No sympathy here.

You bring the perspective of a criminal mind which supports violence and excesses. That is not how civilized minds work though.

Just to put things in perspective, Malaysia is getting ready to execute a grandmother for this:

712111-8f6d941c-834d-11e4-a8d6-4d3e748ac3ce.jpg
That is almost three pounds of "ice".

Bullshit.
3.3 lbs, but who's counting? Puzzling thing that she's on her way to Melbourne Shanghai and connecting in Kuala Lumper. Why would she be checked on her layover unless she exited the international zone?

AN Australian woman facing the death penalty in Malaysia on drugs charges claims she did not know the contents of a bag she was carrying that allegedly contained 1.5kg of crystal methamphetamine.

Cookies must be enabled. The Australian
Could not get that to open the article.

That said, for every hour I have spent in an airport, I have heard the message about making sure you aren't carrying something for somebody else message at least 4 times.

I am sure it is standard practice almost everywhere.

Would you feel sorry for her if she had "unknowingly" been caught with a terror weapon of some sort?

Unfortunate situations always make me sorry. But that is just me. I was raised that way. I think we should take life only and only when there is no other way. Self defense is the only time, it is justified.

Unfortunate is having a kid you love OD on a dangerous drug imported by the likes of this lady.
My sympathy goes more to the parents of OD victims than to the smugglers.
I guess I was just raised that way.

We do not know if she is a smuggler. That is why you need to be careful before executing people. On top of that, you do not need to execute her to prevent her from smuggling. She can be imprisoned if she is found guilty. It is the blood lust of Malaysia I find disturbing especially when it can be avoided.
I see nothing barbaric about it.

Australia should mind its own business.

She's an Australian citizen, dumbass. Doesn't get more one's "business" than that.

Falls under tough shit.

How many times do you think drug mules make that "I didn't know it was in there" defense.

Sorry, countries do not function under the laws of "tough shit". Barbaric ones might but the civilised look after their own. Your "it's all about me" attitude is pukeable. I gather that you have never traveled in your life.

This just in: a fundamental function of any nation is to look after its citizens. Australia needs to step up, big time. And one assumes they're already doing that, which is as it should be.

Randbots.... .SMH

I was a Merchant Marine, and have done my fair share of drug smuggling in the '60's.

No sympathy here.

You bring the perspective of a criminal mind which supports violence and excesses. That is not how civilized minds work though.

I never engaged in violence or theft, hence I quit that shit in my teens when the violence came in.

I don't sympathize with lawbreakers that get caught.

It is part of the risk.

Do I think the law making meth illegal is stupid?

That is another issue altogether.

I think hard narcotics should be legal, cheap, pure and easily available.

I won't use them, or miss those that misuse them.

Just to put things in perspective, Malaysia is getting ready to execute a grandmother for this:

Bullshit.
3.3 lbs, but who's counting? Puzzling thing that she's on her way to Melbourne Shanghai and connecting in Kuala Lumper. Why would she be checked on her layover unless she exited the international zone?

She is a soldier in the smuggling game, if she hangs, she hangs to support the price.

No sympathy.

I think Malaysians have gone insane.

---

A 51 year-old Sydney mother of four faces the death penalty after allegedly carrying methamphetamine while in transit through Kuala Lumpur's international airport.

The woman was travelling from Shanghai to Melbourne on December 7 when she was searched by police and allegedly found to be carrying 1.5 kilograms of the drug known as "ice".

Under Malaysia's decades-long campaign against drugs, the woman faces death by hanging if found guilty of carrying more than 50 grams of methamphetamine.

Malaysian authorities have not released any details of the woman's arrest by customs officials at the airport.

Sydney woman faces death penalty in Malaysia for drug charges

1.5 kilos equals 3.3 POUNDS. The stupid bitch was a drug smuggler. Whatever she gets she deserves.

AN Australian woman facing the death penalty in Malaysia on drugs charges claims she did not know the contents of a bag she was carrying that allegedly contained 1.5kg of crystal methamphetamine.

Cookies must be enabled. The Australian

That said, for every hour I have spent in an airport, I have heard the message about making sure you aren't carrying something for somebody else message at least 4 times.

Would you feel sorry for her if she had "unknowingly" been caught with a terror weapon of some sort?

Unfortunate situations always make me sorry. But that is just me. I was raised that way. I think we should take life only and only when there is no other way. Self defense is the only time, it is justified.

Unfortunate is having a kid you love OD on a dangerous drug imported by the likes of this lady.

We do not know if she is a smuggler. That is why you need to be careful before executing people. On top of that, you do not need to execute her to prevent her from smuggling. She can be imprisoned if she is found guilty. It is the blood lust of Malaysia I find disturbing especially when it can be avoided.

Falls under tough shit.

Randbots.... .SMH

No sympathy here.

I never engaged in violence or theft, hence I quit that shit in my teens when the violence came in.

It is part of the risk.

You seem to have a wee bit of trouble distinguishing "conviction of a crime" from "execution". Deflection noted. One a them Hail Mary plays. It's what ya gotta do when nothing else works.

Falls under tough shit.

Randbots.... .SMH

No sympathy here.

It is part of the risk.

You seem to have a wee bit of trouble distinguishing "conviction of a crime" from "execution". Deflection noted. One a them Hail Mary plays. It's what ya gotta do when nothing else works.

CONVICTION of a crime is usually followed by EXECUTION of the sentence.

No amount of moaning and wailing will get me to sympathize with her.

She played the game, she lost.

Randbots.... .SMH

No sympathy here.

It is part of the risk.

CONVICTION of a crime is usually followed by EXECUTION of the sentence.

No amount of moaning and wailing will get me to sympathize with her.

She played the game, she lost.

^^ Anarchist sociopath.

Bullshit.

I think that is the another issue with Malaysians. They do not seem to honor international zone protocol for transit passengers.

---

A 51 year-old Sydney mother of four faces the death penalty after allegedly carrying methamphetamine while in transit through Kuala Lumpur's international airport.

The woman was travelling from Shanghai to Melbourne on December 7 when she was searched by police and allegedly found to be carrying 1.5 kilograms of the drug known as "ice".

Under Malaysia's decades-long campaign against drugs, the woman faces death by hanging if found guilty of carrying more than 50 grams of methamphetamine.

Malaysian authorities have not released any details of the woman's arrest by customs officials at the airport.

Death for drug trafficking has been the law in Malaysia for decades, as the article states.

Everybody knows that.

That is part of the risk that keeps prices high.

Nobody can defend "ice", or international drug smugglers who commit capital crimes.

Yes they can.
They can defend that there should be no death sentences for them, especially dumb drug mules.

Malaysia wants to drag Australian citizens from their cells to the gallows and hang-decapitate them?
Then it wll have to ut up with the consequences.

---

Death for drug trafficking has been the law in Malaysia for decades, as the article states.

Everybody knows that.

That is part of the risk that keeps prices high.

Nobody can defend "ice", or international drug smugglers who commit capital crimes.

Yes they can.
They can defend that there should be no death sentences for them, especially dumb drug mules.

Malaysia wants to drag Australian citizens from their cells to the gallows and hang-decapitate them?
Then it wll have to ut up with the consequences.

Australia should raise the ante big time. This is the only way Malaysia is going to learn some lesson.

---

That's quite a harsh punishment, IMO. Wow. I wonder if they take into account if a person has a clean prior record and things like that.

---

That's quite a harsh punishment, IMO. Wow. I wonder if they take into account if a person has a clean prior record and things like that.

Harsh is pretty mild designation of what they call justice system in Malaysia.

---

A lot of 3rd world countries. Have you ever watched that documentary series that used to be on about people who were busted for drugs in foreign countries and having to serve years and years in their awful unsanitary prisons. Gosh, that must be like a real nightmare, but still, people should not be doing those things in these countries either. I would certainly NEVER take that risk.

P M

Former Aussie PM Bob Hawke called Malaysia "barbaric" when they execution-hanged Barlow and Chambers.

PM Abbott should do the same thing...then rip up the free trade agreement, boot their ambassador out, and boot all Malaysian nationals out including students....for starters.

Last edited:
P M

Former Aussie PM Bob Hawke called Malaysia "barbaric" when they execution-hanged Barlow and Chambers.

PM Abbott should do the same thing...then rip up the free trade agreement, boot their ambassador out, and boot all Malaysian nationals out including students....for starters.

Malaysia's main source of income is investment from wealthy countries like Australia. I think it will be a good idea for Australia to start pulling out its investment from Malaysia. After that Australia should start lobbying other countries to do the same.

P M

Malaysia's main source of income is investment from wealthy countries like Australia. I think it will be a good idea for Australia to start pulling out its investment from Malaysia. After that Australia should start lobbying other countries to do the same.

Why would you want to go and do that?

P M

Why would you want to go and do that?

To apply pressure on Malaysia.

Sounds like a great idea for the US.

Malaysia should be booted out of the Commonwealth, immediately.
We don't need countries like Malaysia and its barbaric punishments anywhere near the Commonwealth.

Her Majesty should do it now.

Forum List

Back