Sydney woman faces death penalty in Malaysia

Vikrant

Gold Member
Apr 20, 2013
The U.S.
I think Malaysians have gone insane.

---

A 51 year-old Sydney mother of four faces the death penalty after allegedly carrying methamphetamine while in transit through Kuala Lumpur's international airport.

The woman was travelling from Shanghai to Melbourne on December 7 when she was searched by police and allegedly found to be carrying 1.5 kilograms of the drug known as "ice".

Under Malaysia's decades-long campaign against drugs, the woman faces death by hanging if found guilty of carrying more than 50 grams of methamphetamine.

Malaysian authorities have not released any details of the woman's arrest by customs officials at the airport.

Sydney woman faces death penalty in Malaysia for drug charges

---

A 51 year-old Sydney mother of four faces the death penalty after allegedly carrying methamphetamine while in transit through Kuala Lumpur's international airport.

The woman was travelling from Shanghai to Melbourne on December 7 when she was searched by police and allegedly found to be carrying 1.5 kilograms of the drug known as "ice".

Under Malaysia's decades-long campaign against drugs, the woman faces death by hanging if found guilty of carrying more than 50 grams of methamphetamine.

Malaysian authorities have not released any details of the woman's arrest by customs officials at the airport.

Death for drug trafficking has been the law in Malaysia for decades, as the article states.

Everybody knows that.

That is part of the risk that keeps prices high.

Nobody can defend "ice", or international drug smugglers who commit capital crimes.

Where's the beef?

---

Death for drug trafficking has been the law in Malaysia for decades, as the article states.

Everybody knows that.

Nobody can defend "ice", or international drug smugglers who commit capital crimes.

Where's the beef?

That is even more tragic that they have been insane for decades.

---

Everybody knows that.

Where's the beef?

It is all part of the game to keep the price up.

Meth has no intrinsic value, I could make a million dollars worth of illegal meth for a few hundred bucks.

If it were legal, it would sell for the price of aspirin.

If she hangs, she hangs for the benefit of the market in which she was engaged.

That's just how it works.

AN Australian woman facing the death penalty in Malaysia on drugs charges claims she did not know the contents of a bag she was carrying that allegedly contained 1.5kg of crystal methamphetamine.

712111-8f6d941c-834d-11e4-a8d6-4d3e748ac3ce.jpg

Cookies must be enabled. The Australian

---

Everybody knows that.

Where's the beef?

What is tragic about it?

They hang traffickers in hard drugs and narcotics.

I see no tragedy.

Last edited:
In a perverse way it's somehow reassuring to know somebody somewhere has even worse laws than we do.

But Australia should make it clear this won't be tolerated.

---

Everybody knows that.

Where's the beef?

What is tragic about it.

I see no tragedy.

It is barbaric and that is what makes it tragic.

AN Australian woman facing the death penalty in Malaysia on drugs charges claims she did not know the contents of a bag she was carrying that allegedly contained 1.5kg of crystal methamphetamine.

Could not get that to open the article.

That said, for every hour I have spent in an airport, I have heard the message about making sure you aren't carrying something for somebody else message at least 4 times.

I am sure it is standard practice almost everywhere.

Would you feel sorry for her if she had "unknowingly" been caught with a terror weapon of some sort?

---

Everybody knows that.

Where's the beef?

What is tragic about it.

I see no tragedy.

I see nothing barbaric about it.

Australia should mind its own business.

---

Everybody knows that.

Where's the beef?

What is tragic about it.

I see no tragedy.

She's an Australian citizen, dumbass. Doesn't get more one's "business" than that.

That said, for every hour I have spent in an airport, I have heard the message about making sure you aren't carrying something for somebody else message at least 4 times.

Would you feel sorry for her if she had "unknowingly" been caught with a terror weapon of some sort?

Unfortunate situations always make me sorry. But that is just me. I was raised that way. I think we should take life only and only when there is no other way. Self defense is the only time, it is justified.

Everybody knows that.

Where's the beef?

What is tragic about it.

I see no tragedy.

She's an Australian citizen, dumbass. Doesn't get more one's "business" than that.

She is not in Australia now, is she?

Falls under tough shit.

How many times do you think drug mules make that "I didn't know it was in there" defense.

Unfortunate situations always make me sorry. But that is just me. I was raised that way. I think we should take life only and only when there is no other way. Self defense is the only time, it is justified.

Unfortunate is having a kid you love OD on a dangerous drug imported by the likes of this lady.
My sympathy goes more to the parents of OD victims than to the smugglers.
I guess I was just raised that way.

What is tragic about it.

I see no tragedy.

Falls under tough shit.

How many times do you think drug mules make that "I didn't know it was in there" defense.

What in the fuck do you think embassies are for?

Sorry, countries do not function under the laws of "tough shit". Barbaric ones might but the civilised look after their own. Your "it's all about me" attitude is pukeable. I gather that you have never traveled in your life.

This just in: a fundamental function of any nation is to look after its citizens. Australia needs to step up, big time. And one assumes they're already doing that, which is as it should be.

Randbots.... .SMH

Unfortunate is having a kid you love OD on a dangerous drug imported by the likes of this lady.
My sympathy goes more to the parents of OD victims than to the smugglers.
I guess I was just raised that way.

We do not know if she is a smuggler. That is why you need to be careful before executing people. On top of that, you do not need to execute her to prevent her from smuggling. She can be imprisoned if she is found guilty. It is the blood lust of Malaysia I find disturbing especially when it can be avoided.

Just to put things in perspective, Malaysia is getting ready to execute a grandmother for this:

What is tragic about it.

I see no tragedy.

Falls under tough shit.

What in the fuck do you think embassies are for?

Sorry, countries do not function under the laws of "tough shit". Barbaric ones might but the civilised look after their own. Your "it's all about me" attitude is pukeable. I gather that you have never traveled in your life.

This just in: a fundamental function of any nation is to look after its citizens. Australia needs to step up, big time. And one assumes they're already doing that, which is as it should be.

Randbots.... .SMH

I was a Merchant Marine, and have done my fair share of drug smuggling in the '60's.

I knew never to do it in Singapore or Malaysia at that early age.

EVERYBODY knows the score, she gambled, she lost.

Trafficking in hard core narcotics can land you a death penalty in the US too.

No sympathy here.

Forum List

Back