Swine flu vaccination effort starts Monday: CDC

I guess you should watch the videos, too ;)

No. :doubt: I don't "need" to.

But you should do research on your own instead of just watching some videos for a change.

Health care professionals have done their research and their homework. That's what all that formal training and years of experience are for.

Which is a far better cry then the WAGs that you and your uninformed ilk throw out.

So here's the lesson for today folks:

If you want to avoid viruses:
1.) Never get vaccinated.
2.) Chain smoke.

It's in the literature somewhere.

First, they have the same information you can get as well. Second most don't research everything, if you really think they just somehow memorize every new drug the second it's out and track all the studies and research all new procedures and diagnosis then you are a fool, or you have an android for a doctor ...

Hell, at the hospitals I have heard (at least once per hospital) doctors say they are going to have to "loot it up" ... guess where they look?

First, they have the same information you can get as well. Second most don't research everything, if you really think they just somehow memorize every new drug the second it's out and track all the studies and research all new procedures and diagnosis then you are a fool, or you have an android for a doctor ...

I don't think any of that. I think the FDA exists, because it would be impossible for Drs. to stay current with every new drug. It's hard enough to learn the ones that are on the market as it is. The process isn't perfect. Drug studies are conducted on small populations over a short period of time. Thus, sometimes when they are released on the market, there are severe side effects in a small percentage of people.

That's why phase IV exists. It's acknowledged. Like any other man made venture, it's the best solution we have. Which contrasts with your non-solution, which is "never trust anything the FDA puts out for 10 years".

It might work for you, it's a completely absurd (and would result in higher mortality and morbidity) notion. It's your prerogative to do what you want with your body, but when you put out bullshit, you are going to get called on it.

Carry on with your whole "cigarettes are preventative against viral infection" bit though.

I don't think any of that. I think the FDA exists, because it would be impossible for Drs. to stay current with every new drug. It's hard enough to learn the ones that are on the market as it is. The process isn't perfect. Drug studies are conducted on small populations over a short period of time. Thus, sometimes when they are released on the market, there are severe side effects in a small percentage of people.

That's why phase IV exists. It's acknowledged. Like any other man made venture, it's the best solution we have. Which contrasts with your non-solution, which is "never trust anything the FDA puts out for 10 years".

It might work for you, it's a completely absurd (and would result in higher mortality and morbidity) notion. It's your prerogative to do what you want with your body, but when you put out bullshit, you are going to get called on it.

Carry on with your whole "cigarettes are preventative against viral infection" bit though.

Yet ... we have also seen that the FDA doesn't in fact do any real research, they instead just take the pamphlets and approve whoever pays them enough.

Yet ... we have also seen that the FDA doesn't in fact do any real research, they instead just take the pamphlets and approve whoever pays them enough.

That's bullshit. They don't research every drug, but they are involved in the process and certainly conduct research.

Case in point: they have determined that your drug of choice has an alarming correlation with lung cancer.

That's bullshit. They don't research every drug, but they are involved in the process and certainly conduct research.

Case in point: they have determined that your drug of choice has an alarming correlation with lung cancer.

Yet they didn't determine that Vioxx would almost kill me ... until it almost killed me.

Yet they didn't determine that Vioxx would almost kill me ... until it almost killed me.

How many adverse drug reactions have you had now? I can't keep track.

Have you cashed in on any of the settlement money? You really should. That's one reason the tort system exists. Everyone deserves legal recourse.

Are you going to blame the FDA for your inevitable lung problems as well?

How many adverse drug reactions have you had now? I can't keep track.

Have you cashed in on any of the settlement money? You really should. That's one reason the tort system exists. Everyone deserves legal recourse.

Are you going to blame the FDA for your inevitable lung problems as well?

Three. Two mental meds, one arthritis. Of course you would lose count of three.

Three. Two mental meds, one arthritis. Of course you would lose count of three.

Again, it's your prerogative to conclude that, based on your experience (whether valid or not), the all prescription medication, vaccines, and the FDA are bad. Civilization will march on without you and strive for better treatments to the things that ail us.

However, when you blatantly put out false information, you are going to get challenged on it.

Case in point:

I'd love for you to prove a relationship between smoking cigarettes and protection against viruses.

As for my smoking, I chose that in spite of knowing the dangers, I don't blame anyone but myself and I have no intention of stopping any time soon either. You do realize I work very little now, right? I only earn enough to stay afloat because if I earned more I would lose my housing, so does that tell you anything about my money? ;)

Even then, it wasn't right, the money isn't important, my quality of life was ruined, you can't get that back. Lawsuits are bullshit because of that. Patients (like me) lose quality of life because the FDA approves of something and we are taught to "trust the doctors" from a young age, then they fuck us up and all we get is money for it. I want to go back to work, I want to have a life again, but I fucking can't thanks to the idiots, the thing that pisses me off more is that there are perfectly (proven) safe meds for all the problems that these dangerous, untested, and potentially deadly meds help to, but we don't get the safe ones because the FDA doesn't "approve". Explain that shit, go ahead.

Hell, at the hospitals I have heard (at least once per hospital) doctors say they are going to have to "loot it up" ... guess where they look?

Loot it up? I ask only because you have this idea the medical profession is out to take all our money and stuff. If it's a typo, and you meant "look it up", then what the hell are you talking about?

Loot it up? I ask only because you have this idea the medical profession is out to take all our money and stuff. If it's a typo, and you meant "look it up", then what the hell are you talking about?

A stupid typos, I meant "look it up".

Ok, this proves you don't know what you're talking about. Sorry, you're a nice person and I am interested in your costume and all, but this is ridiculous.

And what's your point?

And what's your point?

I think she assumes that Drs. and nurses are expected to have everything in their head and that any use of reference material proves they are in the pocket of big publishing.

As for my smoking, I chose that in spite of knowing the dangers, I don't blame anyone but myself and I have no intention of stopping any time soon either. You do realize I work very little now, right? I only earn enough to stay afloat because if I earned more I would lose my housing, so does that tell you anything about my money? ;)

Even then, it wasn't right, the money isn't important, my quality of life was ruined, you can't get that back. Lawsuits are bullshit because of that. Patients (like me) lose quality of life because the FDA approves of something and we are taught to "trust the doctors" from a young age, then they fuck us up and all we get is money for it. I want to go back to work, I want to have a life again, but I fucking can't thanks to the idiots, the thing that pisses me off more is that there are perfectly (proven) safe meds for all the problems that these dangerous, untested, and potentially deadly meds help to, but we don't get the safe ones because the FDA doesn't "approve". Explain that shit, go ahead.
I think I asked you this before... I didn't see where you answered.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/1583844-post76.html

Medications that are allowed in the US by the FDA are often proving fatal lately, while medications that have been denied by the FDA which are produced by smaller companies have proven their medications are safer and effective.

What medications and by what 'smaller companies'? Names, please.

ALL drugs released for marketing in the US must have FDA approval.

I think I asked you this before... I didn't see where you answered.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/1583844-post76.html

Medications that are allowed in the US by the FDA are often proving fatal lately, while medications that have been denied by the FDA which are produced by smaller companies have proven their medications are safer and effective.

What medications and by what 'smaller companies'? Names, please.

ALL drugs released for marketing in the US must have FDA approval.

You can look up the long lists of those denied simply because the FDA didn't want them here in place of others yourself, Vioxx and almost all prescription pain meds are good starts.

And what's your point?

I think she assumes that Drs. and nurses are expected to have everything in their head and that any use of reference material proves they are in the pocket of big publishing.

I don't know... she's been all over the map on this thread. I can't keep up :lol:

I'd MUCH rather have a doc who "looks it up". Does she think that medicine (or nursing for that matter ;) ) is a static profession? That once you're through school and residency, that's it? No more education?

And what's your point?

No, that's what people assume. My point is that they have the same information you do, people need to start taking an active role in their health, anyone who doesn't question the doctor I laugh at when they get their lives fucked up now.

Forum List

Back