Did ACORN Help Franken Steal His Senate Seat?

Catbert

Sep 16, 2009
Monday, September 28, 2009

Many people think Al Franken stole his Senate seat. Franken won by the razor thin margin of 312 votes out of about 3 million cast. ACORN claims to have registered 43,000 new voters in Minnesota. With ACORN's record, it is hard to say how many of those are legitimate. Many of these "newly registered voters" may have voted illegally. Minnesota's laws on proof of voter eligibility are notoriously loose.

From the Minnesota Star-Tribune:

But ACORN does have a special place in its heart for at least one prominent Minnesota politician. Last year, it showered praise on Al Franken, endorsing his run for the U.S. Senate. Franken returned the esteem: "I'm thrilled and honored to receive this endorsement," he gushed in a press release. He added that he was "more motivated than ever to work with ACORN."

Bluegrass Pundit: Did ACORN Help Franken Steal His Senate Seat?

Too bad that Minnesota race never received any kind of scrutiny by the proper officials and his embarrassment of an overly-manicured carpetbagging dweeb opponent.

:rolleyes:

Fixed. :lol:

Aaaahh Dude... I don't have any beef with you, so this is just friendly FYI, it's "AGAINST THE RULES" to change what a person says in his/her quote. Better "fix it" again.... :eusa_eh:

Too bad that Minnesota race never received any kind of scrutiny by the proper officials and his embarrassment of an overly-manicured carpetbagging dweeb opponent.

:rolleyes:

Fixed. :lol:

Aaaahh Dude... I don't have any beef with you, so this is just friendly FYI, it's "AGAINST THE RULES" to change what a person says in his/her quote. Better "fix it" again.... :eusa_eh:

I'm confused. Dude only made one post and it hasn't been edited. Where did you see this fix?

Many people think Al Franken stole his Senate seat. Franken won by the razor thin margin of 312 votes out of about 3 million cast. ACORN claims to have registered 43,000 new voters in Minnesota. With ACORN's record, it is hard to say how many of those are legitimate. Many of these "newly registered voters" may have voted illegally. Minnesota's laws on proof of voter eligibility are notoriously loose.

But ACORN does have a special place in its heart for at least one prominent Minnesota politician. Last year, it showered praise on Al Franken, endorsing his run for the U.S. Senate. Franken returned the esteem: "I'm thrilled and honored to receive this endorsement," he gushed in a press release. He added that he was "more motivated than ever to work with ACORN."

they commited registration fraud not voter fraud. You can register Mickey Mouse but Mickey Mouse still has to show up with his ID to vote.:cuckoo:

If registration counted as votes, then possibly. Only it doesn't.

There has never been a single case of Mickey Mouse or Clark Kent showing up to vote.

NEXT!

Worries abounded from beginning, but it is over:

MINNESOTA RECOUNT UPDATE
Share Post PrintNovember 19, 2008 Posted by John at 7:51 PM
The recount in Minnesota's Coleman-Franken Senate race is underway; today, Franken gained a net 28 votes in Democratic St. Louis County. The gain was attributed to older voting machines that failed to read faint pencil marks. A Republican spokesman said he was relieved that Franken's gain wasn't greater.

In general, not many ballots were challenged today by either side. This is an example, though, of how far the Franken camp is willing to go:

Franken argued that this ballot shouldn't be counted because it doesn't indicate a clear intent to vote for Coleman. Keep this in mind next time you hear a Democrat say that he wants to "count every vote." I'm pretty sure Franken will lose that one, but I remain deeply concerned about the outcome of the recount. This isn't because I mistrust the people who will make the ultimate decision, the members of the state's Canvassing Board: on the contrary, I know several members of that group and its integrity is beyond question. My real concern is that the DFL party, Al Franken and ACORN facilitated enough illegal votes being cast on November 4 that a few legitimate changes, at this point, could put Franken over the top.

UPDATE: More here.

Power Line - Minnesota Recount Update

Dudes got it right.

That shits over. Theres no going back and having another look-see.

And the last thing the right needs is to whine "he stole the election!" like a lib between 00'-04'.

It's truely a shame that no authorities closely scrutinized the Minnesota race before it was simply handed over to Franken.

I agree. Now look what they're stuck with:

changebelievein.jpg

they commited registration fraud not voter fraud. You can register Mickey Mouse but Mickey Mouse still has to show up with his ID to vote.:cuckoo:

And when you get right down to it, "they" (ACORN itself) didn't falsify any registration forms in the first place and "they" reported the forms they found false as they were legally required to do.

Forum List

Back