Swine flu vaccination effort starts Monday: CDC

Okay, finally got the admittance I was looking for. Since the FDA does not test the drugs and procedures themselves, why are they the ones in power to accept or deny them?

Would you eat berries that a bird eats?

Who would you have approve (or deny) NDAs? Those doing the research? Are you serious?

BTW, it's no big secret or conspiracy that the FDA doesn't conduct the research.

I didn't call it a conspiracy, just that people are too lazy to do their own research (I was once one myself) and just take the FDA's word for it. After research I found that they are more like mob bosses than anything anyway. People should do their own research and the FDA really shouldn't exist, it puts all the power into a few large companies and does nothing but decrease the quality of products and services in the US.

The berries example, how do you find out which are safe to eat?
Are you suggesting we each conduct our own clinical studies?

I honestly don't know what you're getting at here. Seriously.

Who would you have approve (or deny) NDAs?

I agree with Emma. What are you supposed to do? There are way to many new drugs coming online every month for the FDA to be solely responsible, which brings us to KK. You have to be aware of what's out there, what's been reliably tested, and what hasn't. It's a matter of personal responsibilty. Caveat Emptor.

One solution is to find the organizations that have proven to be accurate at their information gathering, ask them (most now have sites) for what they consider safe and beneficial. Research isn't as hard today as it was 30 years ago, and most of the organizations are willing to show all their reports and sources for medicine. There are several that do their own testing but the FDA and AMA don't like them for some reason.

Who would you have approve (or deny) NDAs? Those doing the research? Are you serious?

BTW, it's no big secret or conspiracy that the FDA doesn't conduct the research.

I didn't call it a conspiracy, just that people are too lazy to do their own research (I was once one myself) and just take the FDA's word for it. After research I found that they are more like mob bosses than anything anyway. People should do their own research and the FDA really shouldn't exist, it puts all the power into a few large companies and does nothing but decrease the quality of products and services in the US.

How do you determine which berries are safe to eat?

The answer to both is the same.

I agree with Emma. What are you supposed to do? There are way to many new drugs coming online every month for the FDA to be solely responsible, which brings us to KK. You have to be aware of what's out there, what's been reliably tested, and what hasn't. It's a matter of personal responsibilty. Caveat Emptor.

One solution is to find the organizations that have proven to be accurate at their information gathering, ask them (most now have sites) for what they consider safe and beneficial.

Who????

Research isn't as hard today as it was 30 years ago

????

Clinical trials have set protocols. What the hell are you talking about?

and most of the organizations are willing to show all their reports and sources for medicine.

What organizations?

There are several that do their own testing but the FDA and AMA don't like them for some reason

Who????

How do you determine which berries are safe to eat?

The answer to both is the same.

I'm really trying to understand what the hell you're going on about here. And without success, I might add.

Who do you think should be charged with approving (or denying) NDAs?

And please. Don't respond to this by asking about berries.

It's a scam!! medical companies and doctors will be raking in the money. vitamins and clean hands will do the trick!! don't listen to the hype!!

To the best of my knowledge I've never had a flu shot, and have only been sick from the flu maybe three times in the last 10 years. Doesn't look like I'll have one this year either.
My wife on the other hand gets one every year and has been sick more times than I have.

Found this on a simple Google search in 5 minutes:
http://www.acrohealth.org/

Holy cannoli.

It would be easy to believe that clinical drug trials are only conducted by pharmaceutical companies, universities or government researchers. In fact, the majority of Phase I-IV trials are conducted by Clinical Research Organizations, or CROs, on behalf of pharmaceutical companies. These businesses provide specialized services in the design and conduct of clinical trials, the gathering of accurate data, and the submission of results to appropriate regulatory agencies.

CROs conduct the research. CROs do NOT take the place of the FDA.

So I ask (yet again), who would you have approve (or deny) NDAs?

Those are organizations who do the clinical trials. They then provide their data to the appropriate government agency for approval. These organizations do NOT approve the medications for release.

Who approves (or denies) the NDAs based upon the data collected from those trials?

Jesus God Almighty. Where is the banging-the-head-against-the-wall smiley???

Those are organizations who do the clinical trials. They then provide their data to the appropriate government agency for approval. These organizations do NOT approve the medications for release.

Who approves (or denies) the NDAs based upon the data collected from those trials?

Duh ... that's what I said isn't it? Do your own research if you care about your health, the agencies don't know what they are doing nor do they care what's healthy, they just go by what they want approved anyway. You are justifying people handing their lives over to the government, literally.

Duh ... that's what I said isn't it? Do your own research if you care about your health, the agencies don't know what they are doing nor do they care what's healthy, they just go by what they want approved anyway. You are justifying people handing their lives over to the government, literally.

Ok.

I'm going to try one more time.

You said this:

Medications that are allowed in the US by the FDA are often proving fatal lately, while medications that have been denied by the FDA which are produced by smaller companies have proven their medications are safer and effective.
What medications and by what 'smaller companies'? Names, please.

ALL drugs released for marketing in the US must have FDA approval.

People should do their own research and the FDA really shouldn't exist, it puts all the power into a few large companies and does nothing but decrease the quality of products and services in the US.
If the FDA doesn't exist, then who approves medications prior to their release on the market? Don't link to the CROs again; they are simply the ones who conduct clinical trials. If you are suggesting that those who produce the drugs should be the ones who decide what is released, why bother with trials at all? Or are you suggesting there should be no trials and companies be allowed to produce and market whatever the hell they want?

One solution is to find the organizations that have proven to be accurate at their information gathering, ask them (most now have sites) for what they consider safe and beneficial.
And the organizations you linked to are those who conduct clinical trials for the pharmaceutical companies they represent. And (as I quoted from your own link) provide the data collected to the appropriate agencies for approval.

Since the FDA does not test the drugs and procedures themselves, why are they the ones in power to accept or deny them?
Which goes back to my question you keep avoiding: who should be charged with approving (or denying) NDAs? Are you suggesting that the companies who are producing the drugs be given the power to "approve" their release onto the market? That really sounds like where you're going with this...

wve-white-flag-260.jpg

You win. I can't take it any longer.

I'm off to eat some berries.

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Healthcare workers in Indiana and Tennessee will be among the first to get swine flu vaccines in the United States on Monday, the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention said.

Swine flu vaccination effort starts Monday: CDC | U.S. | Reuters

anyone else not at all worried about swine flu?

I've had the flu twice in my life...both times after receiving the vaccine. No shots for me.

The irony, people don't realize they are guessing at which flu strain is most common, which doesn't apply to all areas anyway. In reality though getting sick once in a while is actually healthier for you, it's like practice for your immune system. I get the flu about once every 5 years (calculated the average recently) and I get a "cold like" illness every year which is likely due to allergies combined with being a smoker. Another odd thing about smokers, viruses do not like us.

Or continually building up immunity to several types of flu strains by getting vaccinated against three of them every year. It's not like you lose your immunity to the three strains at the end of flu season. So if you get vaccinated every year, you are building up a robust immune system.

That makes a lot more sense than your scheme, which requires you to get sick and only confers resistance to one strain every five years. Which, in reality, confers little to no resistance since your memory cells won't persist that long.

You seem like a nice person, but you are absolutely clueless when it comes to immunology and basic medical science.

Case in point:

Another odd thing about smokers, viruses do not like us.

That has got to be the most idiotic thing I have heard all day, especially when you consider the respiratory problems, both viral and bacterial, that accompany smoking. It's pretty hard for your mucous elevator system to work when all the cilia are paralyzed by nicotine.

At any rate, consider that you are a smoker, I find your penchant to get on a soapbox and lecture others about the evil shit the "government wants to put in us" as completely hilarious.

Last edited:
However, when it first was allowed by the FDA it was also fully endorsed by the AMA and doctors gave it out like candy to us with arthritis.

... kinda like what they are doing with this new vaccine. Look what happened to the relitively untested Vioxx ... that's what is likely to happen with the new vaccine as well. :eusa_whistle:

I guess you should watch the videos, too ;)

No. :doubt: I don't "need" to.

But you should do research on your own instead of just watching some videos for a change.

Health care professionals have done their research and their homework. That's what all that formal training and years of experience are for.

Which is a far better cry then the WAGs that you and your uninformed ilk throw out.

So here's the lesson for today folks:

If you want to avoid viruses:
1.) Never get vaccinated.
2.) Chain smoke.

It's in the literature somewhere.

Forum List

Back