Sweet Victory For Earth Is The Destruction Of Religion.

Was this reply to my last post?
If you are open to the possibility
That may be enough to work with.

As for divinely inspired text
What about Shakespeare, Emily Dickinson, the writings of Jefferson and the Constitution.

Do you believe natural laws are authored by God or the Universe
so any texts based on such universal concepts are inspired by
Nature or God?

You may be a righteous Gentile like me who just relates to natural laws like Jefferson who didnt relate to miracles as mythical and not necessary for the core principles. Are you a Jeffersonian type, secular type believer in Justice and Truth without the religious hype?

Yes.

No. Not if you're asking if I could possibly reconsider the plausibility of the possibility of The God of Abraham, as described in The Torah, The New Testament and The Koran as the real deal.

I'm educated beyond the ability to accept that ancient tale even if I wanted to.

I personally don't believe that there are ANY sacred texts. Just clever Monkeys with language and symbols skills using rocks followed by leather and plant materials with various amounts of processing, a.k.a. 'paper', and then The Internet to successfully convey their attitudes to their fellow Monkeys.

And The Word was God.

For me to comment on the natural or supernatural laws ascribed to any given god that god must first be named. If you mean The God of Abraham, I believe the stories that name Him as God to be fictitious and any correlation to truth, justice and the American way of life purely coincidental, mostly 'cause of our incredibly close relationship to the Monkeys who lived those stories 2,000 to 6,000 years ago, and relative Monkey intelligence.

O
Was this reply to my last post?
If you are open to the possibility
That may be enough to work with.

As for divinely inspired text
What about Shakespeare, Emily Dickinson, the writings of Jefferson and the Constitution.

Do you believe natural laws are authored by God or the Universe
so any texts based on such universal concepts are inspired by
Nature or God?

You may be a righteous Gentile like me who just relates to natural laws like Jefferson who didnt relate to miracles as mythical and not necessary for the core principles. Are you a Jeffersonian type, secular type believer in Justice and Truth without the religious hype?

Yes.

No. Not if you're asking if I could possibly reconsider the plausibility of the possibility of The God of Abraham, as described in The Torah, The New Testament and The Koran as the real deal.

I'm educated beyond the ability to accept that ancient tale even if I wanted to.

I personally don't believe that there are ANY sacred texts. Just clever Monkeys with language and symbols skills using rocks followed by leather and plant materials with various amounts of processing, a.k.a. 'paper', and then The Internet to successfully convey their attitudes to their fellow Monkeys.

And The Word was God.

For me to comment on the natural or supernatural laws ascribed to any given god that god must first be named. If you mean The God of Abraham, I believe the stories that name Him as God to be fictitious and any correlation to truth, justice and the American way of life purely coincidental, mostly 'cause of our incredibly close relationship to the Monkeys who lived those stories 2,000 to 6,000 years ago, and relative Monkey intelligence.
Okay

Are you Okay with equating
God with Nature?

If God is defined as forces of Life
Or Nature is that all encompassing
Comprhensive and universal enough?

I know it's not perfect because
Man's language is limited. But is it
Close enough for practical purposes.

Thanks Joe and I agree that the
Personifications are not necessary.
The allegories help to explain stages
In human history and development
But some ppl especially secular gentiles
Respond to real life science and bringing
Truth peace and justice to the world starting with local relations and multiplying collectively on a global scale. Show us the real stuff, that's the approach I believe will reach all ppl.

Whatever gets you dancing with 'God' (for lack of a better term) is o.k. by me, including any or all of the ancient stories.

If you'll defend my right to be wrong about the unanswerable questions, I'll defend yours.

Beer? :beer:

Whatever gets you dancing with 'God' (for lack of a better term) is o.k. by me, including any or all of the ancient stories.

If you'll defend my right to be wrong about the unanswerable questions, I'll defend yours.

Beer? :beer:

Thanks Joe

I'd like to know what you call the forces of Life or Nature.
And if you are okay with God just being a personification of that.

It helps me to know what angle people take on life.

If people see Wisdom in life, or Truth or Love making the world go around.

If I know if people believe in Restorative Justice or Retributive Justice
I can better communicate and relate to them using their system of defining how things work in life.

it is like learning what instrument or key someone plays in,
so we can get in tune and play in harmony together.

I sense by your messages you are not going to hell.
Hell is caused by unforgiveness. you seem very open and forgiving
of people's differences. so that means peace or heaven on earth, quite the opposite of hell.

Thanks for being as you are.
You are probably more helpful than you think.
we need more people to be open to all ways, and that's the key to heaven.

we can work the rest out by being open to receive insights and understanding from each other.
anything that is conflicting can be corrected, resolved or put aside as long as we can forgive our differences and not let fear divide us. thanks for that and merry christmas to you!

No one said otherwise. You would just recognize pure religion if you read the bible.

I will never understand why people will fight learning things
I've read the bible, went to Sunday School when I was little, have seen all the bible movies... Nowhere do I see anything or read anything that proves without a doubt the existence of the god depicted. It's seriously not because I don't WANT to believe, I just can't believe until it's proven to me.

Many religious are those who worship or pray to the factually proven lie referred to by the religious as god, which is acknowledgement from themselves that what they worship or pray to must have intelligence to be able to understand. They also claim that what they pray to or worship is the creator of everything.

Not anything is able to go poof into existence out of nothingness, let alone be able to develop an intelligence without there first be energy matter and time to re create energy and matter.

love

David Jeffrey Seetch
Ps. Be good, be strong!
The "Creator" comes from ignorance. People don't know how and why the Big Bang happened, and because their brain won't accept not knowing, they make something up as in "the creator made everything". Nothing yet has proven such a creator, although nothing has proven that it's not a creator either. (I'm agnostic).

knowledge of the Creator comes from the Creator revealing Himself to man. If you humbled yourself and sought after Him you would receive a witness for yourself.

wisdom comes from seeking it. Ignorance from declaring it's impossible to know and that if you don't know it no one does.
If there was such a creator, you could prove it to me, and not just spout meaningless rhetoric.

But what it comes down to is that you don't think that the stories in the bible are actually true. Because my quest is to find anyone who believes that a global flood happened and Noah got marsupials from Australia and back again. Apparently, NO ONE here does. Pretty strange though, a bunch of bible thumpers of which none of them believe the stories are actually true. Very bizarre.

Hi Taz:
Well, I don't see how that is necessary to agree on all the floods and evolution stuff unless science comes up with a way to prove it where all peole agree it isn't propaganda.

What I do find universal is to agree there is a spiritual process
of forgiving and breaking the cycles of wrongs from the past,
and recovering to reach a higher level of awareness and peace -- so we PREVENT
future wrongs by understanding "cause and effect" and working to correct problems faster before they escalate.

So that's what I see as the CENTRAL message in the Bible,
how that process works in stages,
and working one by one to resolve problems, make peace, and establish truth and justice by agreement.

TAZ If you are truly curious about the flood and evolution
by all means
I totally support a scientific consensus on all things that can be asked and answered.

I don't want to Discourage you from asking
but I believe the first step is to resolve conflicts so we CAN work together in teams.

Once everyone agrees to help each other,
I think it will be MUCH easier to research and resolve these other questions.

But it's hard to get the answers while everyone is so divided and fearful of each other.
Let's get the people organized first, and then when we agree how to approach
these questions it will be easier to find answers and resolve issues without fighting.
Let's get people organized around a book we all agree is full of bullshit stories? Um... no. :D

What I do find amusing is the Bible is a history book. It also contains parables and creation tales because that's what primitive people do with their time. They try to figure out "how did we get here?" Which is closely akin to the modern mans question "why are we here?" One thing is not deniable about the Bible though...archeologists have confirmed more stories in the Bible than they have discounted.
Places and battles... are easy to write about, even several generations later. Quoting Jesus is bullshit. Every "miracle" has no basis in fact, therefore are bullshit as well. No virgin Mary. No worldwide flood...

While I agree with you on quoting Jesus after all those years the flood was real. At least in so far as every major cultural group, worldwide, has a great flood in its ancient history. There is ample archaeological evidence for it as well. When the last ice age ended (approx. 14,000 years ago) the sea level was much lower so mans villages were in areas that are now hundreds of feet under water.

This has been shown all along the continental shelves in the Black Sea among others.
God didn't bury the world in water to wipe out everyone except Noah and his gang. Floods happening, yes, and they still do. Noah's worldwide flood for 40 days, no, for lack of evidence.

Let's get people organized around a book we all agree is full of bullshit stories? Um... no. :D

What I do find amusing is the Bible is a history book. It also contains parables and creation tales because that's what primitive people do with their time. They try to figure out "how did we get here?" Which is closely akin to the modern mans question "why are we here?" One thing is not deniable about the Bible though...archeologists have confirmed more stories in the Bible than they have discounted.
Places and battles... are easy to write about, even several generations later. Quoting Jesus is bullshit. Every "miracle" has no basis in fact, therefore are bullshit as well. No virgin Mary. No worldwide flood...
Wrong. That is satans influence on you. Good luck.
Then prove to me that there was a worldwide flood, it should show in sediments from around the world. Plus, how did Noah get marsupials from Australia and back again?
You believe in science right? You ever hear of a little thing called continental shift? When the land masses were one? Read the Bible instead of just saying it is not true. Bible is truth, God is the only way.
So you're saying that Noah lived during the time of dinosaurs? So why weren't there any on his boat? And why is there no sedimentary evidence of the worldwide flood at that time? And what about the asteroid that wiped out dinosaurs 150 million years later? Why weren't humans wiped out as well?

No one said otherwise. You would just recognize pure religion if you read the bible.

I've read the bible, went to Sunday School when I was little, have seen all the bible movies... Nowhere do I see anything or read anything that proves without a doubt the existence of the god depicted. It's seriously not because I don't WANT to believe, I just can't believe until it's proven to me.

Many religious are those who worship or pray to the factually proven lie referred to by the religious as god, which is acknowledgement from themselves that what they worship or pray to must have intelligence to be able to understand. They also claim that what they pray to or worship is the creator of everything.

Not anything is able to go poof into existence out of nothingness, let alone be able to develop an intelligence without there first be energy matter and time to re create energy and matter.

love

David Jeffrey Seetch
Ps. Be good, be strong!
The "Creator" comes from ignorance. People don't know how and why the Big Bang happened, and because their brain won't accept not knowing, they make something up as in "the creator made everything". Nothing yet has proven such a creator, although nothing has proven that it's not a creator either. (I'm agnostic).

knowledge of the Creator comes from the Creator revealing Himself to man. If you humbled yourself and sought after Him you would receive a witness for yourself.

wisdom comes from seeking it. Ignorance from declaring it's impossible to know and that if you don't know it no one does.
If there was such a creator, you could prove it to me, and not just spout meaningless rhetoric.

No, TAZ because the concept of creator is beyond proof or disproof by human science which is too limited.
So the concept of creator will always be beyond man's ability to either prove or disprove, and will always be faith based.

What we CAN do is reach an agreement on what we believe it represents.

As an example given before, we can never prove what we dreamed last night,
but we AGREE to believe when someone says what they dreamed and what it means.

Faith in God is like that. It can be established by AGREEING what we MEAN,
but it cannot be either proven or disproven because it represents the collective level that is infinite compared with man,
so we cannot fully pin this down. We can at best "represent" God
on a smaller scale, using relative terms, and then AGREE what we mean by that.

love

David Jeffrey Seetch
Ps. Be good, be strong!

I've told you multiple times how to find out. You will receive your witness when you seek it, like everyone else.

love

David Jeffrey Seetch
Ps. Be good, be strong!

I've told you multiple times how to find out. You will receive your witness when you seek it, like everyone else.
I've seeked it, there is none.

love

David Jeffrey Seetch
Ps. Be good, be strong!

No, TAZ because the concept of creator is beyond proof or disproof by human science which is too limited.
So the concept of creator will always be beyond man's ability to either prove or disprove, and will always be faith based.

but it cannot be either proven or disproven because it represents the collective level that is infinite compared with man,
So there's no proof of a creator. that's what I've been saying all along.

love

David Jeffrey Seetch
Ps. Be good, be strong!

Yes, but to be consistent and objective
like Westwall, is to accept that it goes BOTH ways equally.
There is no scientific proof of NONexistence equally as no scientific proof of Existence.

Otherwise, if people EXCLUDE or diminish/discriminate against the other views,
THAT is what is causing problems.

It is perfectly fine to be biased toward one more than the other personally,
but it is NOT okay to treat people differently just because of their views,
and then expect to be accepted equally. That is not consistent.

So the most fairminded, balanced objective people I've met, either way,
are either theists or nontheists who are equally accepting of both theists or nontheists.
It is like being right handed or left handed, blue eyed or brown eyed.
People see things differently and ideally we should be able to work with all views,
and still agree what is justice and equally fair to all people.

And just stick to the principles and solutions/decisions we agree on
REGARDLESS if people are theistic or nontheistic. The anti-business is what is FU it up for everyone.

love

David Jeffrey Seetch
Ps. Be good, be strong!

When you completely let go, as Buddha did,
then you will find the full truth that doesn't depend on there being or not being a God.

If you are still holding on to the need to negate God, that isn't fully letting go yet.
When you are completely objective and neutral and have no issues either way, that's when you
connect with the universal truth and it won't matter at that point.

From the viewpoint of logical Monkey, there is the understood and there's the mysterious.

From the viewpoint of curious Monkey, there's the understood and there's the yet to be understood.

From the viewpoint of emotional Monkey, there's the understood and there is the need to defer control to 'God', for lack of a better term.

All three are relevant to the evolution of Sentience

From the viewpoint of Monkey Evolution, there's the understood and there's the tiny, miniscule, fairly close to irrelevant amount of time Monkeys have been on The Timeline thus far in our living experiment in Sentience.

Is their a scientist somewhere, in madness or in sanity, weighing and measuring our progress? :dunno:

As best as I can tell, there is no way to know, so I spend little time these days in speculation. Time is a precious thing.​

`

Nor do I spend much Time in contemplation of what lay beyond Death's door.

I realize that I'm betting my eternal soul that the ancient Arab stories of Abraham are bullshit, but in the grand scheme of Time, the odds are in my favor, if not logic and plausibility.

then you will find the full truth that doesn't depend on there being or not being a God.

If you are still holding on to the need to negate God, that isn't fully letting go yet.
When you are completely objective and neutral and have no issues either way, that's when you

Yes, but to be consistent and objective
like Westwall, is to accept that it goes BOTH ways equally.
There is no scientific proof of NONexistence equally as no scientific proof of Existence.

Otherwise, if people EXCLUDE or diminish/discriminate against the other views,
THAT is what is causing problems.

It is perfectly fine to be biased toward one more than the other personally,
but it is NOT okay to treat people differently just because of their views,
and then expect to be accepted equally. That is not consistent.

So the most fairminded, balanced objective people I've met, either way,
are either theists or nontheists who are equally accepting of both theists or nontheists.
It is like being right handed or left handed, blue eyed or brown eyed.
People see things differently and ideally we should be able to work with all views,
and still agree what is justice and equally fair to all people.

And just stick to the principles and solutions/decisions we agree on
REGARDLESS if people are theistic or nontheistic. The anti-business is what is FU it up for everyone.
I'm agnostic, I see no proof either way. If/when anyone comes up with real proof either way, I'll change my mind in front of irrefutable evidence. Until then, god is merely a theory.

Buddha was a fat unemployed fuck.

Buddha was a fat unemployed fuck.
Know him personally did you? :coffee:

No religious text or philosophy is a lie; it's not required to be historically accurate because it's a teaching. I feel like the Golden Rule should be a universal thing, but many people who are consumed by a faith don't abide by it. For instance look at missionary's; would anyone of the christian faith like it if a group of satanist missionary's tried to save them by converting them? Hypocrisy yo. Wow so if God says treat others how you wish to be treated, then that means everyone should share their beliefs with each other in harmony instead of persecuting non-believers, or shoving your beliefs down peoples throats.

Organized religion is a sham probably, but the philosophy itself is solid. I think church is the problem, because people act fake around peers a lot. And Islam with all that praying and the Jihading going on, I'm not sure if that's a very nice religion. Too much work.

I've spoken with some awesome devout Christians who are super down to earth, but then again I've been accosted by a born again who just really turned me off from the whole thing.

Forum List

Back