Susanne Atanus, Who Blames Gay Rights For Tornadoes, Wins GOP Nomination For Congress

EP-701219738.jpg&maxw=238&maxh=248&updated=

"Everybody knows that God controls weather. God is super angry,"

God is angry. We are provoking him with abortions and same-sex marriage and civil unions," she said. "Same-sex activity is going to increase AIDS. If it's in our military, it will weaken our military. We need to respect God."

:lol:

She looks like someones Italian uncle

Separated at birth:

scalia.jpg

Conservatives are quick to remind us:

1. We are a Christian nation, and the founding fathers created the Constitution in that context, and with the intent to embody that idea in the Constitution.

2. It is thus our duty to honor that belief by interpreting the Constitution in a Christian manner.

...now, this woman is clearly a fundamentalist Christian. Her fundamental beliefs are supposed to most closely follow the teachings of the Bible, which is the basis for Christianity.

Why are you Christian conservatives running away from her?

Susanne Atanus, of Niles, Ill., garnered 54 percent of the vote in her Tuesday win over David Earl Williams III.

"I am not in favor of abortions, I am not in favor of gay rights," Atanus told the Daily Herald, a suburban Chicago newspaper, in January.

She blamed natural disasters and mental disorders on recent advances in LGBT equality and legal abortions.

"God is angry. We are provoking him with abortions and same-sex marriage and civil unions," she said. "Same-sex activity is going to increase AIDS. If it's in our military, it will weaken our military. We need to respect God."

So much for republicans not saying stupid things.

No, she’s not representative of all republicans.

But just as all politics are local, so too are they perception.

1. We are a Christian nation, and the founding fathers created the Constitution in that context, and with the intent to embody that idea in the Constitution.

2. It is thus our duty to honor that belief by interpreting the Constitution in a Christian manner.

...now, this woman is clearly a fundamentalist Christian. Her fundamental beliefs are supposed to most closely follow the teachings of the Bible, which is the basis for Christianity.

We on the right are quick to point out that liberals are stupid and if your post makes sense to you...case closed.

We on the right are quick to point out that liberals are stupid and if your post makes sense to you...case closed.

^^^^^^^

low information, uneducated winger….
^^^^^^^^^^
low information, uneducated winger.....
Couldn't even defend the moron's post. You can't. It was a very dimwitted interpretation of the Constitution, conservatives and the role of religion in the nation. In other words, he got everything wrong and came up with the predicable conclusion. Your idiotic post is more of the same.

So what do you wish to contest?

...that conservatives frequently, repeatedly, use the 'Christian nation' argument?

Susanne Atanus, of Niles, Ill., garnered 54 percent of the vote in her Tuesday win over David Earl Williams III.

"I am not in favor of abortions, I am not in favor of gay rights," Atanus told the Daily Herald, a suburban Chicago newspaper, in January.

She blamed natural disasters and mental disorders on recent advances in LGBT equality and legal abortions.

"God is angry. We are provoking him with abortions and same-sex marriage and civil unions," she said. "Same-sex activity is going to increase AIDS. If it's in our military, it will weaken our military. We need to respect God."

So much for republicans not saying stupid things.

No, she’s not representative of all republicans.

But just as all politics are local, so too are they perception.

She's not in favor of abortion, and she's not in favor of gay rights.

Doesn't that put her with the vast majority of conservatives on this board?

Why are they running away from her? Is it because of her beliefs related to God and the Bible?

Sarah Palin is not in favor of abortion, and she's not in favor of gay rights, and she believes the Earth is 6000 years old...

...and yet she's revered on this board by conservatives. What's the difference between the two?

Inever heard of this person.
I did hear about Hank Johnson, the Democrat in Congress who thinks Guam might tip over. Dems are morons.

It really doesn't get dumber than this. I mean it's one thing for this idiot to run for office. It's quite another for her to get the nomination. Republicans are dumb.
but yet Hank is already a member.....is he not?....does that not put Democrats in the same boat?....just askin....

Childish to neg me.

Okay I challenge you to find a democrat running for office who is dumber or as dumb as this woman.

Ran for iffce and won. What does that say?
Bill de Blasio: How Bad Is This Guy? ? Manhattan Contrarian

Be honest. You did a random google search didn't you?

Absolutely nothing about this man indicates he is dumber than the woman in the OP. Is he dumb? Perhaps, but he pales in comparison.

Billy out here we have had to hear what Maxine Waters has to say for the last 20 plus years....as far as Democrats go....some of the shit she has said or brought up does not make the left side of Congress look to good....there are idiots on both sides....we have plenty of them from my State....

Yes, it seems logical that an invisible man in the sky creates destructive hurricanes and tornadoes as punishment for two men or two women falling in love with each other. That makes perfect sense until you think about it.

You remember a story of a drunk building a boat large enough to hold two of every species of life on Earth? That's all it was- a story. And not a very well-written story, either. What about the animals that lived on different continents? Did Noah circumnavigate the globe over 2500 years before Columbus to collect all of the American animals? And what did Noah feed to the carnivores on his ship for 40 days and 40 nights?

That's why it's called faith something some people have and some don't I can't show conclusive proof God exist or the story of Noah is true and no one here can prove the opposite either you either choose to believe or you don't.
I say the same thing about Superman. People tell me that Superman doesn't exist because you can't see him, and I say, "Have faith. He moves faster than a speeding bullet. Of course you can't see him." And then the person responds, "But why does he let bad things happen to good people?" And I say, "Because he's only one person. As fast as he is, he can't be everywhere at once, like God."

Get it? Superman and God don't exist. Telling yourself that it's real doesn't make it real.

i bet that you could not prove without a doubt that "God" does not exist......just sayin....

That's why it's called faith something some people have and some don't I can't show conclusive proof God exist or the story of Noah is true and no one here can prove the opposite either you either choose to believe or you don't.
I say the same thing about Superman. People tell me that Superman doesn't exist because you can't see him, and I say, "Have faith. He moves faster than a speeding bullet. Of course you can't see him." And then the person responds, "But why does he let bad things happen to good people?" And I say, "Because he's only one person. As fast as he is, he can't be everywhere at once, like God."

Get it? Superman and God don't exist. Telling yourself that it's real doesn't make it real.

i bet that you could not prove without a doubt that "God" does not exist......just sayin....
Yeah I'm betting proving Superman does not exist would be rather easy God not so much but this is what one has to go to when they have lost the debate.

Inever heard of this person.
I did hear about Hank Johnson, the Democrat in Congress who thinks Guam might tip over. Dems are morons.

You're a moron for not knowing by now that Hank Johnson was being satirical. That people of your dismal intellect didn't get it proves how brilliant it was.

did not look that way in the video....

Well this whack job is going to lose by 98% to 2%...Nothing to see here.
BTW, Schakowsky is very safe. The district is just north of Chicago in Lake County. She has held the seat since 1999. So safe in fact no mainstream republican would even bother to run.
If I were you there would be no need to get lathered up about this.
Of course with you , the worst far left wing lib is always better than any right leaning candidate, no matter how moderate.
I have often said this and I firmly believe it: If a dead liberal were to end up in an election running against a live member of the gop, I WOULD VOTE FOR THE DEAD LIBERAL!

well many have already been elected....especially in my State....Brain dead anyway....

Forum List

Back