"Survivalist" reality shows

Delta4Embassy

Gold Member
Dec 12, 2013
Earth
You're not a survivalist if for 21 days you're dropped bareass naked somewhere while a camera crew tags along with you. You're a contestant.

A big part of surviving in the wild with little to nothing is mental resilience. If you know you could say "I give up" at any time to the camera crew and be extricated away to home and comfort you're not in a situation of actual peril.

I've been with literally nothing and discovered that even when hungry (actually hungry as with sleeping in derelict vehicles at night, bathing in streams, and doing what bears do in the woods) I still wouldn't steal easy snatched food or anything else not natural to my personality. When you have literally nothing and want the simplest of things like food, water, and a place to go to the toilet, then you're in actual peril. It's not a survivalist show when you have a machete and fire-starting implement. Nor is it anything watchable if it starts with honest disclosure, "And here's the 4 or 5 guys of our camera crew." Only reason you're even on tv is you're naked and supposedly afraid...;)

Forum List

Back