Sure, This Can Only Be Explained By Evolution

sitarro

Gold Member
Nov 17, 2003
USA
The operation of this incredible machine, at over 70 wing movements a second, make the evolutionary theory seem silly.......... are we really suppose to believe this extremely efficent design was just an accident?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D8vjYTXgIJw&feature=channel]YouTube - Time Warp: Hummingbird[/ame]

It's not an "accident," but rather tiny genetic mutations that accumulate over generations to produce new traits, and processes that make these variations more common or rare [i.e. natural selection].

It's just science. :)

It's not an "accident," but rather tiny genetic mutations that accumulate over generations to produce new traits, and processes that make these variations more common or rare [i.e. natural selection].

It's just science. :)

I'm a designer, you'll need to do better than "it's science". "Science" has been proven wrong continually since the first "scientists" barfed up their ideas about whatever they studied. Why would this bird need to "evolve" to just drink from particular flowers that needed the abilities it's capable of, why not just feed from flowers that were easier to access. Why would this bird evolve this far and yet a shark hasn't changed much since it's original design. We are suppose to buy that this incredible bird started as a spark in the primordial ooze.

Hummingbirds and flowers are funny because they co-evolve- variations in the flowers caused variations in the birds and vice-versa, mutualism resulting from the bird's need for food and the plant's need for pollination. As for "this bird evolve this far" vis-a-vis the shark, that's kind of a silly claim. By what criteria is one more evolved than the other? Sharks emerged on the earth 420 million years ago and were very different, eventually evolving into the sharks we know today, most of which have been around for 100 million years. The notion that sharks "are the same as their original design" is a popular misconception.

Anyway, what's your take? "Somebody *hint hint* had to design it, a superpowerful being!" Well, that's great. I don't care. Maybe some higher power did design everything. But whatever that higher power "designed", we call it evolution.

Someday, if you have time pick up a copy of "Shadows of Forgotten Ancestors." Carl Sagan.. I thought it a very thought provoking book.

Sagan and Druyan argue that territoriality, xenophobia, ethnocentrism, occasional outbreeding and a preference for small, semi-isolated groups are elements in a survival strategy common to many species, including Homo sapiens. They assert that society's problems increasingly demand global solutions and require a dramatic, strategic shift which the authors believe humankind is capable of achieving. The authors discuss the evolution of Earth's atmosphere and life forms, the genetic code, and the advantages of sexual reproduction. The final third of the book deals chimpanzees, baboons and apes, with the authors finding the social lives of these primates "hauntingly familiar" to the lives of humans with their dominance hierarchy, combat, suppression of females and chimps' remarkable ability to communicate through symbols.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shadows_of_Forgotten_Ancestors_(book)

Last edited:
Someday, if you have time pick up a copy of "Shadows of Forgotten Ancestors." Carl Sagan.. I thought it a very thought provoking book.

Sagan and Druyan argue that territoriality, xenophobia, ethnocentrism, occasional outbreeding and a preference for small, semi-isolated groups are elements in a survival strategy common to many species, including Homo sapiens. They assert that society's problems increasingly demand global solutions and require a dramatic, strategic shift which the authors believe humankind is capable of achieving. The authors discuss the evolution of Earth's atmosphere and life forms, the genetic code, and the advantages of sexual reproduction. The final third of the book deals chimpanzees, baboons and apes, with the authors finding the social lives of these primates "hauntingly familiar" to the lives of humans with their dominance hierarchy, combat, suppression of females and chimps' remarkable ability to communicate through symbols.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shadows_of_Forgotten_Ancestors_(book)

Haha, that's crazy willow, I was about to quote our post and quote the wiki on it, but then you put it in your post. Got me confused for a second.

Anyway, it looks like a really interesting read. I'll try to find it. Thanks for the suggestion. :)

The operation of this incredible machine, at over 70 wing movements a second, make the evolutionary theory seem silly.......... are we really suppose to believe this extremely efficent design was just an accident?

Your ignorance is astounding, The moment you said 'accident', any hint of credibility was lost

I'm a designer,

You are proof that a designer need not be intelligent. I hereby forward the Retarded Designer Hypothesis

. "Science" has been proven wrong continually since the first "scientists" barfed up their ideas about whatever they studied.

You're a fucking idiot. 'Science' has never been 'proven wrong'

Why would this bird need to

Who said anything about a 'need'
"evolve" to just drink from particular flowers that needed the abilities it's capable of

Who said the flowers were like that to begin with?

, why not just feed from flowers that were easier to access.

These bird seems to find these flowers plenty easy to access- oh, not to mention that only ignorant fools like you try to read 'motivation' or desire into genetic drift and mutation.

Why would this bird evolve this far

1- There is no why'
2-'this far'? You have no idea what you're talking about.

and yet a shark hasn't changed much since it's original design

1-Do tell what the shark's 'original design' was and prove it
2-You're presupposing design- because you're an idiot

We are suppose to buy that this incredible bird started as a spark in the primordial ooze.

Who said a bird was electricity. try going to school or reading a science book inste4ad of getting your information regarding sciece from the bible and tract Society

Your ignorance is astounding, The moment you said 'accident', any hint of credibility was lost

I'm a designer,

You are proof that a designer need not be intelligent. I hereby forward the Retarded Designer Hypothesis

These bird seems to find these flowers plenty easy to access- oh, not to mention that only ignorant fools like you try to read 'motivation' or desire into genetic drift and mutation.

1- There is no why'

We are suppose to buy that this incredible bird started as a spark in the primordial ooze.

Who said a bird was electricity. try going to school or reading a science book inste4ad of getting your information regarding sciece from the bible and tract Society

you sound like the idiot! Isn't there room for discussion?

seeing as I tore apart the IDiot's moronic assertions and ignorant talking point... :rolleyes:

Notice no attempt to defend the OP's ignorance- only attacks upon the Harbinger

I'm a designer,

1- There is no why'

Wow, did I hit a nerve badass? I'm not particularly religious and I have never read the bible, the first paragraph put me to sleep. I do question dickheads that put a ridiculous amount of trust in everything put out by anybody that calls themselves a scientist. This type of ultra slow motion photography is fairly recent and I'm sure it's use has disproved many theories by your science gods.

As for your assumptions about me, are you a "scientist", your theories are about as accurate as many I have met ...... tool.:lol::lol::lol:

you sound like the idiot!

Actually, I'm the smart one correcting the IDiot

Isn't there room for discussion?

intelligent discussion, sure. the retarded talking points in the OP, no.

Retarded talking points........ which are they, how many points are you talking about? Is the speed of beats "retarded"? Extremely efficient design, is that a "retarded" statement? Evolutionary theory........ is it not a theory or has somebody come out with absolute proof?

Curious assholes looking for public funding for their "studies" aren't gods ace, they are just people doing a job and trying to make a living. Many are happy to stretch the truth of what they report in order to get more funding........ talk to your hero Al Gore, he knows their names by heart.

seeing as I tore apart the IDiot's moronic assertions and ignorant talking point... :rolleyes:

Notice no attempt to defend the OP's ignorance- only attacks upon the Harbinger

that's because it's not about attack..it's about learning what the other guy thinks and why.

1- There is no why'

Wow, did I hit a nerve badass? I'm not particularly religious and I have never read the bible, the first paragraph put me to sleep. I do question dickheads that put a ridiculous amount of trust in everything put out by anybody that calls themselves a scientist. This type of ultra slow motion photography is fairly recent and I'm sure it's use has disproved many theories by your science gods.

As for your assumptions about me, are you a "scientist", your theories are about as accurate as many I have met ...... tool.:lol::lol::lol:

did you happen to see that video Chamelon that I posted?? This blows my mind.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KMT1FLzEn9I[/ame]

Last edited:

YouTube - Time Warp: Hummingbird

Accident is not the right word. Accident implies that there was some kind of a plan. There is no plan. It is just something that happened. While this "incredible machine" survived, the flightless Dodo walked into extinction.

Millions of "incredible machines" are now extinct. Not an accident or a plan. It's just nature doing what nature does. It changes. What changes with it in some ways leads to a superior ability to cope while other changes lead to an inferior ability to cope.

No plan. No accidents. No mistakes. No design. Just a brutal and remorseless progression of events that leave some standing and some fallen.

Humming birds become the substitute for the watch. If there is a watch, there must be a watch MAKER. A superb cosmic designer. A supreme being. I remember asking my Sunday school teacher many many years ago : Who MADE god, then?

Forum List

Back