CDZ Supreme Court Upholds Liberal Travel Ban?

Also a clear cut example of judicial activism at it worst.
Better get used to it, for those of us warning against judicial activism from the left this was the only avenue available...don't worry, if the liberal activism of the past is any yardstick this will only last 50 years and will be met mostly with silence when you bring it up...it's your time to enjoy.
What judicial activism from the left?

How about the judge from CA that ruled the ban unconstitutional? Now that was some activism. He actually stated in his ruling that the reason it was unconstitutional was what he "thought" the reasoning was behind the law. He was playing amateur physiologist in his ruling. That is absolutely absurd. The fact is, the countries on the list are countries were terrorism is prevalent. They happen to be majority Muslim because, ***newsflash***, most terrorist have been Muslim. Even Democrats are smart enough to realize this, but their ideology of political correctness won't let them admit it.

Also, what about the activism being displayed by sanctuary states and cities defying federal law? I that isn't activism I don't know what is.

Supreme Court upholds Trump travel ban on some Muslim-majority nations

Supreme Court upholds Trump travel ban

Not really debating the ban itself here. Some of the wording in the articles got my interest.

My train of thought is this expansion of Presidential power is pretty liberal and these poorly trained news people keep calling it the "Conservative" court when it is not. Its a court voting for its team of choice.

Right, wrong or indifferent for the ban, its a Trump / Republican thing from an Executive Order. Between 2008 and 2016 I read plenty on here about the evils of Executive Orders and how unconstitutional those were bypassing congress and the like.
It is NOT liberal at all IT is solely the Presidents authority to declare such a ban always has been.

Article 1, Section 8 covers immigration doesn't it? States get to decide who gets in, Congress gets to set the test for citizenship?

Anything else seems pretty liberal.

If you think its best the President has that power you might be right. That is debatable and defendable. Its similar to my opinion on the old Obamacare though. I think it was Constitutional in only the most liberal, contrived sense. I also thought it was for the best.

Forum List

Back