CDZ When does the sanctity of life run out ?

Tommy Tainant

Diamond Member
Jan 20, 2016
Y Cae Ras
Based on other threads I have read on here.

People are quite comfortable in killing criminals who steal their cars.

How does that square with the sanctity of life ?

Is a lump of metal worth a life ?

The people pushing this extremism are vocally anti abortion.

I just dont get it.

Either life is sacred or it isnt.

When does the concern accorded to a mass of tissues expire ?

At birth ?

Either life is sacred or it is worth less than a lump of metal.

The lives of the innocent are sacred.
And thieves in the process of robbing other people are putting their own lives at risk. The OP does not seem to understand that. That being said, I would rather the thief experience jail time.

I just dont get it.

At birth ?

A preborn never tried to steal my car. But should that ever come to happen, I wouldn't hesitate to perforate them too.

And thieves in the process of robbing other people are putting their own lives at risk. The OP does not seem to understand that. That being said, I would rather the thief experience jail time.
Its about proportionality. Im not particularly religious but "thou salt not kill" seems to be good advice.

The sixth commandment must cover car jackers ?

No, you don’t understand the thread premise.

If one believes life is truly sacred, then he wouldn’t kill someone for simply stealing a car, considering life to be of greater value than a car, where a car thief’s life shouldn’t be ‘at risk.’

The issue concerns stealing a car only, not threatening the car owner’s life while stealing the car.

Its about proportionality. Im not particularly religious but "thou salt not kill" seems to be good advice.

"Thou shalt not kill" really means "Thou shalt not murder." Would you also condemn a police officer who shoots a knife-wielding terrorist in downtown London? How about British Special Forces killing ISIS shitheads in Syria?

Is that "murder"?

I just dont get it.

At birth ?

The thing is a given person might have a family. Their family needs to be fed, clothed and prescriptions purchased for them. The person's car gets them to work. Without the ability to work the person cannot get paid. No pay. No taking care of the family.

The answer: harming or killing the car thief keeps family alive. Car thief dies every time.

Youth can be a beautiful set of blinders. Saving the world and preserving all life sounds great. But either you have something to protect and you do, or you philosophize away the responsibility and let them starve.

Or

How about the child stricken with leukemia? How will her parents get her to treatment if they allow the thief to walk.

How will a mother get to the store to buy food or medicine?

In every case existential value cannot be placed on the hunk of metal with wheels. Its meaning exceeds its materialistic composition.

No, you don’t understand the thread premise.

If one believes life is truly sacred, then he wouldn’t kill someone for simply stealing a car, considering life to be of greater value than a car, where a car thief’s life shouldn’t be ‘at risk.’

The issue concerns stealing a car only, not threatening the car owner’s life while stealing the car.
I did understand the premise. When one commits a crime such as stealing a car, there is a significant probability if caught in the act that things will escalate such that someone will get hurt or killed.

"Thou shalt not kill" really means "Thou shalt not murder." Would you also condemn a police officer who shoots a knife-wielding terrorist in downtown London? How about British Special Forces killing ISIS shitheads in Syria?

Is that "murder"?
You give extreme examples that are not really germane.
But.........................
If a person was in the act of killing people then it could possibly be justified.
If they are just stealing something then "things" can be replaced. A life cant be replaced.

I just dont get it.

At birth ?

The thing is a given person might have a family. Their family needs to be fed, clothed and prescriptions purchased for them. The person's car gets them to work. Without the ability to work the person cannot get paid. No pay. No taking care of the family.

The answer: harming or killing the car thief keeps family alive. Car thief dies every time.

Youth can be a beautiful set of blinders. Saving the world and preserving all life sounds great. But either you have something to protect and you do, or you philosophize away the responsibility and let them starve.

Or

How about the child stricken with leukemia? How will her parents get her to treatment if they allow the thief to walk.

In every case existential value cannot be placed on the hunk of metal with wheels. Its meaning exceeds its materialistic composition.
Insurance covers car theft.it may be inconvenient for a little while but you get your money back. Your examples are not valid.

Is that "murder"?
If a person was in the act of killing people then it could possibly be justified.
If they are just stealing something then "things" can be replaced. A life cant be replaced.

Well alrighty then: How about going Sharia Law on them and chopping off a hand for stealing something?

I could abide by that.

Here is how it should end. However, the thief could had lost his life had he made the wrong move.

Is that "murder"?

Well alrighty then: How about going Sharia Law on them and chopping off a hand for stealing something?

I could abide by that.
Neither of us live in countries that practice sharia Law. Is that what you would like ?

Is life sacred ?

Is that "murder"?

I could abide by that.
Neither of us live in countries that practice sharia Law. Is that what you would like ?

Is life sacred ?

I certainly don't live in a country that embraces Sharia law.

As for you my friend, soon. :biggrin:

T

I just dont get it.

At birth ?

Or

Insurance covers car theft.it may be inconvenient for a little while but you get your money back. Your examples are not valid.

Abortion is like shooting a car thief their when there is no car.

Like killing a man standing in an empty parking lot.

It is attacking the most innocent , , , a life incapable of defending itself. That is the mother's duty.

Your lack of responsibility to family is stunning.

Dismissing my argument without debate, philosophy or array of reasoning proves you did not come here to debate but to preach.

Disappointing.

T

I just dont get it.

At birth ?

Or

Abortion is like shooting a car thief their when there is no car.

Like killing a man standing in an empty parking lot.

It is attacking the most innocent , , , a life incapable of defending itself. That is the mother's duty.

Your lack of responsibility to family is stunning.

Dismissing my argument without debate, philosophy or array of reasoning proves you did not come here to debate but to preach.

Disappointing.
Yiour arguments are weak. Cars can be replaced, people cant be .

Sometimes it happens like this.

We're not supposed to hear about that, the armed guy who stopped the robbery was either black or Hispanic.

Did you see the rims on the potential victim's car?

Forum List

Back