CDZ "Food for thought too

Wry Catcher

Diamond Member
Aug 3, 2009
San Francisco Bay Area
All the times Trump has called for violence at his rallies

Please review the above comments by Donald Trump and compare these comments with the exercise of free speech by the public in shaming the Press Secretary and the Secretary of Homeland Security.

Ask yourself honestly: Which one is an exercise of free speech and expression, and which one is tantamount to yelling, "FIRE" in a crowded theater?

Donald Trump: “I certainly don’t incite violence and … I don’t condone violence” Is the new call for violence?

Please review the above comments by Donald Trump and compare these comments with the exercise of free speech by the public in shaming the Press Secretary and the Secretary of Homeland Security.

Ask yourself honestly: Which one is an exercise of free speech and expression, and which one is tantamount to yelling, "FIRE" in a crowded theater?

I'm not familiar with the shaming of the press secretary and homeland security secretary. God, in the eyes of a homeland security secretary we probably have fewer rights than in the eyes of an old CIA or NSA Director. But it isn't like Obama abolished the department so that's a bi-partisan statement.

Trump just isn't a very dignified or well spoken man. In a way its part of his Archie Bunker like appeal. Even though he got fewer votes in the election he still got "the right" votes and won so I can not argue with the effectiveness of the strategy. Is that what we're talking about?

• Banned

I'm not familiar with the shaming of the press secretary and homeland security secretary. God, in the eyes of a homeland security secretary we probably have fewer rights than in the eyes of an old CIA or NSA Director. But it isn't like Obama abolished the department so that's a bi-partisan statement.

Trump just isn't a very dignified or well spoken man. In a way its part of his Archie Bunker like appeal. Even though he got fewer votes in the election he still got "the right" votes and won so I can not argue with the effectiveness of the strategy. Is that what we're talking about?

That's not the message in my post. Archie Bunker was a mere characterization; Trump is a living, breathing person with power over people, who has a total disregard for the health and well being of those who question his behavior and motives. In fact, those who do are treated with wickedness and injustice and Trump expects his base to do the same.

Trump offering his opinion with such remarks as "the audience hit back, that's what we need more of" is not inciting violence. Trump can be rather coarse, "maybe he should have been roughed up" is an example. However, it is overwrought to suggest that his power as POTUS will cause people to hit each other.

Ask yourself honesty: when Barack Obama talked about bringing a gun to a knife fight, was it a figure of speech or was he inciting violence?

Forum List

Back