Supreme Court Blocks Republican-Drawn Alabama Voting Map

Leave it to leftists like the OP to accuse right-leaners of doing what the leftists do in a regular basis.

Hey OP, does Uncle RICO's illegal student debt work-around ring any bells for ya?
The far-left faithfully follows the rules laid out by Saul Alinsky in "Rules For Radicals".

On June 8, 2023, the United States Supreme Court issued its opinion in Allen v. Milligan, holding that Alabama’s congressional redistricting scheme likely violated the Voting Rights Act. The state had cleverly (or so it thought) carved out a single Black-majority district, intentionally diluting Black representation in a state where 1 in 4 residents is Black.

The last thing Alabama’s Republican-dominated legislature expected was to have their racist redistricting map repudiated by some of their own right-wing friends on the United States Supreme Court.
So Alabama Republicans huddled together and hours before the deadline produced another map, again containing a single Black majority district.

As Adam Serwer, writing for The Atlantic, observes, this deliberate ignoring of the law when it doesn’t happen to suit their needs fits a pattern with conservatives, “whose view is that the only legitimate outcomes—or laws, or governments, or presidents, or Supreme Court rulings—are conservative ones.”

In fact, we see this type of Republican hypocrisy toward the “law” demonstrated over and over again: The GOP is the party of “law and order” except when it’s applied to Donald Trump’s criminal handling of classified documents or sordid history of sexual assault. It’s the party of “legality” except when it involves blatantly lying about your qualifications to be a member of Congress. It’s the party of “law enforcement” except when it’s applied to a horde of Trump supporters attacking police while assaulting the nation’s Capitol.

No, we just ignore shills who post propaganda for the The Democrat Regime.

On June 8, 2023, the United States Supreme Court issued its opinion in Allen v. Milligan, holding that Alabama’s congressional redistricting scheme likely violated the Voting Rights Act. The state had cleverly (or so it thought) carved out a single Black-majority district, intentionally diluting Black representation in a state where 1 in 4 residents is Black.

The last thing Alabama’s Republican-dominated legislature expected was to have their racist redistricting map repudiated by some of their own right-wing friends on the United States Supreme Court.
So Alabama Republicans huddled together and hours before the deadline produced another map, again containing a single Black majority district.

As Adam Serwer, writing for The Atlantic, observes, this deliberate ignoring of the law when it doesn’t happen to suit their needs fits a pattern with conservatives, “whose view is that the only legitimate outcomes—or laws, or governments, or presidents, or Supreme Court rulings—are conservative ones.”

In fact, we see this type of Republican hypocrisy toward the “law” demonstrated over and over again: The GOP is the party of “law and order” except when it’s applied to Donald Trump’s criminal handling of classified documents or sordid history of sexual assault. It’s the party of “legality” except when it involves blatantly lying about your qualifications to be a member of Congress. It’s the party of “law enforcement” except when it’s applied to a horde of Trump supporters attacking police while assaulting the nation’s Capitol.

Kinda like you asshats with your sanctuary cities.

So, go piss up a rope, dope.

People in glass houses.....sing along. Tell me how lib states tried working round the abortion ruling

Well the closest would be California which is making it a crime to share medical information with another state.

Curiously. The let the states decide folks don’t see a problem with criminalizing the people who go to the states where Abortion is legal.

Tell me what a sanctuary city is and what crimes they commit please?
Wild%20Seriously-M.jpg

And this is a dupe thread from 2 months ago. Reported.

That's EXACTLY what they are doing.

Try again.

Then I will explain. What they are doing is refusing to honor Detainer Requests.

A Detainer Request is not a legal document. It is not a warrant. It has no force of law. It is someone asking you to do them a favor. And by the way incur all the legal jeopardy in doing so.

A Warrant, signed by a Judge, is a legal document. Any police officer who does not arrest that individual immediately upon recognizing the warrant has committed a crime.

But the ICE agents don’t have warrants. They don’t get warrants. They send you a letter asking you to hold this guy until they get around to collecting him. Or not. They may not show up. They won’t call and say it was the wrong person. They’ll just leave you swinging in the wind.

The other thing that the Sanctuary Cities do is forbid their cops from asking about immigration status. The Supreme Court has ruled that Immigration is the responsibility of and sole purview of the Federal Government. Not the states and not the cities. The cities are not doing anything to prevent ICE agents from going to arrest anyone they want. The ICE agents are just not getting the locals to do their work for them.

The Cities are committing no crimes. They are just washing their hands and stepping back. They are saying your issues are your problems. Not ours.

That is why that nobody has been charged. You can refuse to do someone a favor. There is no legal obligation to assist someone as part of a favor.

Let me put it this way. Let’s say we are neighbors. You have an issue with Armadillos in your yard. You want to kill them. I say have fun. You want me to help. I say no. Yes. In Georgia Armadillos are an invasive species. You commit no crime in shooting them as long as the laws of where and which way you shoot are followed. But I owe you nothing. I don’t owe you my assistance nor access to my property to help you in your war on the invasive species.

Your actions are your problem. Not mine.

So what horrible crimes are the Sanctuary Cities committing?

Then I will explain. What they are doing is refusing to honor Detainer Requests.

A Detainer Request is not a legal document. It is not a warrant. It has no force of law. It is someone asking you to do them a favor. And by the way incur all the legal jeopardy in doing so.

A Warrant, signed by a Judge, is a legal document. Any police officer who does not arrest that individual immediately upon recognizing the warrant has committed a crime.

But the ICE agents don’t have warrants. They don’t get warrants. They send you a letter asking you to hold this guy until they get around to collecting him. Or not. They may not show up. They won’t call and say it was the wrong person. They’ll just leave you swinging in the wind.

The other thing that the Sanctuary Cities do is forbid their cops from asking about immigration status. The Supreme Court has ruled that Immigration is the responsibility of and sole purview of the Federal Government. Not the states and not the cities. The cities are not doing anything to prevent ICE agents from going to arrest anyone they want. The ICE agents are just not getting the locals to do their work for them.

The Cities are committing no crimes. They are just washing their hands and stepping back. They are saying your issues are your problems. Not ours.

That is why that nobody has been charged. You can refuse to do someone a favor. There is no legal obligation to assist someone as part of a favor.

Let me put it this way. Let’s say we are neighbors. You have an issue with Armadillos in your yard. You want to kill them. I say have fun. You want me to help. I say no. Yes. In Georgia Armadillos are an invasive species. You commit no crime in shooting them as long as the laws of where and which way you shoot are followed. But I owe you nothing. I don’t owe you my assistance nor access to my property to help you in your war on the invasive species.

Which means they are aiding and abetting conspiracy to VIOLATE immigration law.

EXACTLY what I said.

DURRRRRR

That is awesome! Florida and Texas should keep sending them more illegal aliens.

Which means they are aiding and abetting conspiracy to VIOLATE immigration law.

EXACTLY what I said.

DURRRRRR

Not even close. Trump was President for four years. Find where anyone was charged for sanctuary policies. You can’t. It isn’t illegal.

I’ve said this many times. You idiots on the right need to learn what the laws actually are. Not what you imagine they are, or should be in your opinions.

No surprise. westwall won’t bother discussing what the laws really say. He just knows. Anyone who disagrees with him is wrong. And awful. And a traitor. Or something.

I can handle ignorant. Ignorant just means you don’t know. What is pathetic is when they just won’t learn. That isn’t ignorant. That’s

Forum List

Back