Supreme Court asked to delay Chrysler sale

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Gunny, Jun 8, 2009.

1. Gunny

Gunny Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,770
    Just wait. Obama will overturn the Supreme Court if they rule against the unions.

2. KittenKoder

KittenKoder Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,714
    What we need is to stop regulation of business, let them all swim or sink based on the quality of products and services, period.

3. Gunny

Gunny Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,770
    :eusa_hand:

No making sense. You were supposed to respond with: "Obama can't overturn the Supreme Court."

4. KittenKoder

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,714
    Problem isn't whether he can or can't, problem is whether people will think for themselves or do what he says.

5. Gunny

Gunny Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,770
    And to think I took you on as a mod. My little brother played along better than you even when he KNEW he was going to get tortured.:eusa_eh:

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  6. KittenKoder

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,714
    Right now, I see that we are all fucked, our country is collapsing and no one is changing anything. So sorry I spoiled your playful mood, I didn't realize what you were getting at. Lure Bobo in here, he'd be fun for a few laughs, might even make me forget my pain today.

7. Lycurgus

Lycurgus Who is Obama, really...??

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +258
    Screw Obama, screw the UAW and Screw the Racist he is sending for nomination to the court. Let Fiat have it and tell Obama and his Klan to sit down and shut up.

Hey Gunny, it would not surprise me to see him try to overturn the court. LOL

It's a shame the American auto worker didn't either force the UAW to clean it's act long ago or simply walked away from the UAW.

8. Navy1960

Navy1960 Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,189
    I for one hope this thing gets tied up in court for years. The reason being is the "bond" holders in any other backruptcy proceeding or sale would at least get something. This sale was rammed down the throat of all those so called "rich" people that invested in Chrysler, you know the the teachers, firefighters, police, those people. Personally this whole thing should have gone through the regular bankruptcy process just like it should have in the beginning without ANY Govt. intervention during the process. Yet another example of how well the Fed. can manage things. and this is the same Govt. that wants to bring you healthcare.!!

9. Barb

Barb Carpe Scrotum

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,586
    He can't.
    It shouldn't even be an issue though.
    They, none of them, the big box banks (one stop shopping! auto, insurance, personal and corporate credit, mortgage, life and home insurance) or auto dealers should have been allowed to put a gun to our heads and tell us that if we don't fork over X amount of dollars RIGHT NOW, and with NO oversight! that all hell would break loose. If we don't bargain with terrorists, we sure as shit shouldn't have bargained with them.

The thing is, now that we have, its a totally different head. What? We give them mad money and DON'T get to tell them how to handle it? They did such a bang up job up to needing our great-grandchildren to pay interest on the loans we just dealt out like it was monopoly money that they should be trusted to handle it better this time?

It isn't private profit anymore, because the losses became public in a huge way. I agree that Obama can't overturn the Supremes. I just hope the Supremes know whose do re mi they're passing judgement on.

10. xotoxi

xotoxi Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,492

That's exactly what I was thinking.