Suppose we bomb Syria, and AlQaeda responds by...........

Little-Acorn

Gold Member
Jun 20, 2006
San Diego, CA
This is just a what-if. No, I don't have any evidence that this will happen, I just made it up. Totally hypothetical.

But what if....

There have been maybe 100 Al Qaeda cells waiting in the U.S., scattered among our largest dozen cities or so, all in one time zone, quietly put in place in a year or two after Sept. 11, 2001. Carefully instructed to do nothing for the last ten years, so not to arouse suspicions, just wait until we contact you. Over the last few weeks, they've quietly gotten the word that, if U.S. cruise missiles hit Syria, that's when you will act.

So, on a Tuesday in 2013, the U.S. shoots a bunch of cruise missiles into Syria and wreck a bunch of buildings.

On Wednesday, each member of these Al Qaeda cells, rents a car. They drive to previously selected elementary schools, right when the school is letting out for the day. Little kids are pouring out of the schools, walking down the sidewalks with parents or friends etc. Each rented car floors it, bangs up onto the sidewalk, and goes mowing down kids as hard and fast as it can. Then swings over to the next block and does it some more. Anywhere from 10 to 100 little kids (and parents walking with them) are killed at each school, and another 20 to 100 injured. It's over within a few minutes at each school.

At each school, nobody realizes it's happening at many schools in many cities, all at the same time, until half an hour later when they catch a news broadcast.

Each driver jumps out, abandoning his rental car, runs a few blocks to where a buddy is waiting with an undamaged rental car. Five or six in each getaway car, they drive quickly to the airport for flights they already have tickets for, and leave the country.

Cops investigate, Homeland Security, FBI, you name it. They find a bunch of rental cars rented under assumed names, no trace of the real renters. Descriptions from confused and frightened witnesses don't help much. They catch a few of the perps, most get away.

We're left with a THOUSAND dead children, as many more dead parents, and twice as many injured.

Now what do we do?

I have thought that was the plan since the "I will get u from the inside" fiasco by OBL

Al Qaeda doesn't support Assad, in fact they're actively fighting against him.

Why would they retaliate against us for attacking their enemy?

because they are our ENEMY I dont understand why people can't understand that simple goddamn word.

This is just a what-if. No, I don't have any evidence that this will happen, I just made it up. Totally hypothetical.

But what if....

There have been maybe 100 Al Qaeda cells waiting in the U.S., scattered among our largest dozen cities or so, all in one time zone, quietly put in place in a year or two after Sept. 11, 2001. Carefully instructed to do nothing for the last ten years, so not to arouse suspicions, just wait until we contact you. Over the last few weeks, they've quietly gotten the word that, if U.S. cruise missiles hit Syria, that's when you will act.

So, on a Tuesday in 2013, the U.S. shoots a bunch of cruise missiles into Syria and wreck a bunch of buildings.

On Wednesday, each member of these Al Qaeda cells, rents a car. They drive to previously selected elementary schools, right when the school is letting out for the day. Little kids are pouring out of the schools, walking down the sidewalks with parents or friends etc. Each rented car floors it, bangs up onto the sidewalk, and goes mowing down kids as hard and fast as it can. Then swings over to the next block and does it some more. Anywhere from 10 to 100 little kids (and parents walking with them) are killed at each school, and another 20 to 100 injured. It's over within a few minutes at each school.

At each school, nobody realizes it's happening at many schools in many cities, all at the same time, until half an hour later when they catch a news broadcast.

Each driver jumps out, abandoning his rental car, runs a few blocks to where a buddy is waiting with an undamaged rental car. Five or six in each getaway car, they drive quickly to the airport for flights they already have tickets for, and leave the country.

Cops investigate, Homeland Security, FBI, you name it. They find a bunch of rental cars rented under assumed names, no trace of the real renters. Descriptions from confused and frightened witnesses don't help much. They catch a few of the perps, most get away.

We're left with a THOUSAND dead children, as many more dead parents, and twice as many injured.

Now what do we do?

You need to coordinate your propagandist fantasies with your fellow 'nuts. Most of them are claiming that a strike on Assad helps Al Qaeda.

But what if....

Now what do we do?

You need to coordinate your propagandist fantasies with your fellow 'nuts. Most of them are claiming that a strike on Assad helps Al Qaeda.
we are the ones helping AQ. :eek:
yall love supporting terrorists that hate us, dnt ya?

Point being what are the odds the SNs make some lame excuse to do the mass murder thing again...

Not quite. Point being, what if Al Qaeda attacks us again, in some massive and gruesome way we have no real defense against, whether their excuse is "sensible" or not?

Than what do we do?

Point being what are the odds the SNs make some lame excuse to do the mass murder thing again...

Not quite. Point being, what if Al Qaeda attacks us again, in some massive and gruesome way we have no real defense against, whether their excuse is "sensible" or not?

Than what do we do?

Same thing we did with the Chechen Boston Bombers, make celebrities out of them and their families and make sure they lawyer-up.

I have thought that was the plan since the "I will get u from the inside" fiasco by OBL

Right after 9/11, I was expecting some type of similar coordinated attack, but I was thinking more along the lines of a place like McD's...and not just in urban areas, but also rural communities, to further damage our economy and sense of safety within our small circles so people would really be terrified to venture outside of their homes. I also expected it because of how cafes and such used to always get bombed in Israel.

Than what do we do?

You’re a ridiculous partisan.

If Al Qaeda has the means and opportunity to attack Americans they will, regardless whether Syria is bombed or not.

Terrorists have been coming across the mexican border as dreamers.

Judging from the number of insider attacks where fighters have killed the Americans who were training them to fight you shouldn't put much stock in muslim gratitude for taking Assad out. obama has insisted he's not going to take Assad out anyway.

To complete your proposal:

obama fires his missiles on Tuesday. On wednesday news crews film Syrian streets lined with dead bodies many of them children saying look at what America did. obama says the strikes were targeted and no one was killed. Terrorists sneer. In retaliation for killing all those muslim children terrorist cells strike here.

Than what do we do?
If Al Qaeda has the means and opportunity to attack Americans they will, regardless whether Syria is bombed or not.

(patiently)

OK, so if Al Qaeda attacks us again, in some massive and gruesome way we have no real defense against, then what do we do?

But what if....

Now what do we do?

Turn Medina into radioactive glass for the next million years with a couple of cobalt-jacketed "dirty" 50+ megaton warheads detonated at ground level. Announce that if anything happens that could conceivably be connected with Al Qaeda in the next century, every Islamic holy site in the world gets the same treatment. They want a holy war, maybe it's time to give them one!

Right after 9/11, I was expecting some type of similar coordinated attack, but I was thinking more along the lines of a place like McD's...and not just in urban areas, but also rural communities, to further damage our economy and sense of safety within our small circles so people would really be terrified to venture outside of their homes. I also expected it because of how cafes and such used to always get bombed in Israel.

There are so many soft spots, of which I won't get into for several reasons, that a committed terrorist or group of them could attack and kill large numbers of people it is mind-boggling.

As for al qaeda "showing gratitude" for "helping them" in syria, that is ludicrous. They are incidental to the syrian conflict, and would still kill americans the next day after any anti-assad bombings.

Forum List

Back