Suppliments and Vitamins

Discussion in 'Health and Lifestyle' started by Iridescence, Oct 14, 2011.

1. Iridescence

Iridescence BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +268
    Ugh. I may be a trip to read.... but damn ya'll... take your suppliments and vitamins!

I can be a bit fanatical... I soak things until they desolve, apply salve and liquor at ridiculous amounts, and my head goes from fast and hard to soft and mellow without illegal drugs. :laugh2: If it's atmospheric, I got it. :cuckoo:

Anyways. I took my dad for his hearing test. Time of year does matter for some, btw, as does blood pressure, etc... And it wasn't pretty. He has hearing loss that needs aids. Well, a huge bill that no one is going to pay is the consequence if he is to get his aides. I asked about the neurological benefits of taking some specific supplements in which seems by all accounts to be a help to the parts of the ears suffering from abuse/age. The salesman said he'd never heard of such a thing.

I love salesmen. I obviously could not be such, most likely, I'd give it all away...

Anyways... A few years ago, I took several suppliments (as I could afford them) for the specific benefit of my physical eye sight. I really struggle (as I have mentioned a few times) with my eyes and they have caused more problems this year than they normally do.

I went for my new glasses... Yippee Yeyee! Only to find out that one of my eyes have gone from -4.50 to -3.50 in two years. Granted, this is not a major improvement for skeptics that boast to know so much better... BUT Holy Hell, it was amazing to me because it is an improvement that didn't take thousands of dollars and it didn't take a scalple.

I don't mean to be such an oddity but it seems every single day of my life just proves me to necessarily be so.

Remember: TAKE YOUR SUPPLIMENTS AND VITAMINS. They matter! Find out what your body lacks by what symptoms you have and/or do not have and do your own research... TALK to your doctors, don't just oggle at them as though they are lusty pinups. *hearts* They have earned their positions, obviously.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  2. L.K.Eder

L.K.Eder unbannable non-troll

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,810

i tried to follow you.

i need a beer.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  3. techieny

techieny Conservative Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +586
    astigmatism can get better or worse over time. It depends on the axis of your astigmatism. If the supplements make you feel better more power to you!

4. Iridescence

Iridescence BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +268
    Excellent point. *he*arts* become *hearts*

5. Iridescence

Iridescence BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +268
    Well... many natural things may not continually fulfill the needs of the body. I don't know much about large agricultural practices but the hybrids are said to loose a great deal of nutrition. Farmers sometimes have to make the tough call to develop sustainable crop over traditional crop... Again, though, I don't know.

My diet and my family's diet is not at all what it could be, though, and there are a lot of flaws in the way we eat, as well as the time in which we eat... I have only learned that, for us, especially, the suppliments and vitamins are a worthy investment. It may not always be the case and it may not always be so for everyone else... BUT with the issues of the health crisis and major medical bills that remain unpaid... it seems a necessary mention.

6. ekrem

ekrem VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +375
    I take 1.2 gram Vitamin C a day, I don't eat much fresh vegetables. Mainly dried fruits in the morning.
    When I do sports I take 0.6 - 0.8 gram Caffeine to be fully awake and focused, if I take higher dose my jaw cramps.

The rest comes from normal food.

7. Iridescence

Iridescence BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +268
    I have increased my intake of neurological support suppliments, among other things like the timing of alcohol intake (Hahahaha) and vitamins a and d. I have my own independent reasons for such but it seems illogical for the same to be universally necessary.

Motor recognition and/or control can be an amazing thing. It's like moving an avatar.

8. midcan5

midcan5 liberal / progressive

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,299
    Mom used to line us up, and dad enforced, the weekly dose of cod liver oil. Then she placed us, before there were too many, in the sun, for she believed the sun equaled health. Vitamins and health food were important too when she could afford them. I have followed lots of her ideas she was ahead of her time. Today people say I look ten to twenty years younger than real age, so who knows. I think riding a bicycle has helped too. Oh, and moms then often said stand up straight - do they still?

Vitamins & Supplements Center

Healthy Eating Plate - The Nutrition Source - Harvard School of Public Health

Vitamin D and Health - What Should I Eat? - The Nutrition Source - Harvard School of Public Health

Quackwatch

9. Iridescence

Iridescence BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +268
    I come from several alcoholics and heavy smokers. It is almost playing the eternal catchup to confront these issues when I married into heart disease, diabetes, and such things that we were already predisposed to by a horrible (however, taught) American diet.

My first approach was to battle depressive issues and really work on the healthiest state of mind possible. I find that this is no less of a process, however, so I could not ever do any boasting.

One of my most favorite amino acids is:

L-Tyrosine

and folic acid is important Folic Acid but it is really important to also listen and learn from one's own individual body.

10. jamesrustin

jamesrustin Rookie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1
    It is very important to take your Vitamins regularly. They keep proper functioning of our body. I take my vitamins everyday without fail. It has helped me a lot.