"Superfast" Battery Offers 400 Km Driving Range From 10 Minutes Charge

LiPoFe chemical batteries, besides being expensive and toxic, are decades old tech that has reached the physical limits of their capabilities .

And yet they keep on getting better.

Electric motors and motor controllers used in current EVs are inefficient and haven't gotten appreciably better for the last 50 years.

If you say so. Must be why F1 has went to them.

At least you have to wait a while. A gas powered car bursts in to flames at a rate between 175k and 284k a year…….and you drive a gas car.

Blow it out your ass. Gas cars, if they catch fire, do so because of a gas spill or a freak hose leak onto hot exhaust or a collision or some correctable issue usually, whereas EVs catch fire for no foreseeable or correctable reason, and burn hot and can't be put out and incinerate, like this Tesla who was being towed for a mere flat tire, caught on fire for no reason, then continued to burn for 16 hours reigniting despite firefighters repeatedly thinking they had put it out.

Brand new car, gets a flat tire warning. Takes a fire crew thousands of gallons of water and 16 hours later, the owner is left with this:

Screen Shot 2023-08-20 at 12.38.32 PM.png
Screen Shot 2023-08-20 at 12.38.59 PM.png

What people don't realize with a battery that can charge enough to power a car 150-200 miles in just 10 minutes is that it still takes the same amount of energy as an EV battery that takes 4-8 hours to charge, you are simply dumping a much higher current into a battery that has far lower internal resistance--- ie, acts like a dead short with capacity. And a battery that can absorb so much energy in 10 minutes will be capable of RELEASING far more energy far more quickly as well, so you are in effect sitting on a ticking time bomb that could go off at any time, over a simple collision or some small internal defect.

And while the "quick fill" alleviates the obvious, immediate problem of an EV, you still can't find working charging stations hardly anywhere even in California, you are still left carrying energy produced elsewhere and storing it instead of producing it as you drive yourself directly like a gas car, and you are still left with the enormous cost of the cars, the environment impact of strip mining all of these precious metals using mostly slave labor in 3rd world countries and the massive expense of replacing the batteries ever 9-10 years.

At least you have to wait a while. A gas powered car bursts in to flames at a rate between 175k and 284k a year…….and you drive a gas car.
Out of how many vehicles? Around 265,000,000 vehicles.

The figure you are guessing about is much closer to 196,000 gas cars catching fire each year.

For some reason, hybrid cars have the worst record with regard to fires.

Decades ago, my gas car caught fire. Even then I was surprised at how much melted and was completely gone after the fire. The car was about six years old that I had bought new. It did, however, have over 225,000 miles.

Blow it out your ass. Gas cars, if they catch fire, do so because of a gas spill or a freak hose leak onto hot exhaust or a collision or some correctable issue usually, whereas EVs catch fire for no foreseeable or correctable reason, and burn hot and can't be put out and incinerate, like this Tesla who was being towed for a mere flat tire, caught on fire for no reason, then continued to burn for 16 hours reigniting despite firefighters repeatedly thinking they had put it out.

Brand new car, gets a flat tire warning. Takes a fire crew thousands of gallons of water and 16 hours later, the owner is left with this:

View attachment 817062View attachment 817063

What people don't realize with a battery that can charge enough to power a car 150-200 miles in just 10 minutes is that it still takes the same amount of energy as an EV battery that takes 4-8 hours to charge, you are simply dumping a much higher current into a battery that has far lower internal resistance--- ie, acts like a dead short with capacity. And a battery that can absorb so much energy in 10 minutes will be capable of RELEASING far more energy far more quickly as well, so you are in effect sitting on a ticking time bomb that could go off at any time, over a simple collision or some small internal defect.

And while the "quick fill" alleviates the obvious, immediate problem of an EV, you still can't find working charging stations hardly anywhere even in California, you are still left carrying energy produced elsewhere and storing it instead of producing it as you drive yourself directly like a gas car, and you are still left with the enormous cost of the cars, the environment impact of strip mining all of these precious metals using mostly slave labor in 3rd world countries and the massive expense of replacing the batteries ever 9-10 years.

Think about all the CO2 they saved. I feel cooler already.

A spark plug wire (misrouted) melting on hot metal and sparking a fire is one cause of older cars catching fire. Much reduced in newer cars. Almost to a non-issue.

I suppose EVs dont have the buildup of Oil on a hot engine to have the same risks? And no spark plugs lol! Just 48V? 100A currents traveling thru wire to the drive motor I would suspect. The Irony of an electric fire In a gas car <chuckling>

Last edited:
Out of how many vehicles? Around 265,000,000 vehicles.

The figure you are guessing about is much closer to 196,000 gas cars catching fire each year.

For some reason, hybrid cars have the worst record with regard to fires.

Decades ago, my gas car caught fire. Even then I was surprised at how much melted and was completely gone after the fire. The car was about six years old that I had bought new. It did, however, have over 225,000 miles.
First….My range is much more statistically accurate than a fictitious average or median due to natural variation.

Fire rates per 100,000 cars…it’s not even close. Hybrids are STILL gasoline propelled autos. They aren’t EVs
Regardless, the actual numbers are still important.

• Electric vehicles: 25 fires
  • Gas-powered cars: 1,530 fires
  • Hybrid cars: 3,475 fires
Not only that, even though fire rates for hybrids are higher, the are less for EVs and the injury rates are lower for both EVs and hybrids than gasoline powered cars.
It’s not even close when you consider DEATH rates either between EVs and gasoline powered cars.
Gasoline powered car motors aren’t call INTERNAL COMBUSTION engines engines for nothing.
While EVs depend on electro magnetism for motivations, ICE cars literally depend upon combustion. It’s not even close.

Hybrids ~ ~ aren’t EVs

Moron: Hybrids are EVs with a small gasoline boost engine to assist with acceleration so that the EV section deals more with constant current situations to extend mileage. I've been driving for 50 years and have yet to see a gas car catch fire, burn badly, for no good reason, much less be near impossible to put out.

"Superfast" Battery Offers 400 Km Driving Range From 10 Minutes Charge
A Chinese battery maker, which is a major supplier to Tesla, has launched what it claims is the first-ever "superfast charging" battery capable of delivering 400 kilometres of range from just a 10-minute charge.
China's Contemporary Amperex Technology Limited (CATL) unveiled its latest product, dubbed Shenxing or "god-like movement". According to The Independent, the company on Wednesday said that its new lithium-ion battery would open up a new era for electric cars as it aims to solve EVs' charging and range limitations.
On a full charge, the battery holds enough charge to travel over 700 km without needing to recharge. It is also able to refuel up to 400 km of range in 10 minutes, said Gao Han, chief technology officer of CATL's e-car division, as per TechCrunch.
According to the company, Shenxing is the "world's first 4C superfast charging LFP (lithium iron phosphate) battery" - a type of battery chemistry that Elon Musk's car company Tesla widely adapted in 2021 for its shorter-range cars.
Also Read | US Teen "Intentionally" Killed Boyfriend In Car Crash. Then Paid Tribute To Him Online
CATL explained that the increase in battery capacity and charge time was achieved through a "brand-new superconducting electrolyte formula" that results in improved conductivity. "The future of the EV battery technology must remain steadfastly anchored at the global technology frontier, as well as the economic benefits," said Dr Wu Kai, chief scientist at CATL, as per The Independent.
"As EV consumers shift from pioneering users to ordinary users, we should make advanced technology accessible for all and enable everyone to savour the fruits of innovation," he added.
CATL announced that mass production of the battery is expected to be underway by the end of 2023 and shipping to begin in 2024. The company did not reveal which automakers would be the first to receive the batteries. But as per the outlet, its customers include BMW, Honda, Tesla, Toyota, Volkswagen and Volvo, among others.

Remote : Sat, 19 Aug 2023 23:55:57 +0530
Local : 2023-08-19(Saturday) 20 : 25 : 57
Found via NicerApp WebOS

i once again would like to add that we gotta get Caterpillar to invent robotic/human-operated digging and soil-sorting machines so we can produce lithium-ion batteries ourselves..
Its communist chinese, and they are bigger liars than the global warming doomsday crowd

Better wait for confirmation before holding the parade

Last edited:
These advances will continue, but the climate change denialists, whose default setting is to hate electric vehicles, will continue to hold out. But as the past few years has shown, climate change keeps getting worse, while battery technology improves.

And the dinosaurs look up and shriek, stuck in tar and unable to move, promising to never change. They'll be largely extinct sometime in the future.
Few folks disagree that climate change happens. You're wrong about that. We deny that we, realistically, can do anything to reverse climate change, formerly called global warming., Change has been happening on our planet for what, a couple of billion years?

How is climate change getting "worse"? How is it better or worse?

I don't believe anyone hates electric vehicles. What we HATE, as with the Covid vaccine, is being FORCED into them. If they were feasible, would the government have to bribe and force people to by one?

A few decades ago a 6' flat-screen TV was $25,000. Today almost anyone can easily afford one. The government did not have to force one on me or pay me to buy one. Likewise for a cell phone, now a smartphone.

Your analogy about dinosaurs is just goofy. You know that, don't you?

Last edited:
Few folks disagree that climate change happens. You're wrong about that. We deny that we, there is anything, realistically, that we can do to reverse climate change, formerly called global warming., Change has been happening on our planet for what, a couple billion years?

I don't believe anyone hates electric vehicles. What we HATE, as with the Covid vaccine, is being FORCED into them. If they were feasible, would the government have to bribe and force people to by one?

A few decades ago a 6' flat screen TV was $25,000. Today almost anyone can easily afford one. Government did not have to force one on me or pay me to buy one. Likewise for a cell phone, now a smart phone.

Your analogy about dinasours is just goofy. You know that, don't you?
I could not have summed it up better

Moron: Hybrids are EVs with a small gasoline boost engine to assist with acceleration so that the EV section deals more with constant current situations to extend mileage. I've been driving for 50 years and have yet to see a gas car catch fire, burn badly, for no good reason, much less be near impossible to put out.
GAS ENGINES ARE NOT RANGE EXTENDERS IN THE NORMAL HYBRID. You’re illiterate in physics. . I have a hybrid . like ALL hybrids, the gas engine in ALL hybrids provides nearly equal to half of the total his power.
The gas engine is EQUAL to in power the normal gas engine in a basic ICE car. The electric motors ADD horse power and torque THEY DONT REPLACE the ice engine. You obviously know NOTHING about physics.

You are totally incorrect about hybrids. The electric motors provide power where gas engines are LEAST efficient….they don’t replace them bozo. They provide torque for acceleration and hills and become generators going done hill to replenish the battery….in steady rate highway travel at higher speeds, where gas engines are most efficient, they provide the majority of the power…..They aren’t RANGE EXTENDERS, unless it’s a plug in hybrid…

Hybrids increase mileage….they are NOT EVs illiterate.
BTW, just because you never had a fire is a pretty stupid way of addressing what really is happening. But I expected nothing less.

Few folks disagree that climate change happens.
That’s not what climate change is about. You’re mistaking it.
Its not about the change, it’s about the RATE OF CHANGE FASTER THAN MAN ON EARTH can adjust. It has never been a greater rate of change since man kind has inhabited the earth. FACT ! When that happens to any species and they can’t adapt fast enough, with out exception they have become extinct.
You're wrong about that. We deny that we, there is anything, realistically, that we can do to reverse climate change, formerly called global warming., Change has been happening on our planet for what, a couple billion years?

I don't believe anyone hates electric vehicles. What we HATE, as with the Covid vaccine, is being FORCED into them.
Unless you were in the service of public access employment like doctors and nurses, no one coreced you to get vaccinated
If they were feasible, would the government have to bribe and force people to by one?

A few decades ago a 6' flat screen TV was $25,000. Today almost anyone can easily afford one. Government did not have to force one on me or pay me to buy one. Likewise for a cell phone, now a smart phone.

Your analogy about dinasours is just goofy. You know that, don't you?
No one is forcing you to buy an EV. But, EVs will come regardless and they have a positive effect in climate change..
Its the govts job to incentivize ,activities for the public good.

And yet they keep on getting better.

If you say so. Must be why F1 has went to them.
Formula 1 race cars are hybrids. The difference is that they use the energy from braking to charge the battery. That is not practical in a regular car. The power from the battery is not used to extend their fuel economy but to increase horsepower for passing. It adds about 160 horsepower.

The first electric car was built around 1900. So, for 130 years we have been "improving" the electric car and the battery. Compared with hundreds or thousands of other things, we haven't gotten very far.

No one is forcing you to buy an EV. But, EVs will come regardless and they have a positive effect in climate change..
Its the govts job to incentivize ,activities for the public good.
True, according to wacko lib logic

When ICE cars are banned anyone who does not want to buy an EV is free to walk or ride a bicycle

Formula 1 race cars are hybrids. The difference is that they use the energy from braking to charge the battery.
You need to do some research , you are hilariously uninformed. Regenerative braking can recover up to 40% of the power expended while driving. Talk to the hybrid taxi cab drivers where they dominate in cities.
That is not practical in a regular car. The power from the battery is not used to extend their fuel economy but to increase horsepower for passing. It adds about 160 horsepower.

The first electric car was built around 1900. So, for 130 years we have been "improving" the electric car and the battery. Compared with hundreds or thousands of other things, we haven't gotten very far.

Forum List

Back