Superbowl Sunday

Frankeneinstein

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2016
Stealing fire from the heavens
Got tons of beer [becks of course] couple hundred hot wings coming [as well as a sunday furniture delivery around 9am] a TV in every room with the game on, company coming, and a healthy LV play on the line...played Atl +31/2 and NE straight up, I think NE wins but Atl covers small number [if it's a blowout victory then I think Atl will win]...anyone else care to chime in with their pick against the number? NE -3

If this needs to be moved to another forum I apologize to the mods up front and please feel free to assign it to the proper forum

Got tons of beer [becks of course] couple hundred hot wings coming [as well as a sunday furniture delivery around 9am] a TV in every room with the game on, company coming, and a healthy LV play on the line...played Atl +31/2 and NE straight up, I think NE wins but Atl covers small number [if it's a blowout victory then I think Atl will win]...anyone else care to chime in with their pick against the number? NE -3

If this needs to be moved to another forum I apologize to the mods up front and please feel free to assign it to the proper forum
Youre a bad gambler man.

Your instincts are against one another.

You think NE will win but think if its a blowout NE will lose. Think about that a lil while.

Youre a bad gambler man.

Your instincts are against one another.

You think NE will win but think if its a blowout NE will lose. Think about that a lil while.
No, my "instinct" is the game will be close so I am playing it that way, but if my "instinct" is wrong and it is a blow out it will be atlanta...but I am not playing it that way...I think NE has what it takes to win a nail biter game [1-3 points], and atl has what it takes to win a blowout game.NE's defensive game plan, or lack of one will be what decides which way this goes in terms of being close or a runaway.

Last edited:
If Atlanta plays press coverage and throws the Patriots off their routes then they win. If they play whatever defense it was that Pittsburgh played it is a Patriots blow out. I think that Atlanta has the personnel to man up with the relatively slow patriot receivers. Playing zone will be the end of the Falcons. Atlanta's offense is more then enough for the patriots.

Patriots are a great team, but the Falcons are the underdogs. They've only been to the Super Bowl once before and got their ass kicked by the Broncos. I hope they do better this time around.

If Atlanta plays press coverage and throws the Patriots off their routes then they win. If they play whatever defense it was that Pittsburgh played it is a Patriots blow out. I think that Atlanta has the personnel to man up with the relatively slow patriot receivers. Playing zone will be the end of the Falcons. Atlanta's offense is more then enough for the patriots.
Yeah, Brady and Belechik[sp] can pick a zone defense to pieces..but atlanta can hang with them on offense and still keep it close, thats why I see a close game, but if atlanta can mount or even just muster any type of defense I think they will win the blowout game

Unless a friend stops over to watch the game, I'm boycotting it. The NFL has taken a political stance and there is no reason for me to watch it. I could care less if every single player gets down on one knee.

Round four of the Phoenix open today. Shaping up to be a good match.

Haven't watched any of the big three pro sports since the baseball strike in the mid 90s. Add to that the high likelihood of leftist nonsense from commentators, players, advertisers, and lip syncing performers and you'll understand why I have little interest in the superbowl.

Besides, don't you need cable TV to watch this game? I stopped paying for that years ago.

That said, for those that still like the slowness of pro football and can put up with BLM activists masquerading as entertainment, I hope you enjoy the game.

Unless a friend stops over to watch the game, I'm boycotting it. The NFL has taken a political stance and there is no reason for me to watch it. I could care less if every single player gets down on one knee.
If I see any of that I'm out.

Trump is being interviewed by BilloReilly then, I may watch that instead.

Round four of the Phoenix open today. Shaping up to be a good match.

Haven't watched any of the big three pro sports since the baseball strike in the mid 90s. Add to that the high likelihood of leftist nonsense from commentators, players, advertisers, and lip syncing performers and you'll understand why I have little interest in the superbowl.

Besides, don't you need cable TV to watch this game? I stopped paying for that years ago.

That said, for those that still like the slowness of pro football and can put up with BLM activists masquerading as entertainment, I hope you enjoy the game.
I agree with almost all of that, I don't even like football as a sport, but when it comes with amenities such as party and beer I tend to jump in with both feet

I'm with you there. I have one friend who stops over half the time for the Super Bowl. The other half of the time he just goes to a bar, so I don't know what his plans are until he calls. I only see him a couple times a year, so I won't refuse to turn the game on. After all, I'm the friend with the 80" HD television, so anybody that wants to come over for the game is welcome.

I'm no sports fan, but I used to have a SB party years ago just to get everybody together. The problem is that like me, all my friends have jobs and can't stay for very long, so I gave that up. The problem is the NFL and diehard sports fans are against having the SB on Saturday instead of Sunday. They say it's tradition. But if they were not so hard-headed, they would draw a much larger audience on a Saturday--especially here on the east coast.

I'm with you there. I have one friend who stops over half the time for the Super Bowl. The other half of the time he just goes to a bar, so I don't know what his plans are until he calls. I only see him a couple times a year, so I won't refuse to turn the game on. After all, I'm the friend with the 80" HD television, so anybody that wants to come over for the game is welcome.

I'm no sports fan, but I used to have a SB party years ago just to get everybody together. The problem is that like me, all my friends have jobs and can't stay for very long, so I gave that up. The problem is the NFL and diehard sports fans are against having the SB on Saturday instead of Sunday. They say it's tradition. But if they were not so hard-headed, they would draw a much larger audience on a Saturday--especially here on the east coast.
You still in Cleveland? I have a sister who lives in either Parma or north Olmsted...forget which

You still in Cleveland? I have a sister who lives in either Parma or north Olmsted...forget which

Yeah, that's the west side. Parma is about 15 minutes from where I live on the east side. North Olmsted is about a half-hour from here by the airport.

They say lady Gaga is going to rant about trump at halftime

Right.....because we anxiously await her political brilliance. Plus I'm sure the NFL welcomes it.

But that's the other thing. Even if you didn't like football, the commercials were entertaining as was the half-time show. Last year every commercial sucked, and half-time reminded me of that old show Soul Train.

Maybe I'm just getting older or something. But at my age, there is only so much stripper music I can take.

Looking forward to a nice, quiet evening watching TV upstairs whole my wife watches the game downstairs. I haven't watched a Super Bowl in 25 years now. With the current state of my NFL rooting interest, it doesn't look like I'll be watching one any time soon either.

I don't think anyone in the entertainment industry is allowed to perform without reciting the days general orders...but who knows, maybe she'll decide to risk her career and say something intelligent.

I don't think anyone in the entertainment industry is allowed to perform without reciting the days general orders...but who knows, maybe she'll decide to risk her career and say something intelligent.

These twits and twats doing the halftime show are another reason I won't be watching. They're a waste of time and always seem to cause some unnecessary commotion. I don't care for the extended commercial breaks either. If I am watching it's for a football game, not some circus.

Forum List

Back