Super Tuesday: March 1, 2016

Lakhota

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2011
Native America
What is Super Tuesday?

Super Tuesday is the biggest day of the 2016 primary season, with 13 states and one territory participating: Alabama, Arkansas, Colorado, Georgia, Massachusetts, Minnesota, North Carolina, Oklahoma, Tennessee, Texas, Vermont, Virginia, Wyoming and American Samoa.

Super Tuesday 2016: What you need to know - CBS News

The above CBS News link contains much more good information about Super Tuesday.

Last edited:
Very informative.

Especially this section:

The Republican National Committee decided back in 2014 that all states holding their nominating contests before March 15 must award their delegates to the candidates proportionally, rather than on a winner-take-all basis.

So, who do we have on Super Tuesday? The most conservative states: Alabama, Arkansas, Georgia, North Carolina, Oklahoma, Tennessee, Texas, Wyoming.

All are forced to award their delegates proportionally by the RNC.

But the many of the more moderate states are winner take all.

Anyone who is supporting Cruz should understand, the fix is in folks. One of the many reasons I support Trump. The GOP gives you the illusion of choice, but the game is rigged to the advantage of the more moderate candidate. The RNC understands. They know that the opposition in the primary will come from a far right candidate, and they have stacked the deck to insure that candidate cannot win.

That is why there is panic right now in the halls of Republican power. Trump uses that built in structural advantage AGAINST the Establishment candidate. Trump is very popular in the more moderate states, as well as the more conservative states he is going to sweep on Super Tuesday.

Very informative.

Especially this section:

The Republican National Committee decided back in 2014 that all states holding their nominating contests before March 15 must award their delegates to the candidates proportionally, rather than on a winner-take-all basis.

So, who do we have on Super Tuesday? The most conservative states: Alabama, Arkansas, Georgia, North Carolina, Oklahoma, Tennessee, Texas, Wyoming.

Anyone who is supporting Cruz should understand, the fix is in folks. One of the many reasons I support Trump. The GOP gives you the illusion of choice, but the game is rigged to the advantage of the more moderate candidate. The RNC understands. They know that the opposition in the primary will come from a far right candidate, and they have stacked the deck to insure that candidate cannot win.

That is why there is panic right now in the halls of Republican power. Trump uses that built in structural advantage AGAINST the Establishment candidate. Trump is very popular in the more moderate states, as well as the more conservative states he is going to sweep on Super Tuesday.

Interesting observations. We'll have a better understanding after Super Tuesday. Will Trump end up running as an Independent or write-in candidate?

Very informative.

Especially this section:

Interesting observations. We'll have a better understanding after Super Tuesday. Will Trump end up running as an Independent or write-in candidate?

I'm pretty sure Trump is a 90% favorite in 8 out of 11 of the Super Tuesday primaries...so I assume you meant Romney, since he is currently on ZERO ballots, but claims he will jump into the race after Rubio fails.

Very informative.

Especially this section:

I'm pretty sure Trump is a 90% favorite in 8 out of 11 of the Super Tuesday primaries...so I assume you meant Romney, since he is currently on ZERO ballots, but claims he will jump into the race after Rubio fails.

No, I'm talking about Trump - not Romney. Considering Trump's massive ego, I suspect he's getting very nervous about Super Tuesday. He keeps hinting about a possible third party run - especially if he starts getting more negative heat from the RNC.

Very informative.

Especially this section:

No, I'm talking about Trump - not Romney. Considering Trump's massive ego, I suspect he's getting very nervous about Super Tuesday. He keeps hinting about a possible third party run - especially if he starts getting more negative heat from the RNC.

Please...try to be honest for 5 minutes.

2012, what was the RNC screaming? Long primary fights were going to cost us the election. Their guy was winning, so we all should get behind the eventual nominee.

Flash forward 2014. The RNC adopts new rules to SHORTEN the primary season, to further insure the advantage of the Establishment pick.

Flash forward again 2016. Trump has won more primaries already than Romney did in 2012. Remember, he lost Iowa AND South Carolina. He is set to SWEEP super Tuesday. only Cruz's position as Texas Senate is keeping him from taking it all. WHERE ARE THE CALLS TO GET BEHIND THE CANDIDATE that we heard in 2012?

If the RNC isn't consistant with it's position just one election ago, what does that tell you?

That the fix is in! When it was their candidate, they were all about getting behind the candidate and uniting instead of prolonging the primary battle.

Now that it is not, they are all about PROLONGING the primary battles, and NOT uniting behind the candidate.

Is that unfair? Damn skippy it is. But the Establishment Aristocracy has forgone all illusion of a democratically elected nominee.

Last edited:
I'll be voting for Carson tomorrow.

cow_eating_grass.gif

Very informative.

Especially this section:

Trump? I'm disappointed in you. You want the whole country to be like those people who bought into trump university?

Forum List

Back