Super bad news for Trump, Priebus begged FBI to quash Russian collaboration

This is from a liberal source, for liberals.

It is something you should think about before you go all in and put all your chips in the pot. There will be consequences for allying yourself with dark forces with which you cannot possibly control.

You guys don't know that you are playing with fire. Counting folks like "Bomb, bomb, bomb" McCain, and flimsy Lindsey among your allies? Seriously?

Are We Witnessing a Coup Operation Against the Trump White House?
Our intelligence apparatus is doing far more than stoking paranoia about the Russian bogeyman—it’s threatening democracy.
I have seen a few naked emperors in my day, but this one is positively obese (and wears a Speedo at the beach). This is a perception-management campaign quite similar to those mounted decades ago in Iran, Guatemala, and elsewhere. The media are thoroughly complicit, and the objective is perfectly plain but nowhere mentioned. We have an intelligence apparatus that has accreted autonomous power such that no president dares try to control it: This much lies beyond debate. Now we watch as it counters a president who proposes to scrub the single most important passage in the narrative of fear and animosity on which this apparatus depends.

You have two potential casualties here, readers. It is very dangerous to suffer either.

One, this looks like the most serious threat to (what remains of) American democracy since… since the Kennedy assassination, if you accept David Talbot’s case. It comes from the very people everyone from Pat Moynihan to Edward Snowden warned us about—those who abide in the culture of secrecy, the Deep State. Set aside all thought of “it can’t happen here.” At the very least you are watching the threat that it is going to happen.

You want to get Trump out of office? Good idea. Do the work. We all want to see your plan.

Two, if the spooks, the seething mainstream of the Democratic Party, and the neoconservative warmongers succeed in taking down Trump’s détente policy and who knows whom among its advocates, the already distorted role of intelligence agencies in the foreign-policy process will be further consolidated. More immediately, Americans will be condemned to live with Russophobic fear more or less indefinitely. I have only one question on this point, and maybe some (more) elderly fellow can answer it: Was the anti-Communist case that haunted the 1950s so impossibly flimsy as this? Hard to believe, given all the damage it did, but maybe we are about to learn something very awful.

It is something you should think about before you go all in and put all your chips in the pot. There will be consequences for allying yourself with dark forces with which you cannot possibly control.

You guys don't know that you are playing with fire. Counting folks like "Bomb, bomb, bomb" McCain, and flimsy Lindsey among your allies? Seriously?

Our intelligence apparatus is doing far more than stoking paranoia about the Russian bogeyman—it’s threatening democracy.
I have seen a few naked emperors in my day, but this one is positively obese (and wears a Speedo at the beach). This is a perception-management campaign quite similar to those mounted decades ago in Iran, Guatemala, and elsewhere. The media are thoroughly complicit, and the objective is perfectly plain but nowhere mentioned. We have an intelligence apparatus that has accreted autonomous power such that no president dares try to control it: This much lies beyond debate. Now we watch as it counters a president who proposes to scrub the single most important passage in the narrative of fear and animosity on which this apparatus depends.

You have two potential casualties here, readers. It is very dangerous to suffer either.

One, this looks like the most serious threat to (what remains of) American democracy since… since the Kennedy assassination, if you accept David Talbot’s case. It comes from the very people everyone from Pat Moynihan to Edward Snowden warned us about—those who abide in the culture of secrecy, the Deep State. Set aside all thought of “it can’t happen here.” At the very least you are watching the threat that it is going to happen.

You want to get Trump out of office? Good idea. Do the work. We all want to see your plan.

Two, if the spooks, the seething mainstream of the Democratic Party, and the neoconservative warmongers succeed in taking down Trump’s détente policy and who knows whom among its advocates, the already distorted role of intelligence agencies in the foreign-policy process will be further consolidated. More immediately, Americans will be condemned to live with Russophobic fear more or less indefinitely. I have only one question on this point, and maybe some (more) elderly fellow can answer it: Was the anti-Communist case that haunted the 1950s so impossibly flimsy as this? Hard to believe, given all the damage it did, but maybe we are about to learn something very awful.

reality biting ya, eh?

the four people at the WH who are authorized to call the FBI directly:

WH counsel
WH assistant counsel
POTUS
VEEP

look it up yourself pilgrim, or take a civics class after your MickyD's shift

You made the claim....show me proof.
Or not. LOL!

look it up...........would you care to place a bet..........as in you leave the board for a month when I'm proven correct, I leave if not?

deal?

Why would I try to prove your idiotic claim?
Either there is a law or there isn't.
Prove your claim...show the law.

Or don't. I'll continue to mock you.

"I'll continue to mock you"........oooooh, frightening!

the AG and assistant AG can also call, that makes six, my bad

The chief of staff is not allowed to call the FBI and meddle in an ongoing investigation, Priebus in it now and we'll be seeing others too as the investigation proceeds

FBI refused White House request to knock down recent Trump-Russia stories - CNNPolitics.com

I stand corrected

FBI refused White House request to knock down recent Trump-Russia stories - CNNPolitics.com

you should have taken my bet...........the AG and assistant AG can also call, that makes six

The chief of staff is not allowed to call the FBI and meddle in an ongoing investigation

I stand corrected

Pretty sure the Solicitor General gets to call them
Ouch, this is the most egregious felony yet.......only 4 Executive Branch members can call the FBI directly, and Chief of Staff ain't one of them Reincey, you freak........

White House adviser asked FBI to dispute Russia reports

....this really ain't good.......

"The White House is simply not permitted to pressure the FBI to make public statements about a pending investigation of the president and his advisers," said Michigan Rep. John Conyers, the top Democrat on the House Judiciary Committee.

.......only 4 Executive Branch members can call the FBI directly,

That sounds like an interesting law. Link?

the four people at the WH who are authorized to call the FBI directly:

WH counsel
WH assistant counsel
POTUS
VEEP

look it up yourself pilgrim, or take a civics class after your MickyD's shift

You made the claim....show me proof.
Or not. LOL!

you should have taken my bet..........the AG and assistant AG can also call, that makes six

You found the law that says 6 people can call?

Excellent!

Link?

reality biting ya, eh?
The stupidity? Nope, not my concern.

horse-to-water-296x197.jpg

found a link...........I was off by two........the AG and assistant AG, that makes six

the Chief Of Staff is not among them, there were leaked tapes with Priebus requesting the investigation be, shall we say 'hindered' or 'obstructed'..........?

That link doesn't mention the law.........try again?

read it again

I did. No law mentioned.
Tell you what, copy and paste the law in the article.....and I'll get stronger glasses.

found a link...........I was off by two........the AG and assistant AG, that makes six

the Chief Of Staff is not among them, there were leaked tapes with Priebus requesting the investigation be, shall we say 'hindered' or 'obstructed'..........?

read it again

I did. No law mentioned.
Tell you what, copy and paste the law in the article.....and I'll get stronger glasses.

"Initial communications between the [Justice] Department and the White House concerning pending or contemplated criminal investigations or cases will involve only the Attorney General or the Deputy Attorney General, from the side of the Department, and the Counsel to the President, the Principal Deputy Counsel to the President, the President, or the Vice President from the side of the White House," reads the 2009 memo.
The memos say the communication should only happen when it is important for the President's duties and where appropriate from a law enforcement perspective.
A Department of Justice spokesman said Attorney General Jeff Sessions is reviewing the memos and that "the Department is following the guidelines in its communications with the White House."

The effort to refute the CNN and New York Times stories came as increasing numbers of congressional members were voicing concern about Russia's efforts to influence individuals with ties to Trump.

read it again

I did. No law mentioned.

"Initial communications between the [Justice] Department and the White House concerning pending or contemplated criminal investigations or cases will involve only the Attorney General or the Deputy Attorney General, from the side of the Department, and the Counsel to the President, the Principal Deputy Counsel to the President, the President, or the Vice President from the side of the White House," reads the 2009 memo.
The memos say the communication should only happen when it is important for the President's duties and where appropriate from a law enforcement perspective.
A Department of Justice spokesman said Attorney General Jeff Sessions is reviewing the memos and that "the Department is following the guidelines in its communications with the White House."

The effort to refute the CNN and New York Times stories came as increasing numbers of congressional members were voicing concern about Russia's efforts to influence individuals with ties to Trump.

Thanks!!

It's now clear that if Priebus communicated about an investigation, he broke the ........... memo.

Thanks for clearing that up.

Ouch, this is the most egregious felony yet.......only 4 Executive Branch members can call the FBI directly, and Chief of Staff ain't one of them Reincey, you freak........

"The White House is simply not permitted to pressure the FBI to make public statements about a pending investigation of the president and his advisers," said Michigan Rep. John Conyers, the top Democrat on the House Judiciary Committee.

He asked the FBI to set the record straight you lying faggot.

read it again

I did. No law mentioned.

Thanks!!

It's now clear that if Priebus communicated about an investigation, he broke the ........... memo.

Did anyone have a problem when Obamas state department pressured the FBI and interfered on the at the time ongoing Clinton investigation?

State Department official 'pressured' FBI to declassify Clinton email: FBI documents

He asked the FBI to set the record straight you lying faggot.

yeah, set it like he wanted it, which wasn't straight

run along bot

read it again

I did. No law mentioned.

Thanks!!

your new AG doesn't agree with your tripe slugger........oh and nice reading comprehension

how about you email Sessions and fill him in lol

from above:

read it again

I did. No law mentioned.

Thanks!!

your new AG doesn't agree with your tripe slugger........oh and nice reading comprehension

from above:

Memos....guidelines....glad we're off that claim about a law.

I guess if those tapes on hand don't reveal Priebus' was begging for help, it's all good for the teabaggers

if not, they've screwed the pooch yet again

read it again

I did. No law mentioned.

Thanks!!

from above:

guidelines laid out by AG's are law within their Office numbskull

wow

I did. No law mentioned.

Thanks!!

from above:

wow

So no laws involved.

Thanks!!

from above:

wow

So no laws involved.

Nope, only mandatory and punishable internal dept guidelines

you're an extremely slow learner

Forum List

Back