Bin Laden raid architect McRaven says Trump media attack threatens democracy

JohnnyApplesack

Gold Member
Feb 8, 2011
notice the true military field grade officers are horrified by the orange manbaby....except retired has-beens on the asshole's payroll of course......

Source: Yahoo News

The retired admiral who designed and oversaw the raid that killed Osama bin Laden says President Trump’s superheated charge that the mainstream news media is the “enemy of the American people” is not just wrong, but also could pose a dire threat to American democracy.

“The president said the news media is the enemy of the American people,” William McRaven said Tuesday. “This sentiment may be the greatest threat to democracy in my lifetime.”

With all due respect to his military service, why the fuck do I care about his opinion regarding the vile Press?

On one hand, the press has always considered itself above reproach, and that is dangerous as well. It should not be, and it deserves to be examined, challenged and criticized just like any other American institution.

On the other hand, Trump's characteristic need to maul people with over-the-top hyperbole does little to advance a serious, sober conversation. On this topic, or any other.

Neither side of this issue is being terribly helpful.

Last edited:
PPTxDNi.gif

On one hand, the press has always considered itself above reproach, and that is dangerous as well. It should not be, and it deserves to be examined, challenged and criticized just like any other American institution.

On the other hand, Trump's characteristic need to maul people with over-the-top hyperbole does little to advance a serious, sober conversation.

on the other hand, more reasonable nuance approaches, like yours for example, have been complete failures.

We don't live in a civilized society where rational formal debate matters. We live in a decadent culture, where civility is seen as weakness.

notice the true military field grade officers are horrified by the orange manbaby....except retired has-beens on the asshole's payroll of course......

The retired admiral who designed and oversaw the raid that killed Osama bin Laden says President Trump’s superheated charge that the mainstream news media is the “enemy of the American people” is not just wrong, but also could pose a dire threat to American democracy.

“The president said the news media is the enemy of the American people,” William McRaven said Tuesday. “This sentiment may be the greatest threat to democracy in my lifetime.”

trump speaks without DUE consideration-----I am optimistic that he will
IMPROVE

On the other hand, Trump's characteristic need to maul people with over-the-top hyperbole does little to advance a serious, sober conversation.

on the other hand, more reasonable nuance approaches, like yours for example, have been complete failures.

We don't live in a civilized society where rational formal debate matters. We live in a decadent culture, where civility is seen as weakness.
... and we're moving more in that direction every day.

ok-----then Trump should have explained that thought-----thoughtfully

With all due respect to his military service, why the fuck do I care about his opinion regarding the vile Press?

what the fuck does McRaven care about a right wing asshole posting shit on this board?

wth?

I assume he doesn't.

You posted his opinion on this site as though it matters. I'm asking you why.

why do yours, or don't they?

My opinions stand or fall based on their merits and/or how well I can defend them.

You posted this guys opinion as though we are supposed to defer to them or at least give them credibility because of his military service.

That does not make any sense.

If he has an opinion on how to conduct a military raid in Pakistan, I will certainly give THAT opinion of his much weight.

... and we're moving more in that direction every day.

THe nose of the plane is pointed at the stone plain, and the afterburners are ON!

lol!! He should have respectfully explained how respectful, discussion doesn't work?

You seem to be having some trouble grasping the implications.

lol!! He should have respectfully explained how respectful, discussion doesn't work?

I am not having trouble-------I am fully aware of the fact that our Trumpie----
suffers from hoof in mouth disease

I am not having trouble-------I am fully aware of the fact that our Trumpie----
suffers from hoof in mouth disease

Nope. The Right suffers from the misconception that this we live in a society were talking quietly and respectfully will get you anything.

All it really gets you in today's society is shouted down and ignored.

Trump is the CURE.

So you think a person who designed a plan to deliberately end another human being's life, liberty, and pursuit of happiness has credibility discussing freedom of the press?

what the fuck does McRaven care about a right wing asshole posting shit on this board?

wth?

I assume he doesn't.

You posted his opinion on this site as though it matters. I'm asking you why.

why do yours, or don't they?

My opinions stand or fall based on their merits and/or how well I can defend them.

You posted this guys opinion as though we are supposed to defer to them or at least give them credibility because of his military service.

That does not make any sense.

If he has an opinion on how to conduct a military raid in Pakistan, I will certainly give THAT opinion of his much weight.

The man is an American hero, you dweeb, I find his opinion to be a very important one..

Looks like you find those sweet blondes on Fox News important , what a dog.

Cant' remember...

DId I yawn the first time you posted this?

So you think a person who designed a plan to deliberately end another human being's life, liberty, and pursuit of happiness has credibility discussing freedom of the press?

Your next Fox news broadcaster..Why do we have women like this on the Fox news , so dumb shits don't pay attention..

images

Forum List

Back