Suns fire coach Williams, Chris Paul is next.

MarathonMike

Diamond Member
Dec 30, 2014
The Southwestern Desert
Now that Williams is gone, Paul is probably gone too. Only part of CP3's contract next year is guaranteed. He's a great player but he disappears in the playoffs like clockwork and next year he will be near 40 years old. He really ought to just call it a career and make way for the guard that can take the Suns to Finals. I'd love to see them get Tyrese Maxey from the Sixers but I don't think they'll let him go.

Now that Williams is gone, Paul is probably gone too. Only part of CP3's contract next year is guaranteed. He's a great player but he disappears in the playoffs like clockwork and next year he will be near 40 years old. He really ought to just call it a career and make way for the guard that can take the Suns to Finals. I'd love to see them get Tyrese Maxey from the Sixers but I don't think they'll let him go.

Hard to believe again, the NBA is so fickle and will dismiss a winning coach in a hot minute! I guess since they pay so much, they feel they can treat these people like they aren't human beings! It's getting harder & harder to watch professional sports because of "the money!" It's never enough I guess! :rolleyes: :omg::):heehee::(

• Banned
Hard to believe again, the NBA is so fickle and will dismiss a winning coach in a hot minute! I guess since they pay so much, they feel they can treat these people like they aren't human beings! It's getting harder & harder to watch professional sports because of "the money!" It's never enough I guess! :rolleyes: :omg::):heehee::(
From what I've read it was more about the new Suns owner wanting to install "his" head coach. And he was going to fire Williams unless he made it to the Finals. Monte Williams is a great coach and will be snapped up quickly. He may even be the new Sixers coach as Doc Rivers is likely to be axed.

I heard he's one of those guys who's cool to some players but not everyone. I've worked for guys like that. You can't win with a leader like that. You have to be everyone's coach.

Chuck Daily and Phil Jackson were good because they could coach Dennis Rodman.

“Deandre Ayton got Monty Williams fired,” Smith repeated as ESPN NBA analyst Jalen Rose was nodding his head in approval while Smith said that.​

When asked after the game why Ayton only played 17 minutes, Williams said, “It’s internal.”

• Banned
I heard he's one of those guys who's cool to some players but not everyone. I've worked for guys like that. You can't win with a leader like that. You have to be everyone's coach.

Chuck Daily and Phil Jackson were good because they could coach Dennis Rodman.

“Deandre Ayton got Monty Williams fired,” Smith repeated as ESPN NBA analyst Jalen Rose was nodding his head in approval while Smith said that.​

When asked after the game why Ayton only played 17 minutes, Williams said, “It’s internal.”
Yeah I don't know about that. The new owner was itching to put his stamp on the Suns by naming his coach. The Suns needed to go real deep in the playoffs or Williams was done. And for us Suns fans, Ayton is frustrating. He's a headcase who can give you 20 pts and 20 boards one night and disappear the next night. He was benched against the Nuggets because his head wasn't in the game.

Forum List

Back