Sunni thinks his wife is property

I agree that American women generally are pretty darn independent and most don't want a man to take care of them. Those who want a permanent relationship usually want one with a soul mate and each sees the other as an equal.

You and/or others might see the Christian teaching of the man being head of the household as being oppressive. In my household, however, that is the way we believe and do it, and believe me, I am in no sense oppressed or subserviant or disadvantaged in any way because of it. The reason is better discussed on a separate thread on that topic, but let's just say that Mr. Foxfyre and I probably have a different perspective on that than how many might see it or describe it.

So the language, metaphors, mindset in a Muslim household might not be anything like what you or I might see from the outside. And this is why I don't wish to condemn it as long as Mr. & Mrs. Sunni are happy with their faith, their marriage, and their household.
As a non-religious person (at best and on better days, I find myself sort of believing there is a god), I am all for anyone following the religion of their choice.

I am not for any religion wanting to legislate their views.

That goes for fundy Christians, fundy Jews, and certainly fundy Muslims. It is no secret that Sunni wants the west to adopt Sharia.

So, I expose his (and others') oppressive views as much as I can.

Please don't interpret my remarks that I am in any sense a fundamentalist Christian. I am anything but. I get into a lot of trouble with fundamentalist Christians. :)

Most Jewish people in America are not fundamentalist just as most Roman Catholics don't follow the strictest disciplines of their faith. But those who do are not necessarily oppressed. They do it voluntarily, out of deep conviction, and it makes them happy to do so.

But Sharia law is another can of worms entirely. What a Muslim family voluntarily practices in the sanctity of their home or within their own relationship is okay with me. But make any move to force any part of the rest of society to comply with that? Nope. Won't happen without me making a huge stink out of that because that would undermine the very foundations this nation was built on.
I don't think you're a fundy at all.

Try running around in Saudi Arabia or Iran in short shorts, bare arms with low cleavage and no head dress, by yourself and see how far that gets you. You are able to do this in most European countries as well as America.
You would be raped and killed or sold into slavery after being raped, if you are attractive enough.
It's a whole different society over there.
Yes, be happy that we live in America and have many freedoms compared to the rest of some areas in the world.

Try running around in Saudi Arabia or Iran in short shorts, bare arms with low cleavage and no head dress, by yourself and see how far that gets you. You are able to do this in most European countries as well as America.
You would be raped and killed or sold into slavery after being raped, if you are attractive enough.
Yes, be happy that we live in America and have many freedoms compared to the rest of some areas in the world.

I'm pretty sure that if Sunni wanted to live like that, he'd be there.

muslims treat women like shit... sunni is a muslim... is there anything else we need to know?

Well... maybe sunni could relate to us the last time he beat his wife because she didn't put out. I mean hey, the koran tells him it's OK to do that, and he IS a "good muslim."

Last edited:
And remember, if a woman doesn't like being owned, her husband is pussy-whipped.

Right, Sunni?

Why are you asking me?

You're the one that's PW not me.

Go ask your wife she will tell you what to think. :cool:
I treat my wife like a human being, not cattle.

I know, Islam frowns on that. Maybe if you could set your calendar forward 14 centuries or so, you wouldn't be so backward.

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
I have disagreed with Sunni on a number of issues, including economical, social, political, and religious beliefs. And at times I have been cautious as to whether to take him seriously or not to take the bait I think he sometimes puts out there just to stir up a hornet's nest.

But I can't jump on board here condemning him for language that is consistent with his religion. If we believe in religious tolerance we have to extend it to everybody so long as those practicing it do so strictly voluntarily, knowingly, and without reservation. Some take exception to the Christian teaching that the husband is supposed to be the head of the household.

It certainly would not happen in my household, but in my opinion, if Sunni's wife does not object to being described as a most precious possession, then that is his and her business. In this country she is free to walk away from that situation any time she chooses. Now if he would attempt to forcibly prevent her from doing that or punish her for doing that, then he and I would have serious problems.
All true, until you look at his "America is Already Sharia Compliant" thread.

He wants every woman to be treated as property.

I'm pretty sure that if Sunni wanted to live like that, he'd be there.

He wants it, but he doesn't want to move. He wants the rest of us to adopt his barbaric ways -- voluntarily or otherwise.

I have disagreed with Sunni on a number of issues, including economical, social, political, and religious beliefs. And at times I have been cautious as to whether to take him seriously or not to take the bait I think he sometimes puts out there just to stir up a hornet's nest.

But I can't jump on board here condemning him for language that is consistent with his religion. If we believe in religious tolerance we have to extend it to everybody so long as those practicing it do so strictly voluntarily, knowingly, and without reservation. Some take exception to the Christian teaching that the husband is supposed to be the head of the household.

It certainly would not happen in my household, but in my opinion, if Sunni's wife does not object to being described as a most precious possession, then that is his and her business. In this country she is free to walk away from that situation any time she chooses. Now if he would attempt to forcibly prevent her from doing that or punish her for doing that, then he and I would have serious problems.

And I want everyone to have the blessings of a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.

But in America I can say what I want and believe what I want. I just don't have the power or authority to get my way when others don't want what I want.

He can say what he wants and believe what he wants, but he doesn't have the power or authority to get his way when others don't want what he wants.

It's truly a great thing that our Founders gave us a Constitution in which we are free to think or believe whatever we want, but we can't require anybody else to believe or think or want the same thing.

And I want everyone to have the blessings of a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.

But in America I can say what I want and believe what I want. I just don't have the power or authority to get my way when others don't want what I want.

He can say what he wants and believe what he wants, but he doesn't have the power or authority to get his way when others don't want what he wants.

It's truly a great thing that our Founders gave us a Constitution in which we are free to think or believe whatever we want, but we can't require anybody else to believe or think or want the same thing.
Nope. He wants it "codif[ied] ... into our judicial system".

America is basically compliant with the ideals of sharia law.

The next step is to codify those laws into our judicial system.

I wonder if catzmeow knows sunni admitted he would be first in line to stone someone to death.

But he can't have what he wants without a Constitutional Amendment so what he wants is essentially moot. That is unless he can make an argument to convince the majority of Congress, the President, and the electorate that we wish to make women property of men. Seriously, how many Americans would vote for that do you think?

But he can't have what he wants without a Constitutional Amendment so what he wants is essentially moot. That is unless he can make an argument to convince the majority of Congress, the President, and the electorate that we wish to make women property of men. Seriously, how many Americans would vote for that do you think?
Well, the UK thought a lot couldn't be done, either. And look where they are.

Face it Foxy, he is in a very different spot than where you are and he is in the same spot as many of his brethren.

I get that. YOU get that.

But Sunni doesn't.

Well, the UK thought a lot couldn't be done, either. And look where they are.

Face it Foxy, he is in a very different spot than where you are and he is in the same spot as many of his brethren.

The U.K. has never written a concept of unalienable rights into the foundation of its government. The USA has. The only nation in the history of the world that has actually. And that is why anybody can be as mean spirited or screwed up or dingbat or dictatorial or racist or sexist or fanatical as they want and not make a whits bit of difference to anybody except the people he is around that allow him to make them miserable. And if he violates the rights of any other, then we have laws to deal with him.

There is no evidence he is violating anything with Mrs. Sunni. If she is happy with the arrangement and stays in the marriage by her own choice, it would be a violation of her rights to insist she do it any differently.

But Sunni doesn't.

But the point is, it is his unalienable right to not get it. If we want others to allow us our right to be unreasonable or difficult or whatever, short of breaking the law, we have to allow others to also be unreasonable or difficult or whatever. Even offensive.

But Sunni doesn't.

But the point is, it is his unalienable right to not get it. If we want others to allow us our right to be unreasonable or difficult or whatever, short of breaking the law, we have to allow others to also be unreasonable or difficult or whatever. Even offensive.
Indeed. And it is my right to tell him if he attempts to force his backward barbaric bullshit on my and my family, he'll be one dead backward barbaric bastard.

:beer:

i get that. You get that.

But sunni doesn't.

but the point is, it is his unalienable right to not get it. If we want others to allow us our right to be unreasonable or difficult or whatever, short of breaking the law, we have to allow others to also be unreasonable or difficult or whatever. Even offensive.

indeed. And it is my right to tell him if he attempts to force his backward barbaric bullshit on me and my family, he'll be one dead backward barbaric bastard.

qft!!!

Whenever and wherever.

But Sunni doesn't.

Indeed. And it is my right to tell him if he attempts to force his backward barbaric bullshit on my and my family, he'll be one dead backward barbaric bastard.

:) I'm with you there my friend. I will allow anybody their quirks and foibles so long as all involved are involved voluntarily and nobody is being injured. But I will take strong exception to anyone who attempts to force or coerce me to do anything.

Sunni has every right to petition his government for implementation of Sharia Law. His government has every right--indeed every obligation--to refuse his request as it would violate the very basis of our Constitution.

And at such time as there are more who want Sharia Law than there are those with the initiative and backbone to resist it, it becomes law. And the USA as the Founders created and envisioned it will be done.

Forum List

Back