Sunni thinks his wife is property

He's an anti-semite who believes that Jews should be rounded up from around the world and made to live on an island somewhere.... for their own protection. He wants Shariah law to be the law of the land in the USA. And he treats women as property.

Yea, he's a real sweetie. If you like anti-semitic, misogynistic, unAmerican little shits.

Sunni's wife, if you'd ever taken the time to ask, is highly educated. I think she's a physician who currently practices medicine. I doubt she'd hold to him treating her like a possession. I suspect she'd slit his throat. She's from Africa, and homey don't play that shit.

I'm sure that Sunni would like to see Shariah law instituted in the U.S., no moreso than many fundamentalist Christians would like to see the Bible be the law of the U.S. Neither of these groups are likely to get their way, anytime soon, for which I'm thankful.

I've known Sunni for years, on a couple of different boards. I've ridden his ass hard on a variety of subjects, but I wouldn't call him an America-hater. Nor is he truly misogynistic. He talks a good game, but like many men who talk a good game, I suspect that his wife is fairly forceful in person.

Sunni's always liked me, I think that's because he secretly enjoys strong women with opinions who will stand up to him.

LOL, you are gullible! :eek: I can get you the golden gate bridge for a good price! $10K, but I will need it in cash and no need for a contract! :lol:

Just like this fool fought in Vietnam! That is utter bullshit also!

Last edited:
Code:
Most women are looking for a man who will sweep them off their feet.

Respect them and value their opinions.

Protect them and provide comfort for them in times of need.

And realize that the key to a woman's heart is through her intellect not her physical attractions.

But when it's all said and done; a true man will be the one to make the final decision on many issues.

Because secretly all women like a take charge type of Man.

It's just the natural way that women and men are programed by nature. :cool:
That's what all women want, eh?

:lol:
Read the first word of my post.

It says "most" not "all"

Because I'm not including the radical feminist or the lesbians in our society. :doubt:

I am familiar with his initial quote, I read the thread. But I also have enough context about Sunni to not rush to judgement about him simply because he's a muslim male.

I've often felt that my children are the most precious thing in my life, and have accidentally slipped to say that they are the most precious possession I own. Do you think that I think they are property? Sometimes, it is difficult to convey such sentiments in words without sounding like you are objectifying someone.

Si isn't judging him for being a 'Muslim male', she judges him on his attitude towards women.... and Jews. However, if you prefer to kowtow to those people, rather than to stand up for what is right, if you are so afraid of being labelled anti-Muslim that you'll support anti-semitism, that's your right. Makes you an ass though.
Pretty much.

I'm surprised it's not posting in blue.

Oh, dear God! No!!

Code:

And realize that the key to a woman's heart is through her intellect not her physical attractions.

But when it's all said and done; a true man will be the one to make the final decision on many issues.

That's what all women want, eh?

Read the first word of my post.

It says "most" not "all"

Because I'm not including the radical feminist or the lesbians in our society. :doubt:
No, you said "all women like a take charge type of Man". It's bolded in case you forgot.

Funny, you capitalize 'Man' and not 'woman'.

:thup:

Si isn't judging him for being a 'Muslim male', she judges him on his attitude towards women.... and Jews. However, if you prefer to kowtow to those people, rather than to stand up for what is right, if you are so afraid of being labelled anti-Muslim that you'll support anti-semitism, that's your right. Makes you an ass though.
Pretty much.

I'm surprised it's not posting in blue.

Oh, dear God! No!!
Fuck you!

Blue Antigua...aaaaaargh!

And remember, if a woman doesn't like being owned, her husband is pussy-whipped.

Right, Sunni?

Why are you asking me?

You're the one that's PW not me.

Go ask your wife she will tell you what to think. :cool:
In the other thread from where I got your quotes in the OP, if a woman doesn't accept being her husband's property then the husband is pussy whipped, according to you.

You know, it's good to get to know you, Sunni. :thup:

So I take it your wife falls into the minority group where the bolded stuff doesn't matter! :lol:

Outlaw Bikers call their old ladies property, so it's not just Muslims.
In some social circles around the world it is a form of protection from other men. It means, she is mine,keep your hands off of her and treat her with respect.

I have disagreed with Sunni on a number of issues, including economical, social, political, and religious beliefs. And at times I have been cautious as to whether to take him seriously or not to take the bait I think he sometimes puts out there just to stir up a hornet's nest.

But I can't jump on board here condemning him for language that is consistent with his religion. If we believe in religious tolerance we have to extend it to everybody so long as those practicing it do so strictly voluntarily, knowingly, and without reservation. Some take exception to the Christian teaching that the husband is supposed to be the head of the household.

It certainly would not happen in my household, but in my opinion, if Sunni's wife does not object to being described as a most precious possession, then that is his and her business. In this country she is free to walk away from that situation any time she chooses. Now if he would attempt to forcibly prevent her from doing that or punish her for doing that, then he and I would have serious problems.

Sunni's wife is property! :lol:

Attachments

• $Inflate W.jpg
    $Inflate W.jpg
    1.8 KB · Views: 130
I have disagreed with Sunni on a number of issues, including economical, social, political, and religious beliefs. And at times I have been cautious as to whether to take him seriously or not to take the bait I think he sometimes puts out there just to stir up a hornet's nest.

But I can't jump on board here condemning him for language that is consistent with his religion. If we believe in religious tolerance we have to extend it to everybody so long as those practicing it do so strictly voluntarily, knowingly, and without reservation. Some take exception to the Christian teaching that the husband is supposed to be the head of the household.

It certainly would not happen in my household, but in my opinion, if Sunni's wife does not object to being described as a most precious possession, then that is his and her business. In this country she is free to walk away from that situation any time she chooses. Now if he would attempt to forcibly prevent her from doing that or punish her for doing that, then he and I would have serious problems.
Well, most of the mainstream religions are oppressive to women.

And, even though this country is mostly Christians and Jews, most of us don't subscribe to practicing or believing that oppression. Some of the fundies, do, but certainly not the majority.

Most Americans are wise enough to know that our Constitution protects us from such fundy views and most Americans agree with that.

Even my great grandmother was never considered chattel by anyone. It's dated...very.

And, even though this country is mostly Christians and Jews, most of us don't subscribe to practicing or believing that oppression. Some of the fundies, do, but certainly not the majority.

Most Americans are wise enough to know that our Constitution protects us from such fundy views and most Americans agree with that.

Even my great grandmother was never considered chattel by anyone. It's dated...very.

How is Christianity oppressive to women (Yes anyone who wants to attack Judaism know Orthodox Judaism is oppressive)!

How is Christianity oppressive to women (Yes anyone who wants to attack Judaism know Orthodox Judaism is oppressive)!
Not being the good Christian that some in this thread assume I am, I have no idea. I'm going with what Foxy wrote (bolded), because I think she is a practicing Christian. I'm not so I am believing her.

I agree that American women generally are pretty darn independent and most don't want a man to take care of them. Those who want a permanent relationship usually want one with a soul mate and each sees the other as an equal.

You and/or others might see the Christian teaching of the man being head of the household as being oppressive. In my household, however, that is the way we believe and do it, and believe me, I am in no sense oppressed or subserviant or disadvantaged in any way because of it. The reason is better discussed on a separate thread on that topic, but let's just say that Mr. Foxfyre and I probably have a different perspective on that than how many might see it or describe it.

So the language, metaphors, mindset in a Muslim household might not be anything like what you or I might see from the outside. And this is why I don't wish to condemn it as long as Mr. & Mrs. Sunni are happy with their faith, their marriage, and their household.

I agree that American women generally are pretty darn independent and most don't want a man to take care of them. Those who want a permanent relationship usually want one with a soul mate and each sees the other as an equal.

You and/or others might see the Christian teaching of the man being head of the household as being oppressive. In my household, however, that is the way we believe and do it, and believe me, I am in no sense oppressed or subserviant or disadvantaged in any way because of it. The reason is better discussed on a separate thread on that topic, but let's just say that Mr. Foxfyre and I probably have a different perspective on that than how many might see it or describe it.

So the language, metaphors, mindset in a Muslim household might not be anything like what you or I might see from the outside. And this is why I don't wish to condemn it as long as Mr. & Mrs. Sunni are happy with their faith, their marriage, and their household.
As a non-religious person (at best and on better days, I find myself sort of believing there is a god), I am all for anyone following the religion of their choice.

I am not for any religion wanting to legislate their views.

That goes for fundy Christians, fundy Jews, and certainly fundy Muslims. It is no secret that Sunni wants the west to adopt Sharia.

So, I expose his (and others') oppressive views as much as I can.

....And this is why I don't wish to condemn it as long as Mr. & Mrs. Sunni are happy with their faith, their marriage, and their household.

Here you've hit upon the truly important thing.... So long as neither party was forced into the deal and they are both accepting of the terms of the relationship, whose place is it to say anything otherwise?

My roommates are a married couple. He's the most pussy-whipped, cowardly, POS I've ever met that calls himself "male". Their relationship is disgusting in my mind, but it's not MY PLACE to say that. Just as it is not their place to tell me that they don't like the fact that I seek a much more traditional style of relationship. Oh, and YES we have had more than a couple of "discussions" on that matter over the years.

I always found Hasidic Orthadox Judaism equally opressive. Yes, the men appear to have more outside authority, but that is countered by the fact that the men's dress code is more restrictive than womens, and the required religous tasks in a given day are far more involved for men then for women.

As a non-religious person (at best and on better days, I find myself sort of believing there is a god), I am all for anyone following the religion of their choice.

I am not for any religion wanting to legislate their views.

That goes for fundy Christians, fundy Jews, and certainly fundy Muslims. It is no secret that Sunni wants the west to adopt Sharia.

So, I expose his (and others') oppressive views as much as I can.

Please don't interpret my remarks that I am in any sense a fundamentalist Christian. I am anything but. I get into a lot of trouble with fundamentalist Christians. :)

Most Jewish people in America are not fundamentalist just as most Roman Catholics don't follow the strictest disciplines of their faith. But those who do are not necessarily oppressed. They do it voluntarily, out of deep conviction, and it makes them happy to do so.

But Sharia law is another can of worms entirely. What a Muslim family voluntarily practices in the sanctity of their home or within their own relationship is okay with me. But make any move to force any part of the rest of society to comply with that? Nope. Won't happen without me making a huge stink out of that because that would undermine the very foundations this nation was built on.

I like my guy because he expects me to act like an adult and handle my business. I'd be quite offended if he stepped in and took charge of me and my affairs, and he'd feel like I sucked hard at life if he had to.

He's in Japan right now, cleaning up after the tsunami, on tdy for the Navy. While he's been gone, I've been in charge of making sure that the work that he's contracted for his house has happened. Significant others of military guys can't be clingy delicate little flowers who need a man to act on their behalf. I wouldn't survive his regular absences if I were.

So, I reject your paradigm. But, if your paradigm works for and is shared by your wife, she's entitled to make that choice, without hearing shit about it from outsiders.

Forum List

Back