Sunni thinks his wife is property

I don't know about that,but I know he would reach for nice pointy rocks if the "holy" man proclaimed you a slut and you were to be stoned to death.

Sunni and I have had that conversation. I know how he feels about about shariah law. I totally disagree with him on that subject.

But, I will say that I don't think Sunni would stone me (or even that he disrespects me), in spite of the fact that I'm not married and I've been in a committed relationship for 3 years. I know, in fact, that he's happy that it is very likely that I will get married in the next 6 months, and has congratulated me on that.

I think it's like this. As Foxfire said, she wants everyone to accept Jesus, but she probably has people in her life that aren't Christians, don't believe in Jesus, but who she likes and respects. In fact, most people do.

I could never be muslim, and there are many things about the beliefs that I disagree with. But, I have friends who are muslim, and I like and respect them. They've always treated me with respect, in spite of the fact that I am openly heathen (non-religious).

Trust me, if Sunni were as rigid as you seem to think he is, we would not be friends, because I'm a naughty, naughty girl who shows her legs on the internet. So, there is the ideals that Sunni espouses, which he I think realistically knows will never occur. And then, there is the actual Sunni who is in real life surrounded by lippy women who give him a run for his money. And I suspect that Sunni likes it that way...a lot.

He is a hypocrite then.

So, as you seem to be a fan of anecdotes, the men in my circles throughout my life have never thought that.

I have no idea what sort of crowd you surround yourself with. Not my sort of folks.

Evangelical Christians and Catholics are the largest groups in American society and about 60% of Americans belong to one of these two categories. Both evangelicals and catholics teach that the man is the head of the household and that the wife is to submit. How is this different from Sunni's views?

Beyond that, there are plenty of men who subscribe to the same notions that anachronism has:

In my mind it's not the partners who place the limitations on each other but rather society and the traditional morals/values that I believe in. A Man cannot be a woman. Nor can a woman be a Man. That's just the natural order of things. When we mess with the natural order, things go badly. It's just that simple.

While he does not specifically spell it out, I strongly suspect he believes in a dominant male/submissive female mode of marriage.

We're a highly conservative country, and one aspect of that is gender roles. There are a lot of men in the U.S. who subscribe to views of women that are every bit as patriarchal as Sunni's. And, whose wives may well be a whole lot less professionally autonomous than his, as well.

I'm Catholic, I've never been taught that a man is the head of a household. In fact, I was raised to view marriage as a 50/50 partnership.

I'm Catholic, I've never been taught that a man is the head of a household. In fact, I was raised to view marriage as a 50/50 partnership.
Then you were not taught correct Catholic theology.

Because Catholic doctrine clearly states that the man is the head of the household.

And that the woman is to submit to her husband in all things.

Last edited:
For trade. One middle aged Sunni woman complete with burka and I´ll toss in a 1974 VW as a bonus. Will trade for 2 newer model Sunni chicks w-or w-o burkas.

You should be perfect for embracing islam then.

ROFL.

I didn't even do well as a Southern Baptist, I sure as hell wouldn't do well as a muslim.

Is this all you've got? I defend Sunni on this subject, and suddenly I'm a jew-hating future Islamic convert who wants to wear a fucking burkha?

JFC.

ROFL.

I didn't even do well as a Southern Baptist, I sure as hell wouldn't do well as a muslim.

Is this all you've got? I defend Sunni on this subject, and suddenly I'm a jew-hating future Islamicu convert who wants to wear a fucking burkha?.
To paraphrase a used car salesman.

" What do I have to do today, to get you into a burqa?" :cool:

i would do a red burqa with a lot of bling....i like gold.....lol....just call her your bitch next time....no one objects to that....

ROFL.

Is this all you've got? I defend Sunni on this subject, and suddenly I'm a jew-hating future Islamic convert who wants to wear a fucking burkha?

JFC.

ROFL.

Is this all you've got? I defend Sunni on this subject, and suddenly I'm a jew-hating future Islamicu convert who wants to wear a fucking burkha?.
To paraphrase a used car salesman.

" What do I have to do today, to get you into a burqa?" :cool:

i would do a red burqa with a lot of bling....i like gold.....lol....just call her your bitch next time....no one objects to that....

Sounds like a nice rental.

:razz:

o and grace go to one of the threads on anthony.....if you want sadistic hate....its there....

I have no doubt that tens of thousands of good Christian people would line up to throw stones at Casey Anthony. :doubt:
You've already said you would and your daughter would be happy to stone her.

Considering what goes on in the mind of anyone who wants to participate in a stoning of someone, especially someone with whom they have no connection, is disturbing to me.

I believe in capital punishment. As do a lot of Americans.

It is the law of the land in many states.

So I see no problem in administering it to convicted criminals.
Yeah. You personally want to contribute to killing someone, but not only executing them, you want to be part of stoning them.

Irrespective of one's view on capital punishment, that disturbs most normal folks.

And, those who consider and even call their wives their property disturb most normal folks, too. Well, normal folks in this and the last century.

Last edited:
Sunni thinks your clit should be cut off. If that's what floats your boat, go for it. But any man that tries to cut my wife or my daughters is simply going to be dead.

No badassery. It's just a fact.

Please. Provide a link to where Sunni said that he thinks a clitoris should be removed. That's not a muslim thing. It's an African thing. Even Christians in some African countries perform female circumcision.

I strongly suspect that Sunni is a fan of the clit, but we can always ask him to confirm that.
It's not an African thing. When we were in Oman, a local was chatting up my wife. He said, "If you were my woman, the first thing I'd do is take you to the doctor and have you cut."

Sunni may say he opposes cutting, but Sunni has been less than honest about certain aspects of his faith.

Sunni thinks your clit should be cut off. If that's what floats your boat, go for it. But any man that tries to cut my wife or my daughters is simply going to be dead.

No badassery. It's just a fact.

Please. Provide a link to where Sunni said that he thinks a clitoris should be removed. That's not a muslim thing. It's an African thing. Even Christians in some African countries perform female circumcision.

I strongly suspect that Sunni is a fan of the clit, but we can always ask him to confirm that.
It's not an African thing. When we were in Oman, a local was chatting up my wife. He said, "If you were my woman, the first thing I'd do is take you to the doctor and have you cut.".
You know that story is pure BS so quit making up lies. :doubt:

It's not an African thing. When we were in Oman, a local was chatting up my wife. He said, "If you were my woman, the first thing I'd do is take you to the doctor and have you cut.".
No, that story is true. I can understand that you're desperate for people not to believe it, but tough shit.

You weren't there. You don't know anything about it. So STFU, barbarian.

No, that story is true. I can understand that you're desperate for people not to believe it, but tough shit.

Look you and I both know the story is a pure lie.

But if it is true, you are really some kind of a wimp.

I mean what kind of a man would set their next to his wife and have another man tell her he would like to cut her clitoris off.

A real manwould have punched the guy out.

But since you told me that you are an Airman and not a Soldier then it all kind of makes sense. :cool:

Look you and I both know the story is a pure lie.
You know it's a lie. I know it's the truth.

But you're a liar, so of course you want to whitewash your faith. Too bad reality doesn't agree with the image you're desperate to sell.
But if it is true, you are really some kind of a wimp.

I mean what kind of a man would set their next to his wife and have another man tell her he would like to cut her clitoris off.

A real manwould have punched the guy out.

But since you told me that you are an Airman and not a Soldier then it all kind of makes sense. :cool:
How do you know I was there, moron? I wasn't. She was out shopping. She told me about it when she got home.

You see, I trust my wife. I don't have to threaten her to keep her faithful.

That's probably because I don't treat her like a piece of property.

Tell me, were you a misogynist before you converted? Is that what made Islam so attractive to you? You know, the whole "beat your wife if she doesn't put out" thing, and the parts about multiple wives and sex slaves?

Islam is just a big sex cult, isn't it? Sure looks like.

Forum List

Back