Sun Edison, one of the largest Solar Power Companies nears Bankruptcy

35% Of Public Oil Companies Could Face Bankruptcy | OilPrice.com

Of course this is different right, the govt needs to step in and help?
I didn't even click the link.................because you are talking about the Fracking industries that are new to the game..........

The mass increase in World Production was designed to do a few things.........

To economically attack Russia.

To drive out the competition.

It hammered Russia and put many of the New Frackers out.............With our government in cahoots with it...........This is completely opposite of the Solar equation were they have thrown Billions upon billions at the industry and they still fail...........yet in Fracking the policy was to help put them out of business..............

They did the same to the LNG industry........They started popping up to challenge the gas prices...........and many built plants that now sit idle.
Like i predicted. It's different because
Went right over your head didn't it..............Our gov't isn't subsidizing the hell out of the Frackers............the opposite is more the truth under this administration..................Obama has been using the EPA to hurt fossil fuels..............not help them

Apples to oranges equation.

I didn't even click the link.................because you are talking about the Fracking industries that are new to the game..........

It hammered Russia and put many of the New Frackers out.............With our government in cahoots with it...........This is completely opposite of the Solar equation were they have thrown Billions upon billions at the industry and they still fail...........yet in Fracking the policy was to help put them out of business..............

They did the same to the LNG industry........They started popping up to challenge the gas prices...........and many built plants that now sit idle.
Went right over your head didn't it..............Our gov't isn't subsidizing the hell out of the Frackers............the opposite is more the truth under this administration..................Obama has been using the EPA to hurt fossil fuels..............not help them

You think they don't get subsidies? Bahaha. Looks like the govt has wasted money on oil/fracking subsidies.

Of course you wont hold these companies responsible for their failures, running away from their debt. But you will be sure to highlight any alternative energy failure. Biased? Obviously.

You think they don't get subsidies? Bahaha. Looks like the govt has wasted money on oil/fracking subsidies.
I've already posted a link.......Under Obama the subsidies are small compared to the money thrown at Wind and Solar........and yet they are going belly up.............

And the main thrust of Oil Subsidies goes to the big boys...........The big boys don't want smaller Frackers in the game..............so the policy of the oil production surge is to put them out of the game.......It is Crony capitalism and the gov't picking the winners and losers..........

The Gov't has tried to FORCE solar into the game by throwing money at it.............and it still fails over and over again........the big boys in oil are buying out the smaller Frackers to control the industry as a matter of policy........on the flip side...............it drove gas prices down...............

They built a LNG plant many years ago were I live..............When it was completed..........the oil prices went down.........Brand new plant that has sit idle since construction because it can't compete with oil.

I've already posted a link.......Under Obama the subsidies are small compared to the money thrown at Wind and Solar........and yet they are going belly up.............

And the main thrust of Oil Subsidies goes to the big boys...........The big boys don't want smaller Frackers in the game..............so the policy of the oil production surge is to put them out of the game.......It is Crony capitalism and the gov't picking the winners and losers..........

The Gov't has tried to FORCE solar into the game by throwing money at it.............and it still fails over and over again........the big boys in oil are buying out the smaller Frackers to control the industry as a matter of policy........on the flip side...............it drove gas prices down...............

They built a LNG plant many years ago were I live..............When it was completed..........the oil prices went down.........Brand new plant that has sit idle since construction because it can't compete with oil.
So you are against subsidies unless they go towards what you like. Got it.

No. Definitely against government subsidies of all kinds, but particularly those that are ineffective, wasteful, and essentially operate as a racket for enriching the political parties.

At least, the oil companies generate a product that is cost effective.

Last edited:
Of course you wont hold these companies responsible for their failures, running away from their debt. But you will be sure to highlight any alternative energy failure. Biased? Obviously.
And of course you try to deflect from the failures of the Solar Industry after Billions upon Billions thrown at them...........the Frackers.............NOT SO MUCH..........

They went into business during HIGH GAS PRICES........Most of them need 50 a barrel to stay afloat..............and so the big boys pushed the barrel prices way down..............until they drove them under............

Once they all are belly up the companies like Exxon, Chevron will buy them out.............and then push the gas prices back up. It is all by design.

I am against all of these subsidies..................Businesses should stand our fall on their own merit........Without the sudsidies and FREE MONEY to Wind and Solar...........they would have been gone already................

BIg Oil doesn't need subsidies to stay afloat............never has needed it............but they don't mind padding politiicans asses to get the money..................

0apEqFU.jpg

"A company that was once worth more than $10 billion is now valued at $150 million, with close to $8 billion in long-term debt."

They are not nearing bankruptcy...they are bankrupt. Pull the plug

Thanks wheelie! All this triumphal gloating over the failure of alternative energy that hurts the nation is a sorry sight. And if it didn't hurt Obama I suspect even the gloaters would be sad about it. How about we cut off oil subsidies and see what happens. Maybe the Saudis will forgive us.

Thanks wheelie! All this triumphal gloating over the failure of alternative energy that hurts the nation is a sorry sight. And if it didn't hurt Obama I suspect even the gloaters would be sad about it. How about we cut off oil subsidies and see what happens. Maybe the Saudis will forgive us.
Fossil Fuel Subsidies: Overview - Oil Change International

We can't cut of oil and I am not advocating that. I just think it is unfair to portray alternative energy failures as if they are the only bankruptcies going on. I think it is in the United States interest to invest in alternative energy for economic and military reasons, and that small minded black and white thinkers here, aka all oil/no alternative posters are a bunch of morons.

We can't cut of oil and I am not advocating that. I just think it is unfair to portray alternative energy failures as if they are the only bankruptcies going on. I think it is in the United States interest to invest in alternative energy for economic and military reasons, and that small minded black and white thinkers here, aka all oil/no alternative posters are a bunch of morons.

when the price of old drops too low plenty of oil rig companies go tits up as well

when the price of old drops too low plenty of oil rig companies go tits up as well
jonny, nobody wants to see that either. Solar isn't the best solution for every part of the country. But where it does work well would be a good alternative. Nor will it be dirt cheap. You can bet your booties all the energy companies would buy up solar and convert it to their advantage, which isn't a bad thing. I think they will do exactly that...after all the entrepreneurs take all the risks to make it viable.

And I would support US oil companies and giving them access except certain areas we could agree to remain "wilderness". I'm just saying alternative energy should be a priority of our national interest as well. I don't see it as a panacea anytime soon, I just think spending money on it isn't necessarily a waste. We can keep US oil flowing and cut middle east oil dependence with alternative energy supplement. If it isn't feasible just cut the program. I'm not against US oil company subsidies if you aren't against alternative energy subsidies, within reason of course.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back