Summer

Probably a little, but I just think it's hot everywhere in the dessert. Phoenix is nothing more than a human frying pan. I don't see how anyone can live there. I couldn't stand the heat, I couldn't stand how massive the city was... all those fucking people. I'm just not that sociable to be jammed in amongst 7 million other people. I'd hate to see what all those people would do if the water ever stopped flowing, or the trucks ever stopped hauling in food... my God... they'd be killing each other inside of two days.

The reason Phoenix is hotter though is because it's almost all concrete, which holds in the heat and as you said, makes it a frying pan. Also they never seem to clear the roads of dead animals ... the smells there are horrible. I walk a lot when it's warm, the only time my knees let me, and in Tucson it's pleasantly clean compared to Phoenix.

That's probably my biggest complaint about the cooling we have experienced lately, I am feeling cabin fever here. In Tucson I felt healthier and more active, it was an awesome 5 years.

Sounds like you need to move back down to Tucson KK. It is healthy down there. I'd say a lot healthier than living in that cold, dank weather they have up there in Seattle. That isn't good for anybody.

No, the weather here in Seattle isn't healthy, that's one of the puzzles, why people from a nicer climate keep moving here.

Summer is endless (105 today)

Attachments

• $7_DAY_HD.jpg
    $7_DAY_HD.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 43
The reason Phoenix is hotter though is because it's almost all concrete, which holds in the heat and as you said, makes it a frying pan. Also they never seem to clear the roads of dead animals ... the smells there are horrible. I walk a lot when it's warm, the only time my knees let me, and in Tucson it's pleasantly clean compared to Phoenix.

That's probably my biggest complaint about the cooling we have experienced lately, I am feeling cabin fever here. In Tucson I felt healthier and more active, it was an awesome 5 years.

Sounds like you need to move back down to Tucson KK. It is healthy down there. I'd say a lot healthier than living in that cold, dank weather they have up there in Seattle. That isn't good for anybody.

No, the weather here in Seattle isn't healthy, that's one of the puzzles, why people from a nicer climate keep moving here.

They're liberals, and they know that's liberal country up there. They want to be among their kind.

Out in the boat fishing the Wiscons.

A moonlit ride on the Harley through America's heartland.

Shootin' the irons out in the backwoods.

4 wheelin' in the Big Red Dawg.

Loud music over a huge bonfire, drinkin' beer and doin' shots of whiskey with the bros.

Skimpy clothes on all the women... that have something worth showing off... :lol:

Key point! :lol:

Add to that....men in muscle shirts sweaty from work ;)

(but no buttcrack please)

Last edited:
Our summer here is sucking ... less than a month of sun, I just planted some seeds in my pots and they are wilting from the cold. Bah! I hate this summer.

Our's has been wet wet wet and cool. The bummer is for the first time I made an effort to really have a garden and it's struggling with fungus problems :(

Loud music over a huge bonfire, drinkin' beer and doin' shots of whiskey with the bros.

Skimpy clothes on all the women... that have something worth showing off... :lol:

That was me, less than an hour ago, (and no butt crack. I'm in good shape.) Had to dig a trench for ground rods and cable, and fill it back in. It's hot here, and humid. Part of summer in Wisconsin. I'd rather it was around 60 degrees.

Summer is for skinny dipping....even if those days were a long time ago

One summer memory, Dangerous Run, Virginia

We hiked forever it seemed,
trying to beat the setting sun.
Blue Ridge Mountains on a cool
summer evening, Beverly in the buff
bouncing in the stream, big flat rocks,
thundering waters.

You sat nearby, drinking
beer - softly talking
white water, Colorado,
driving across America in a truck
And ran your hands down my sides,
chill air - wet skin, stars miles away,
reflections of our bodies
like a nervous filly, slicking off the water
You told me I was beautiful
and late that night
standing in a waterfall,
I believed you.

Wish I could go back :)

That was me, less than an hour ago, (and no butt crack. I'm in good shape.) Had to dig a trench for ground rods and cable, and fill it back in. It's hot here, and humid. Part of summer in Wisconsin. I'd rather it was around 60 degrees.

It's funny, I never think of Wisconsin as getting horribly hot...I guess because it's seems so northern. I'm pretty lucky - I live on a ridge in the mountains and my house has a lot of trees. Even in August, there is always a cool breeze blowing.

We've all got something worth showing off. The question is - does anybody want to see it? :eek:

Goes both ways too, PR. ;)

It's funny, I never think of Wisconsin as getting horribly hot...I guess because it's seems so northern. I'm pretty lucky - I live on a ridge in the mountains and my house has a lot of trees. Even in August, there is always a cool breeze blowing.

Wisconsin can get real hot, even in the 100's, and then add the damn humidity. Man it's unbearable then. I've lived a lot of different places from Florida to Nevada, and I can honestly say I probably hate Wisconsin's climate the worst. Why am I here? Family. I've got old parents that are getting up there. Sunday is my fathers birthday. He'll be 82. I've already told myself that when they're gone, I'm otta here. We'll see...

We've all got something worth showing off. The question is - does anybody want to see it? :eek:

Sure enough... but the ones that have something to show off are few and far between up here in the backwoods of Wisconsin. We've got more corn fed heifers with calves in tow than anything else... :eusa_sick:

Wisconsin can get real hot, even in the 100's, and then add the damn humidity. Man it's unbearable then. I've lived a lot of different places from Florida to Nevada, and I can honestly say I probably hate Wisconsin's climate the worst. Why am I here? Family. I've got old parents that are getting up there. Sunday is my fathers birthday. He'll be 82. I've already told myself that when they're gone, I'm otta here. We'll see...

I hear ya....those considerations (my mom) limit where I choose to live. As it is, it's 7 hours drive from her - but that's doable and I make a point of visiting often. Someday I would like to explore parts of Canada, Idaho, Washington, Oregon, Vermont (could never live there though, way to costly)....and places overseas. I do genuinely like where I live (WV) but then, I love mountains and not having too many pesky people crowding me :)

There are things that should never be....

Spandex over blubber rolls....
Buttcrack because your too stupid to wear suspenders...

Sure enough... but the ones that have something to show off are few and far between up here in the backwoods of Wisconsin. We've got more corn fed heifers with calves in tow than anything else... :eusa_sick:

Technically speaking, if they've got calves in tow, they are no longer heifers but cows. :D

And what do you have against corn-fed heifers or cows? I are one. :eusa_eh:

Summer's good. It's for doing things like this:

There was a farmer, sitting on the front porch of his house this one hot summer day, when this kid comes walking down the road carrying a big bundle of wire.

'Hey kid!' the farmer says. 'Where ya goin' with that wire?'

'Well......' the kid drawls, 'this here ain't just any ol' wire, this here's chicken wire -- I'm a-fixin' to catch me some chickens!'

'You can't catch chickens with chicken wire son!'

'Sure I can!' the kid says, and takes off down the road. He comes back at the end of the day and sure enough, he's got a whole mess of chickens caught in his chicken wire.

Well, the farmer's sitting on his porch the next day, and the same kid comes walking down the lane, carrying a big roll of tape.

'Hey kid!' the farmer yells. 'Where ya goin' with that tape?'

'Well........ this here ain't just any ol' tape, this here's duck tape -- I'm a-fixin' to catch me some ducks!'

'You can't catch ducks with duck tape son!' the farmer yells back.

'Sure I can!' the kid says, and takes off down the road. He comes back at the end of the day and again, the farmer can't believe his eyes. The kid had a whole bunch of ducks all wrapped up tightly in his tape.

The next day the farmer's sitting on his porch again, and the kid comes walking down the road carrying a stick.

'Hey kid!' the farmer says. 'Where ya goin' with that stick?'

'Well, this here ain't just any old stick, this here's pussy willow.'

'Hang on,' the farmer says, 'I'll get my hat'

Forum List

Back