Sumer, and their tales of the Anunnaki!

RWS

Gold Member
Sep 24, 2013
This should be a fun thread!

Sumerians said that their rulers, the Anunnaki (those who came from heaven to earth) taught them everything they are claimed to have invented!

The 1st civilization on Earth (Sumerians) are said to have invented the wheel, astronomy, astrology, writing, legal systems, roads, the plow, the post office, math, pottery, and most intriguingly, the sexagesimal counting system we use in our watches and clocks today. A very advanced method of counting (12-60), that makes no sense for a 10-fingered 1st human civilization...

Unless of course, we believe what they say, and everything they know was taught to them by the Anunnaki...

Are we humans the creation of extra-terrestrial beings, and not God or evolution?

Sumerians said that their rulers, the Anunnaki (those who came from heaven to earth) taught them everything they are claimed to have invented!

The 1st civilization on Earth (Sumerians) are said to have invented the wheel, astronomy, astrology, writing, legal systems, roads, the plow, the post office, math, pottery, and most intriguingly, the sexagesimal counting system we use in our watches and clocks today. A very advanced method of counting (12-60), that makes no sense for a 10-fingered 1st human civilization...

Unless of course, we believe what they say, and everything they know was taught to them by the Anunnaki...

Are we humans the creation of extra-terrestrial beings, and not God or evolution?
I don't know many that are as fascinated by ancient history as I am, but I can't learn enough. I believe that the Sumerian kingdom of Mari, ruled by Hammurabi, created a system of weights and measures and that cheaters were severely punished. And nearly everyone knows the area legend of the original pre-Biblical flood story. It was so exciting to learn of Ballard's discovery that led to the theory of the great flood being a sea breach of a land wall at the site of present day Dardenalles that allowed the Med to rush thru and create the Black Sea. Can you tell us more about these Anunnaki?

I don't know many that are as fascinated by ancient history as I am, but I can't learn enough. I believe that the Sumerian kingdom of Mari, ruled by Hammurabi, created a system of weights and measures and that cheaters were severely punished. And nearly everyone knows the area legend of the original pre-Biblical flood story. It was so exciting to learn of Ballard's discovery that led to the theory of the great flood being a sea breach of a land wall at the site of present day Dardenalles that allowed the Med to rush thru and create the Black Sea. Can you tell us more about these Anunnaki?

What do you think of the concerted effort to destroy the artifacts of any country ISIS takes control? I mean, what do you think their motive?

What do you think of the concerted effort to destroy the artifacts of any country ISIS takes control? I mean, what do you think their motive?
I can't find adequate words to explain my anger over this destruction. Nor can I express my frustration of the arrogant stupidity of it. Have you ever read the old old poem, "Why Should The Spirit of Mortals be Proud?". I think that's the title. Anyway, it explains that no generation is unique, all history of humanity is mere prelude. And when I hear of ISIS destruction, I want to collectively and individually slap the crap out of each and every one of them. I wish they could see themselves and be ashamed, but there is little chance of that.

I can't find adequate words to explain my anger over this destruction. Nor can I express my frustration of the arrogant stupidity of it. Have you ever read the old old poem, "Why Should The Spirit of Mortals be Proud?". I think that's the title. Anyway, it explains that no generation is unique, all history of humanity is mere prelude. And when I hear of ISIS destruction, I want to collectively and individually slap the crap out of each and every one of them. I wish they could see themselves and be ashamed, but there is little chance of that.

But what of their motive?

Freewill, from a corny old sentimental hick like me..a childhood reading pleasure that left a lifelong impression:

Oh! Why Should the Spirit of Mortal Be Proud, by William Knox

What IS their motive...that the past is an offense to God? That the Truth began with them? I do not understand their motive for destroying history. Do you have an idea?

Freewill, from a corny old sentimental hick like me..a childhood reading pleasure that left a lifelong impression:

Oh! Why Should the Spirit of Mortal Be Proud, by William Knox

Yep, we are all going to die, got it. I think if I asked my 9 year old grandson he would not give death even a thought. Me, death is the final frontier.

Which in my opinion doesn't mean I or anyone else stops caring about what is going on in the world. If we are going to end up being plant food let's be the best plant food we can be.

Anyway, none of that explains why ISIS is wiping out entire cities. That is what I want to know. Once the motive is known then maybe steps could be taken to stop the destruction, other than more destruction.

What IS their motive...that the past is an offense to God? That the Truth began with them? I do not understand their motive for destroying history. Do you have an idea?

One thought is idol worship in their minds they are trying to eliminate idols.

Another, more far fetched that goes along with the OP and the reason I asked. Is that they are trying to wipe out the memory of people like the Annianki. Much like the memory of Akhenaten was attempted to be removed from history.

Were the Pharaohs of Ancient Egypt hybrid Aliens?

The Christians even had a time of the destruction of ancient objects.

Reasons other than ISIS being crazy mo fos is going to be met with opposition.

Dude, I am mesmerized by the subject! Ancient civilizations have so much knowledge that has been distorted, that we regard them as "myths". BTW, Hammurabi was Babylonian. jus sayin... :) But a great person nonetheless, and came from Sumerian seed for sure...

What I love about pre-bible civilizations is the truth they provide us.

And #1 on that list, is that what we call "god", was actually very human in nature.

Extraterrestrial Being which is God.

I'm cool with that definition! As long as nobody needs to die for it... The Sumerians did not think of them as gods. They were just their masters.

Masters of the Universe! :)

Unfortunately, this is the way the game has been played for thousands of years. You need to destroy the knowledge of the people you are conquering, otherwise they eventually revolt. So much knowledge has been lost in human history due to this strategy.

That's why we're still killing people over false "gods", and otherwise following things that deter our spiritual improvement.

But the "knowledge" is still there, in the form of thousands of Sumerian and Babylonian and Akkadian tablets. They said the truth. It's just a matter of understanding them past our prejudiced thoughts.

Required reading in schools, should be the "Epic of Gilgamesh". From Babylon. Why isn't it required reading?

I'll tell you why... because it contradicts the Bible... So our children are shunned from such knowledge by our current system. We would rather perpetuate the lie, than introduce truths that hurt.

So that extinction of knowledge is not only occurring in the middle east, it has been occurring since recorded history. That's what conquering people do when they're afraid. Luckily we still have a little remaining... Imagine where we would be today, if our knowledge didn't get semi-erased every 300-500 years due to some stupid God and his orders to burn prior knowledge?

And by not educating our children in history that contradicts the BIble, we are effectively trying to destroy prior knowledge as well. May as well burn or destroy it.. It's the same result.

It's up to us as parents, and educated people, to let our children know the original truths. And then they can decide for themselves.

Required reading in schools, should be the "Epic of Gilgamesh". From Babylon. Why isn't it required reading?

I'll tell you why... because it contradicts the Bible... So our children are shunned from such knowledge by our current system. We would rather perpetuate the lie, than introduce truths that hurt.

Why do you think it should be required reading? The Bible is not required reading, as a matter of fact quite the opposite. So why do you make such absurd claims? I think it is a case of, appeal to authority. Such as the JFK murder. It is said that if only the government would release the information we would only then know who really killed JFK. As if there are hidden secrets out there only known to a select few in authority.

If anything the Epic parallels some stories in the Bible. Were they stolen by the Bible or are they merely true stories being reported by both?

And by not educating our children in history that contradicts the BIble, we are effectively trying to destroy prior knowledge as well. May as well burn or destroy it.. It's the same result.

It's up to us as parents, and educated people, to let our children know the original truths. And then they can decide for themselves.
Perhaps you will understand my feeling that we haven't changed much since then either, but we are simply better able to nuance. An example is how we scorn those ancients for sacrificing children to ensure good crops or security or reasons that seem contemptible to us. And yet there are those today who clamor for us to sacrifice our sons and daughters on the altar of national pride, to gain a faux respect from lesser nations, a respect we once had just for making and keeping humane laws. And notice how the effort is tweaked into patriotism instead of what it is. So I don't see us as much different from our archaic ancestors. I hear they had much that was lost during the 'dark ages' too. Sewers, hot/cold running water, flush toilets, heating/cooling systems. And now as our roads, grids and transportation systems crumble while those 'lesser nations' pass us not only in those areas but also in transportation systems and most important, education, it seems to me that studying the histories of past empires is not only fascinating, but vital. Do you think we can break the mold of history?

Why do you think it should be required reading? The Bible is not required reading, as a matter of fact quite the opposite. So why do you make such absurd claims? I think it is a case of, appeal to authority. Such as the JFK murder. It is said that if only the government would release the information we would only then know who really killed JFK. As if there are hidden secrets out there only known to a select few in authority.

If anything the Epic parallels some stories in the Bible. Were they stolen by the Bible or are they merely true stories being reported by both?
The Bible is not a history book though. I have heard that every ancient, including native Americans, has a flood story and I'd guess they are all true within their world. So parallels are inevitable. How many ancient heroes were placed in a basket on a river and raised by shepherds until maturity to later become rulers? I believe Sargon was one of those. Maybe Confucius too.

Did the space people also invent human sacrifices? Recent archaeological finds indicate they practiced human sacrifice on a large scale, at least in the region of Ur.

Forum List

Back