Votes: 6 20.7%
  • Maybe

Votes: 7 24.1%
  • Not sure

Votes: 2 6.9%
  • Pie/cake/death

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I've had depression, but never considered killing myself. Everyone experiences it different....and for you guys to be here telling eachother to "try again" or "jump off a fucking bridge" is ridiculous!

I've been depressed for close to 20 years...

I just try to stay active and have a good time. Throw parties, talk to people, go boating, go fishing.... That type of stuff makes me feel better, I kinda forget about depression when I'm engaged in an activity....

IMO, a hobby is the best to deal with depression... When I was a kid I was happy collecting vintage sports cards and fishing... I'm starting to do both again and I'm feeling much better....

Those things don't necessarily work for people with depression. Can be surrounded by the best things, but still feel depressed and miserable. A major characteristic of severe depression is that the things you enjoy, you no longer find enjoyment from. So it frequently nullifies "having fun".

You need to do things that made you happy as a kid - that's the trick...

I think people get old and bored with life, it's the same thing everyday for them and that's what makes them depressed. At least that's the way I feel, but I try to change it up a bit.

Whenever I feel really depressed I go out an play darts, pool - go to a bar and talk to people then after while you forget about it and just have a good time. You come home and think to yourself "that was different but fun."

As a person who has been depressed for a long time I think depression is obsessive....

When I was a kid, I wanted to die......still suggest this now??
My childhood sucked ass....my SF abused me verbally, physically and emotionally. I never had a regular childhood..I never played with toys.....I never had stay-overs with friends...I never had friends.....I never got to watch Tv......I was taught that children should NOT be heard NOR seen.
No NO.....telling me to think of when I was a kid......ain't gonna help me~

I've had depression, but never considered killing myself. Everyone experiences it different....and for you guys to be here telling eachother to "try again" or "jump off a fucking bridge" is ridiculous!

So that's why you yourself say it to me as well, huh? Could eat that hypocrisy with a spoon.

I would never say that sort of thing to somebody who is any danger of actually doing it. Nick's made it abundantly clear that he's out to insult people who experience such severe depressive streaks and encourage them to commit to it.

My comment to him is merely a "fuck off" to an asshole antagonist.

Last edited:
^^^ I think that suicide is murder too.
And I disagree. I hope that it will be decriminalized someday, since I'm not staying here if I develop alzheimer's.
I don't mean to be offending when I say this, but to me, only a person who doesn't believe that there is a Hell would look at suicide as a form of self defense instead of self murder thinking that things will be better for them once their life down here has ended. If I could ask them, my only questions for a person who has taken their life would be this two: 1.) What is it that made you think that taking yourself was the best thing to do? 2.) Do you feel better now?

God bless you always!!! :) :) :)

Holly

And I disagree. I hope that it will be decriminalized someday, since I'm not staying here if I develop alzheimer's.
I don't mean to be offending when I say this, but to me, only a person who doesn't believe that there is a Hell would look at suicide as a form of self defense instead of self murder thinking that things will be better for them once their life down here has ended. If I could ask them, my only questions for a person who has taken their life would be this two: 1.) What is it that made you think that taking yourself was the best thing to do? 2.) Do you feel better now?

Holly

Many a devout religious person has killed themselves while fearing for their soul as a result. It didn't stop them.

:laugh:

Oh nick, you're such a stupid braggart. Don't even know how dumb you sound.

You would think somebody so awesome as you would actually be able to succeed in offing yourself. Try again.

Do us all a favor and take your lil ass and jump off a fucking bridge.....

Show us all how bad life is punk....

Show the world how bad and depressed you are.... Eat the gun.

I thought eating a gun takes courage and conviction? Be the standup individual you never were in life and eat that shit.....

Naw, you don't want to die - you just want sympathy, you want to be a victim.......

You tell others to kill themselves, hardly human. Suicide is a selfish act; yes, I WAS the victim one time in my life, and I was not the one who died.

Holly

I'd be impressed how you could ask them question number 2.....cause, after all, they are dead.

I had a friend commit suicide. It's very devastating.

I too lost a good friend in High School to suicide. Good all around guy, a team mate on the football team, smart, and a ladies man, built his own hand gun and ended it. at age 17
Really bad graduation year.

I'd be impressed how you could ask them question number 2.....cause, after all, they are dead.
That is why I said, "If I could ask them..." :) :) :)

Holly

Why is it that people who have never experienced depression seem to think they are experts on the subject? You are not. Those people who have suffered with depression are the only people who are really qualified to speak about what it is like, and how it affects you.

So everyone who has never had those depressing thoughts in their life should sod off.

*ever, in the last sentence

The line that really gets me in Starry, Starry night is "But I could have told you, Vincent; this world was never meant for one as beautiful as you."

When I'm not on anything for depression/anxiety (3rd gen gave birth to 4th gen - oh, the joy), it feels like every bullet out there is meant for me. I told my therapist (the one I had after The Snapping) that I feel skinless. Everything, no matter how innocuous, hurts.

Life's not supposed to feel like that.

In addition to the depression, I was raised by psychos. So I have PTSD.

I was off any form of anxiety/depression meds for two years, while I was unemployed, but freelance writing. Then I got this job, which had insurance, and went back on my meds. *different ones this time, I couldn't afford the $50 copay of Lexapro, and they didn't have a generic.* Know why I went back on? Because I was tired of crying Every. Fucking. Day. Every day, tears were involved at least once. Do you KNOW how old that gets.

Any rate. Enough about me. What do you think about me? ;)

People are blaming Nancy Grace for the suicide of a woman.

Woman who killed her baby and was dubbed

Now. I once had a friend whose husband blamed her in his suicide note. She is adamant that no matter what he did, she is in no wise responsible for his death. She didn't contribute, she didn't cause, she doesn't own it.

Kids have committed suicide over bullying.

My question today is: Do you believe a person or persons can drive another to lose their will to live, and then act on it.
Sometimes a Charles Manson has to be held accountable for making other people commit murder.

Sometimes a society has to be held accountable for teaching others to use a bomb to commit a homocidal act.

Even so, the hand that kills himself or someone else is generally held accountable in some measure except if Stockholm syndrome has played a role.

A mentally ill or paranoid person may accuse others of causing his crime, because in his mind, everyone is out to get him anyway.

And a good con artist can make people believe almost anything, real or imagined. If he or she is a sociopath, look out superfluous world.

Yes I tried killing myself since I was 5 years old, literally. Not threatening. I decided life isn't worth it and that death is better

Fuck this pussyassed thread.

You can unsubscribe, you know. Although since you posted again after this post, I have to assume you have no willpower to speak of.

That must suck the hind tit something fierce.

Yes, all this depression is sucking me in.

You are the depressed one. That needs affirmation of your lunacy. That must suck enough to.....think about killing yourself.......:clap2:

Remember that old Nike slogan?

*ever, in the last sentence

The line that really gets me in Starry, Starry night is "But I could have told you, Vincent; this world was never meant for one as beautiful as you."

When I'm not on anything for depression/anxiety (3rd gen gave birth to 4th gen - oh, the joy), it feels like every bullet out there is meant for me. I told my therapist (the one I had after The Snapping) that I feel skinless. Everything, no matter how innocuous, hurts.

Life's not supposed to feel like that.

In addition to the depression, I was raised by psychos. So I have PTSD.

I was off any form of anxiety/depression meds for two years, while I was unemployed, but freelance writing. Then I got this job, which had insurance, and went back on my meds. *different ones this time, I couldn't afford the $50 copay of Lexapro, and they didn't have a generic.* Know why I went back on? Because I was tired of crying Every. Fucking. Day. Every day, tears were involved at least once. Do you KNOW how old that gets.

Any rate. Enough about me. What do you think about me? ;)

VanGogh is one of my favorite artists....Starry Starry Night my favorite piece...maybe because I felt I could relate to him somehow :eusa_eh:

Forum List

Back