Votes: 6 20.7%
  • Maybe

Votes: 7 24.1%
  • Not sure

Votes: 2 6.9%
  • Pie/cake/death

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Depression is a nigh everyday occurrence for me. The worst part about chemically related depression is not having any logical reason to feel sad. Nothing horrible happened to me... I just feel absolutely miserable. "Cheering up" is almost impossible through normal means. Just have to let it run its course most of the time.

Most people who only feel depressed when their girlfriend dumps them or they lose their job or a family pet dies or something, will never understand.

I've been depressed for close to 20 years...

I just try to stay active and have a good time. Throw parties, talk to people, go boating, go fishing.... That type of stuff makes me feel better, I kinda forget about depression when I'm engaged in an activity....

IMO, a hobby is the best to deal with depression... When I was a kid I was happy collecting vintage sports cards and fishing... I'm starting to do both again and I'm feeling much better....

Those things don't necessarily work for people with depression. Can be surrounded by the best things, but still feel depressed and miserable. A major characteristic of severe depression is that the things you enjoy, you no longer find enjoyment from. So it frequently nullifies "having fun".

Depression is a nigh everyday occurrence for me. The worst part about chemically related depression is not having any logical reason to feel sad. Nothing horrible happened to me... I just feel absolutely miserable. "Cheering up" is almost impossible through normal means. Just have to let it run its course most of the time.

Most people who only feel depressed when their girlfriend dumps them or they lose their job or a family pet dies or something, will never understand.

I just try to stay active and have a good time. Throw parties, talk to people, go boating, go fishing.... That type of stuff makes me feel better, I kinda forget about depression when I'm engaged in an activity....

IMO, a hobby is the best to deal with depression... When I was a kid I was happy collecting vintage sports cards and fishing... I'm starting to do both again and I'm feeling much better....

Those things don't necessarily work for people with depression. Can be surrounded by the best things, but still feel depressed and miserable. A major characteristic of severe depression is that the things you enjoy, you no longer find enjoyment from. So it frequently nullifies "having fun".

You need to do things that made you happy as a kid - that's the trick...

I think people get old and bored with life, it's the same thing everyday for them and that's what makes them depressed. At least that's the way I feel, but I try to change it up a bit.

Whenever I feel really depressed I go out an play darts, pool - go to a bar and talk to people then after while you forget about it and just have a good time. You come home and think to yourself "that was different but fun."

As a person who has been depressed for a long time I think depression is obsessive....

^^^ I think that suicide is murder too.

God bless you always!!! :) :) :)

Holly

And I disagree. I hope that it will be decriminalized someday, since I'm not staying here if I develop alzheimer's.

Are you talking about assisted suicide?

It's murder....

The only time I would ever think about killing someone would be if they were a serious threat to me, my family or friends.... Not only that but my first thought wouldn't be "kill this person" it would be: "demobilize this person."

I think murder is wrong - including suicide.

You're clearly an atheist correct?

I think people get old and bored with life, it's the same thing everyday for them and that's what makes them depressed. At least that's the way I feel, but I try to change it up a bit.

Whenever I feel really depressed I go out an play darts, pool - go to a bar and talk to people then after while you forget about it and just have a good time. You come home and think to yourself "that was different but fun."

As a person who has been depressed for a long time I think depression is obsessive....

Well it sounds to me like you have a very mild case of depression, if you could even call it that. I'd more called it just 'being bummed' if you can so easily make it go away. Depression can be powerfully gripping and operate on levels beyond logical reasoning. If you can reason yourself out of your depression and do other things to ignore it, you're probably not experiencing the severity that others do.

Well it sounds to me like you have a very mild case of depression, if you could even call it that. I'd more called it just 'being bummed' if you can so easily make it go away. Depression can be powerfully gripping and operate on levels beyond logical reasoning. If you can reason yourself out of your depression and do other things to ignore it, you're probably not experiencing the severity that others do.

No, I know what its like to do something you loved to do but when you do it it sucks - I know that feeling. However once you start doing that activity it becomes fun again after a while...

Getting out of depression is difficult, but I think everyone who has it certainly has a low point - the bottom of the pit - then they say "WTF, what can I do to feel better" - its at that point where you want to break out of depression, its at that point you start to feel better.

I used to despise people - I didn't like even my family.... I was anti-social and depressed. Now I actually enjoy company... 2-years ago you couldn't drag me to a party, now I throw keggers...

I'm still depressed tho..... I would love a family of my own but I'm not going to get involved with "problematic" woman.... Living like a 21-year-old when you're 32 gets old after a while - like 10 years old :lol:

This fucking thread sucks. It sucks so bad it makes me want to kill myself. Way to go, fBDBoop. You took the cheeriest guy on this board and turned me into a gibbering wreck that's ready to stretch my own neck. You are the queen of total suck.

No, I know what its like to do something you loved to do but when you do it it sucks - I know that feeling. However once you start doing that activity it becomes fun again after a while...

I'm telling you RIGHT FUCKING NOW that it doesn't work that way for everybody with severe depression. Quit applying your own experiences as a definition of the condition.

Getting out of depression is difficult, but I think everyone who has it certainly has a low point - the bottom of the pit - then they say "WTF, what can I do to feel better" - its at that point where you want to break out of depression, its at that point you start to feel better.

You don't honestly believe that the people who remain depressed simply "don't want to break out of it"?

Last edited:

I'm telling you RIGHT FUCKING NOW that it doesn't work that way for everybody with severe depression. Quit applying your own experiences as a definition of the condition.

You don't honestly believe that the people who remain depressed simply "don't want to break out of it"?

Nick's under the mistaken impression this his experience is the universal experience.

Nick's under the mistaken impression this his experience is the universal experience.

Well he did create man in his image, didn't he?

:eusa_whistle:

Good go prove your point for all of us....

If you're such a victim then go off yourself - go be a martyr for your stupid ass opinions...

Maybe one of the reasons why you progressives are all fucked up is because you want to be victims - you want to feel sad, you want to be on pills like Zoloft ..... You fools think life should be easy, and everything should be sunshine and rainbows - guess what? grow the fuck up - life isn't sunshine and rainbows - the sooner you figure that out the better you will feel...

I Think a lot of people are depressed because their expectations in life are too high..

People need to be content with who they are instead of who they want to be... Of course people can change their position but before that they need to realize who they are.

If you're such a victim then go off yourself - go be a martyr for your stupid ass opinions...

Maybe one of the reasons why you progressives are all fucked up is because you want to be victims - you want to feel sad, you want to be on pills like Zoloft ..... You fools think life should be easy, and everything should be sunshine and rainbows - guess what? grow the fuck up - life isn't sunshine and rainbows - the sooner you figure that out the better you will feel...

I Think a lot of people are depressed because their expectations in life are too high..

People need to be content with who they are instead of who they want to be... Of course people can change their position but before that they need to realize who they are.

Yeah see, this is why you aren't respected, especially in a conversation about something serious like depression and suicide.

For the record I have never taken pills for my depression. I have friends who have done so and they've told me they are scary because they often make you more suicidal.

Yeah see, this is why you aren't respected, especially in a conversation about something serious like depression and suicide.

For the record I have never taken pills for my depression. I have friends who have done so and they've told me they are scary because they often make you more suicidal.

No, you want sympathy not help............

I've been hospitalized for depression on two suicide attempts (in the state hospital) and you're attempting to tell me I don't understand???

Oh I fucking understand. At the same time I understand I can beat this shit and I'm not a "victim."

You don't know shit about me.... You're such a pussy.

I've had easily the most fucked up life out of anyone posting here and I'm the last one bitching..... You progressives will ding your toe and scream "Boosh" then cry about how bad life is....... You fools are masochists.

Depression is a chemical imbalance in the brain. Mr. Nick needs to get some education.

Yeah its called dopamine...

You need to get an education... Try high school first...

Try 5HTP dumbass.....

Last edited:
:laugh:

Oh nick, you're such a stupid braggart. Don't even know how dumb you sound.

You would think somebody so awesome as you would actually be able to succeed in offing yourself. Try again.

Last edited:
:laugh:

Oh nick, you're such a stupid braggart. Don't even know how dumb you sound.

You would think somebody so awesome as you would actually be able to succeed in offing yourself. Try again.

Do us all a favor and take your lil ass and jump off a fucking bridge.....

Show us all how bad life is punk....

Show the world how bad and depressed you are.... Eat the gun.

I thought eating a gun takes courage and conviction? Be the standup individual you never were in life and eat that shit.....

Naw, you don't want to die - you just want sympathy, you want to be a victim.......

No, see... I'm not suicidal. I have suicidal thoughts.

Faced with somebody who is actually depressed and contemplating suicide, I wouldn't egg them on. I might tell somebody to go kill themselves, but never in that context, unless they were a truly evil person. I can relate too much to them to be that person.

You however seem pretty comfortable with your identity as somebody who mocks and encourages those teetering on the edge to actually commit. And yet you believe suicide(and assistance to it) to be murder. How does that work exactly? You're pretty unmatched in one thing at least... how sleazy you are.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back