Suicide by Fossil Fuels

Compost

Diamond Member
Sep 11, 2015
David Buckel set himself on fire so everybody would know the dangers of fossil fuels. Is this the honorable death he was hoping for?

"I just killed myself by fire as a protest suicide. I apologize to you for the mess.

My early death by fossil fuel reflects what we are doing to ourselves,” he wrote. “A lifetime of service may best be preserved by giving a life ... Honorable purpose in life invites honorable purchase in death...I hope it is an honorable death that might serve others."

https://nypost.com/2018/04/14/activist-lawyer-burned-himself-to-death-to-protest-global-warming/

Lots of people commit suicide by fossil fuel ... some more spectacularly than others ...

dean_1736056c.jpg

Perhaps it would have been even more meaningful if he had gone on a hunger strike before setting himself on fire!

Funny shit....

But the sad part as well is....when this guy went up like a toasted marshmallow he probably thought he would get some significant recognition to help his cause. Instead he simply helps provide more fodder that the climate crusaders or indeed a religion.:113:

Last edited:
Prominent Lawyer in Fight for Gay Rights Dies After Setting Himself on Fire in Prospect Park

A lawyer nationally known for being a champion of gay rights died after setting himself on fire in Prospect Park in Brooklyn early Saturday morning and leaving a note exhorting people to lead less selfish lives as a way to protect the planet, the police said.

The remains of the lawyer, David S. Buckel, 60, were found near Prospect Park West in a field near baseball diamonds and the main loop used by joggers and bikers.

Mr. Buckel left a note in a shopping cart not far from his body and also emailed it to several news media outlets, including The New York Times.

Mr. Buckel was the lead attorney in Brandon v. County of Richardson, in which a Nebraska county sheriff was found liable for failing to protect Brandon Teena, a transgender man who was murdered in Falls City, Neb. Hilary Swank won an Academy Award for her portrayal of Mr. Teena in the 1999 movie “Boys Don’t Cry.”

What a flamer.

Me thinks there was something more to his motives than climate change... say some underlying medical or mental issue...

If You Gotta Go... Make a Statement. Gay or not.

btw:
I feel some very Glorious Flaming DOPer Endings after the 2018 elections.

Yep, the Love that was!

38842_400x400.jpg

Last edited:
I would like to see more Liberals set themselves on fire.

Can you imagine all the Carbon that fool expelled in to the air just by breathing his whole life and then setting himself on fire?

More of them should join the cult.

Tell us first, in case we want to bring marshmallows.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back