Sugary drink ban is ..... RACIST!

SniperFire

Feb 28, 2012
Inside Your Head
The race card and its ever expanding flexibility!

'The issue is complex for the minority advocates, especially given obesity rates that are higher than average among blacks and Hispanics, according to the federal Centers for Disease Control. The groups say in court papers they're concerned about the discrepancy, but the soda rule will unduly harm minority businesses and "freedom of choice in low-income communities."

News from The Associated Press

So.... is it racist to permit the selling of large sugary drinks to the statistically obese minority population, or is it racist ot unduly harm minority businesses by banning the sale of them?

It gets sooooo confusing. LOL

I don't like the ban, but I agree with the concept. Sugar is the number one cause of obesity, whether it is in its purest form or if it is converted from carbs. Instead of an outright ban, I would rather see a sin tax on larger drinks. Make it so the big drink costs substantially more than a smaller sized drink. Then people can decide if they want to spend the extra or not. Use the tax funds strictly for state health care in some form.

Just so people understand how much soda affects our weight, think of it this way. If you drink two 20 ounce Pepsi or Coke drinks per day, that is 500 calories per day. Multiply that times seven days per week, and you have 3500 calories or the equivalent of one pound of fat. That equates to 52 pounds of added weight per year that an individual will gain or will not lose if they are not active enough. In the course of a year, that amounts to 182,000 useless calories that provide zero nourishment to a person.

You are easily confused.

Beat me to it! :D

So clue me in.

Is it racist to sell sugary drinks to minorities, or is it racist to not sell sugary drinks to minorities?

Or does it just depend on the immediate need of the race card wielder? And what if the immediate needs of two race card wielders conflict? Do you just count the first race card played?

LOL

If one can say the word "lazy" implies racism...and thousands...no....millions of people agree with it and admantly supported the fact that the word "lazy" implies racism.........then just about anything can be deemed as racist if one wants to claim racism.

What I get a kick out of is the fact that Powell...and those on the left...assume that black people are lazy.

The race card and its ever expanding flexibility!

'The issue is complex for the minority advocates, especially given obesity rates that are higher than average among blacks and Hispanics, according to the federal Centers for Disease Control. The groups say in court papers they're concerned about the discrepancy, but the soda rule will unduly harm minority businesses and "freedom of choice in low-income communities."

News from The Associated Press

So.... is it racist to permit the selling of large sugary drinks to the statistically obese minority population, or is it racist ot unduly harm minority businesses by banning the sale of them?

It gets sooooo confusing. LOL
don't ban the drinks ...make the lazy bastards get up and move around [burn some calories] for that gubment check.

You are easily confused.

So clue me in.

Is it racist to sell sugary drinks to minorities, or is it racist to not sell sugary drinks to minorities?

Or does it just depend on the immediate need of the race card wielder? And what if the immediate needs of two race card wielders conflict? Do you just count the first race card played?

It's a public health matter. Not going to play your False Choice game. Who says it's just a matter of minorities? The only place I see racism coming into the picture is your illustration of right wing stereotyping.

So clue me in.

It's a public health matter. Not going to play your False Choice game. Who says it's just a matter of minorities? The only place I see racism coming into the picture is your illustration of right wing stereotyping.

It isn't my false choice game.

The argument before the court is whether or not banning large sugary drinks is an unjust burden on minority business owners.

Which race card are you going to go with?

So clue me in.

The argument before the court is whether or not banning large sugary drinks is an unjust burden on minority business owners.

It doesn't matter who made the argument, my comment stands. It's obviously an action brought by one of those MLK-Republicans! :cool:

It doesn't matter who made the argument, my comment stands. It's obviously an action brought by one of those MLK-Republicans! :cool:

You RACIST! You hate minority small business owners!

No one is stopping them from selling two or more smaller drinks.

Are you saying minority business owners need special privileges? :eek:

I don't like the ban, but I agree with the concept. Sugar is the number one cause of obesity, whether it is in its purest form or if it is converted from carbs. Instead of an outright ban, I would rather see a sin tax on larger drinks. Make it so the big drink costs substantially more than a smaller sized drink. Then people can decide if they want to spend the extra or not. Use the tax funds strictly for state health care in some form.

Just so people understand how much soda affects our weight, think of it this way. If you drink two 20 ounce Pepsi or Coke drinks per day, that is 500 calories per day. Multiply that times seven days per week, and you have 3500 calories or the equivalent of one pound of fat. That equates to 52 pounds of added weight per year that an individual will gain or will not lose if they are not active enough. In the course of a year, that amounts to 182,000 useless calories that provide zero nourishment to a person.

What about people who aren't obese? What about fat beer bellies who don't drink sugary drinks but guzzle down the Bud?

Are you saying minority business owners need special privileges? :eek:

Not me. The person playing the race card does.

Why not read the article instead of posting like an ignorant ass?

'NEW YORK (AP) -- Opponents of the city's limit on the size of sugary drinks are raising questions of racial fairness alongside other complaints as the novel restriction faces a court test.'

Last edited:
A ban on large drinks, or a separate tax on large drinks is certainly a strike against the poor, and whatever minorities that are poor. A family might buy one large drink to be shared instead of several smaller ones. The ones who can afford it aren't bothered, push them enough and they will simply buy two. Not all families can afford to buy four separate drinks, they share.

Now, i'm sure some of these minorities are women. I hear day in and day out a woman has a natural right to choose what she does with her body. So limiting the size of the sugary drink she wants to put into HER body is none of goverments buissness.

Forum List

Back