School ban on sugary drinks shows little effect

you are not a swift sorta guy, are you? Do your kids look at you in dismay at what genetic failures are looming in the future? (Hey Crimson, see how that works?)

I posted behavior that is the EXACT SAME despite 25 years of fucking gaming. If you can't fathom why you've failed this argument then so be it. Hell, a guy wearing a tshirt bragging about a high score on an arcade game probably only plays in healthy ten minute increments. Indeed, smart people would PROBABLY EXPECT early 80s marital dissolution to be listed on the interwebs!

it's cool, dude. i'm starting to feel bad for you by this point. YOU ARE A WINNER!

:lol:

you are not a swift sorta guy, are you? Do your kids look at you in dismay at what genetic failures are looming in the future? (Hey Crimson, see how that works?)

I posted behavior that is the EXACT SAME despite 25 years of fucking gaming. If you can't fathom why you've failed this argument then so be it. Hell, a guy wearing a tshirt bragging about a high score on an arcade game probably only plays in healthy ten minute increments. Indeed, smart people would PROBABLY EXPECT early 80s marital dissolution to be listed on the interwebs!

it's cool, dude. i'm starting to feel bad for you by this point. YOU ARE A WINNER!

and yet again, you've failed to make your point. a picture isn't proof of anything except what was happening during the .2 secs that the shutter on the camera was open.

you do a great job setting up strawmen and knocking them down, though.
probably all that gaming experience, huh?

weak.

I think I hear crickets from Shogun

Please post more random pics of high scores of pacman lol

That is obviously the same as people killing themselves or couples divorcing because of your precious MMO's

You fucking at everything you do, but hey at least you haven't lowered yourself to some guido jokes yet. Then again, it is still early in this thread I guess

There was a movie made, starring Fred Savage, that was entirely devoted to how much time kids spend playing video games, and it revolved around Nintendo and Mario Bros.

I'm not sure if the tournament in the movie that kids travelled from all over the world to play in was real or not, but even if it wasn't, there are still tournaments just like it.

Kids have been spending way too much time playing video games since they were invented. If you want to blame ANYONE (besides the parents who deserve it, of course), blame the creators of television.

TheWizardDVD.jpg

and yet again, you've failed to make your point. a picture isn't proof of anything except what was happening during the .2 secs that the shutter on the camera was open.

you do a great job setting up strawmen and knocking them down, though.
probably all that gaming experience, huh?

weak.

are you fucking kidding me? Do you need to be Stanly fucking Milgram to compare those two images above?

don't be bitter, del. mods are supposed to be above that sort of thing.

Being a gamer I must interject, I am an old school gamer first of all (would prefer long story line with a lot of depth to some crap like WoW). I am also a game programmer. Here's the problem, video games themselves are not to blame, nor are the producers and marketers, that's just business. The core of the problem is that parents are too paranoid to let their kids go out and actually be active and yet at the same time they don't care enough to actually take the kids to the park. The kids get bored and video games let them do something.

lol, you post pictures of someone playing a game and that proves your point? Apparently the only teeth missing are probably yours from all the gamers you give blows jobs too.

You haven't proven anything other then you can't beat me in a fucking arguement. Show me where pacman and those arcade games from the 70's caused addictions that led to divorces, failed classes, withdrawl from social activites, suicide etc.. You can't post one. I can google something and probably fine dozens if not hundreds. Come on tough guy, I am waiting. Keep trying to compare games from the 70's to todays genre of games. Keep trying

Come on man, you never answered my question before, whats the loongest grind on WoW you have done. Man up and admit it. 12, 15 hours straight?

Um ... this is just plain stupid. Fine, here is the problem with your side of the argument and why I think you are also a moron: Availability.

1. WoW doesn't cost money each time you boot up, while the arcade games do.

2. Even when the first home systems were launched many people just didn't care because they were toys, now the games are on multimedia devices already in high use.

3. Stores were unable to stock large numbers of the big boxes that the old game systems were on, so many stores only had a few at a time to keep enough room for their primary stock. Since the invention of the floppy (then the CD) space became less of an issue and stores were able to stock more, which also allows them to sell them at lower prices.

4. Video games were once a novelty, only a few people even knew much about them. Even when I was growing up many people didn't know what Final Fantasy was, some didn't even know what Frogger was. Now however video games are everywhere, and they are widely accepted as a form of entertainment.

Back on topic, what we consume has an effect on us, though not nearly as much as these nuts pushing for bans on everything. Though I must stray from topic a little, smoking is said to cause the yellowing of teeth, well, I have been a pack and a half a day smoker for 20 years, guess what? My teeth are STILL white (even with all the coffee I drink to). The 'sugar rotting the teeth' or even 'sugar makes you fat' garbage is just that, garbage. Anything can make a mammal fat if said mammal sits around all day doing nothing.

Forum List

Back