Stupidest thing you've done in a vehicle?

Same car as above, Nissan Sentra.

My transmission was going and I was driving along the Long Island Expressway.

If I took my foot off the gas even for a second, the engine would stall...even while driving 55mph.

So, when I came to a stop sign, I had to pop it into neutral and keep my foot on the accelerator, while braking with the hand brake.

That was a white knuckler!

That reminds me of my VW Rabbit. I used to set the parking brake, put it in reverse, rev the engine, then work the clutch so the back end would hop up and down like a .... wabbit.

Talk about fishtailing,
My first car was a 61 Chevy Belair. That model had the double boob taillights. It was a hand me down but I went ahead and painted it metal flake royal blue with white stripes on the hood. In retrospect it looked pretty stupid.This car had one hell of a transmission problem, you'd step on the gas slowly and it would suddenly catch and take off.

Anyway, it's a rainy day and I come to a corner to make a right turn. The cars are a good distance away so I go for it. I'm a 16 year old kid at this time. I step on the gas and it slowly moves forward, I give it a little more gas and by then I'm about 1/2 way through the turn, by then the traffic is about 50ft. away, I freak, floor it, the transmission catches and I'm spinning I have no idea how many times. Anyway, I end up about 100 feet down the road, with the back end through a cinder block fence, all the way up to the driver side door.

I was lucky, real lucky because the lady of the house did home childcare and if it wasn't raining the kids would have been outside playing in the backyard.

Talk about fishtailing,
My first car was a 61 Chevy Belair. That model had the double boob taillights. It was a hand me down but I went ahead and painted it metal flake royal blue with white stripes on the hood. In retrospect it looked pretty stupid.This car had one hell of a transmission problem, you'd step on the gas slowly and it would suddenly catch and take off.

Anyway, it's a rainy day and I come to a corner to make a right turn. The cars are a good distance away so I go for it. I'm a 16 year old kid at this time. I step on the gas and it slowly moves forward, I give it a little more gas and by then I'm about 1/2 way through the turn, by then the traffic is about 50ft. away, I freak, floor it, the transmission catches and I'm spinning I have no idea how many times. Anyway, I end up about 100 feet down the road, with the back end through a cinder block fence, all the way up to the driver side door.

I was lucky, real lucky because the lady of the house did home childcare and if it wasn't raining the kids would have been outside playing in the backyard.
That sounds more like 'the stupidest thing a car's ever done to you'.

I could fill one of THOSE threads, too.

Forum List

Back