Stupid laws

Againsheila

Gold Member
Nov 1, 2008
Federal Way WA
Just found out about another really stupid law. Seems the cities in our state decided awhile ago that they wanted more money so anyone who does business in their city must have a business license in that particular city. Sounds okay on the surface, but I have a grandfather's clock that needs to be repaired. There is no one in my city who will fix a grandfather's clock. There is a guy not too far away in another city but because he doesn't have a license in my city, he can't come here and fix my grandfather's clock. The law is really dumb because our city loses out on the sales tax from getting my clock fixed in this city and I lose out on getting the clock fixed at all. This summer, I'm going to have to take the thing apart, drive it to another city, get it fixed, then drive it home, put it back up and pray to God it works. Another city will get the sales tax. Why are our representatives so stupid????

Just found out about another really stupid law. Seems the cities in our state decided awhile ago that they wanted more money so anyone who does business in their city must have a business license in that particular city. Sounds okay on the surface, but I have a grandfather's clock that needs to be repaired. There is no one in my city who will fix a grandfather's clock. There is a guy not too far away in another city but because he doesn't have a license in my city, he can't come here and fix my grandfather's clock. The law is really dumb because our city loses out on the sales tax from getting my clock fixed in this city and I lose out on getting the clock fixed at all. This summer, I'm going to have to take the thing apart, drive it to another city, get it fixed, then drive it home, put it back up and pray to God it works. Another city will get the sales tax. Why are our representatives so stupid????

Psst pay the guy cash no sales tax for anyone.

This was actually the point of the commerce clause - to prevent local and state government from making trade a pain in the ass. Instead, it's been used, primarily, to justify federal power grabs. Shame on Congress. Shame on the Court.

Forum List

Back