Study suggests Fox News viewers less informed than those not watching any news

Truthmatter uses them as a reference from time to time. Sure they are.

Fox News Viewers Uninformed, NPR Listeners Not

"We have all seen these circus elephants complete with tusks, ivory in their head and thick skins, who move around the circus ring and grab the tail of the elephant ahead of them."
President John F. Kennedy

“ The nobility of a human being is strictly independent of that of his convictions. ”
— Jean Rostand

One must either take an interest in the human situation or else parade before the void.
Jean Rostand

Fox News Viewers Uninformed, NPR Listeners Not

"We have all seen these circus elephants complete with tusks, ivory in their head and thick skins, who move around the circus ring and grab the tail of the elephant ahead of them."
President John F. Kennedy

“ The nobility of a human being is strictly independent of that of his convictions. ”
— Jean Rostand

One must either take an interest in the human situation or else parade before the void.
Jean Rostand

"Liberal logic seems to be that multiculturalism, the Peace Corps, and such are good things — things that liberals approve of — and good things can’t be fascist by simple virtue of the fact that liberals approve of them."
Jonah Goldberg

I don't know about the rest of you, but I watch Fox News for all the excellent tits and ass.

The question must be asked:

Is being misinformed more ignorant than merely being ignorant and knowing that your don't know?

I think it is.

But in defence of the misinformed?

At least they're trying to understand.

Is being misinformed more ignorant than merely being ignorant and knowing that your don't know?

I think it is.

Again it does not matter what the American media source is they will only allow you what they want you too know.

There might be half a dozen people or so that watch MSNBC slightly more that watch CNN. NPR and PBS have to have government support.

I think it is.

Again it does not matter what the American media source is they will only allow you what they want you too know.

Sometimes you can find information in foreign media sources about America that are not in the American media.

Some News Leaves People Knowing Less

I found this to be somewhat surprising. There's a few things that I think should be kept in mind when considering the results.

1. This is not necessarily a representative sample group. It was only New Jerseyans who were polled, which leaves open the possibility that the results are attributable to special circumstances of New Jersey.

2. This poll suggests a correlation. But does not do much to establish a causal factor. It's not appropriate to assume from this study that one news outlet or another causes a greater or lesser overall knowledge of events. It's just as likely that people who happen to be less informed or more informed have common preferences for peripheral reasons.

3. These facts aside, the sample group is relatively small (612 people) which means that further and more expansive study is needed in order to identify more definitive correlations.

What did you find surprising about a liberal run study finding out fox news "is bad"?

Thats like being shocked that Rush Limbaugh thinks liberal media outlets lie :cuckoo:

I think it is.

Sometimes you can find information in foreign media sources about America that are not in the American media.
yes you can

I found this to be somewhat surprising. There's a few things that I think should be kept in mind when considering the results.

1. This is not necessarily a representative sample group. It was only New Jerseyans who were polled, which leaves open the possibility that the results are attributable to special circumstances of New Jersey.

2. This poll suggests a correlation. But does not do much to establish a causal factor. It's not appropriate to assume from this study that one news outlet or another causes a greater or lesser overall knowledge of events. It's just as likely that people who happen to be less informed or more informed have common preferences for peripheral reasons.

3. These facts aside, the sample group is relatively small (612 people) which means that further and more expansive study is needed in order to identify more definitive correlations.

What did you find surprising about a liberal run study finding out fox news "is bad"?

Thats like being shocked that Rush Limbaugh thinks liberal media outlets lie :cuckoo:

This does not mean that it is not true though.

damn fox is like a drug to these people isnt it.

They just gotta have it, nothing else will do.

This does not mean that it is not true though.

I have absolutely no doubt that, to those who need to find straw to build their strawmen, this will be a useful source.

It is one incredibly small survey. It is neither 'true' nor 'false', but please don't let facts get in the way of your preconceived ideas.

I have heard and seen the fox lies with my own ears and eyes.

Every damned time I turn it on they say something that isnt true.

PROVABLY untrue.

when Republicans get in trouble they label them as Dems and then say ooppps.

They mis quote people all the damned time.

They lie and anyone who is stupid enough to think they dont is part of why this country is so fucked up.

I have heard and seen the fox lies with my own ears and eyes.

Every damned time I turn it on they say something that isnt true.

PROVABLY untrue.

Pot_Meet_Kettle.jpg

Forum List

Back