Students stunned after major for-profit college chain closes: 'They're taking our dreams away'

deanrd

Gold Member
May 8, 2017
'They’re taking our dreams away': Students stunned after major for-profit college chain closes

Cantú became one of roughly 19,000 students left scrambling after Education Corp. of America (ECA), one of the largest for-profit college chains in the United States, said Wednesday it was suddenly closing roughly 70 campuses around the country. Students found themselves unable to complete their programs and teachers were out of a job after ECA's accreditor said recognition for its schools would be suspended.

ECA operated several chains of schools, such as Virginia College, Brightwood College, Golf Academy of America and Ecotech Institute, throughout the nation.

———-

I feel just terrible for the kids going to these colleges. 19,000 children.
This is even worse than trump university.
I went to college that was for profit and I was lucky enough to move my credits over to a University before the college closed. It closed less than a year after I transferred to the University.

I was already $20,000 in debt when I transferred to the University. And I was working full-time, I got the G.I. Bill, and the company I worked at paid 8 grand a year for my education.

Forum List

Back