CDZ Students Demand Removal of White Authors; Why is this not Condemned as Racist?

The Wokesters are so blatantly racist today, and it boggles my mind why they get away with it.

Notre Dame Students Call for the Removal of White Authors from Curriculum | Breitbart

Can someone explain why this is not damned as racism?
Because it is a small ridiculous group that no one would even care about if triggered sensitives looking for unfairness hadn’t made a fuss.

If they start removing books on the basis of author skin color THEN I will be pissed. But that isn’t happening.
So, you would have no problem condemning their stance.

Condemning it for what? Brietbart’s title is misleading. They aren’t wanting white authors removed, they are wanting a greater proportion of other authors represented.

I would be critical of it if books were chosen solely on the author’s identity without regards to merit, but it isn’t racist to want a broader array of author’s represented.
Because you don't increase the representation of others by reducing existing representation. You simply add to the total.

However, what I was addressing was your comment on their being a small group. This implies that even if they are wrong, you'll ignore it based on their size. That too, is a wrong stance.

The Wokesters are so blatantly racist today, and it boggles my mind why they get away with it.

Notre Dame Students Call for the Removal of White Authors from Curriculum | Breitbart

Because it is a small ridiculous group that no one would even care about if triggered sensitives looking for unfairness hadn’t made a fuss.

If they start removing books on the basis of author skin color THEN I will be pissed. But that isn’t happening.

Condemning it for what? Brietbart’s title is misleading. They aren’t wanting white authors removed, they are wanting a greater proportion of other authors represented.

I would be critical of it if books were chosen solely on the author’s identity without regards to merit, but it isn’t racist to want a broader array of author’s represented.
Because you don't increase the representation of others by reducing existing representation. You simply add to the total.

However, what I was addressing was your comment on their being a small group. This implies that even if they are wrong, you'll ignore it based on their size. That too, is a wrong stance.
You can’t take all groups equally seriously, that would drive you crazy so yes, I would ignore them, not based just on size but on their ability to cause damage.

You can’t take all groups equally seriously, that would drive you crazy so yes, I would ignore them, not based just on size but on their ability to cause damage.

Mod Edit - no flaming in CDZ

The Students specifically called for REMOVAL of white authors.

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks for making up so many things about me!
Just one thing: you have never read african literature. Are you saying you have? No. So, you have nothing to complain about.

What African lit have you read?

What would you recommend, and why?

City of God by Augustine of Hippo is considered to be classical African literature. Hippo is an African city.
But it is NOT literature of western civilization.

Don't confuse world history with the study of western civilization.

Straight, white males represent significantly less than 50% of the population.

Students ask that straight, white, male autors constitute no more than 50% of the required reading so as to end the long-standing tradition of straight, white, male over-representation.

Yeah, but whites are the only good writers and scholars. Have you READ some of the awful stuff coming from these marginal types? I have. Not productive.

I think it is happening --- because if you remove half the whites from the curriculum you also remove all the textbooks they write, and nobody buys them. That's book banning. Indeed, that's what these types want: certain authors and books BANNED.

Who cares, if they were consistent they'd have to disband the entire university, and the English language along with it.

In practice, they don't mind their "white privilidge" or "white education", and seem rather to take pride in it.

This Is just more of the critical theory cult, which I believe may be nearing the end of its lifespan, given how insane and absurd it is, effectively just a form of cultural anarchy.

Straight, white males represent significantly less than 50% of the population.

Students ask that straight, white, male autors constitute no more than 50% of the required reading so as to end the long-standing tradition of straight, white, male over-representation.

Cue the straight, white, male whining about, wait for it, racism against straight, white males.

The simple fact is that straight white males have produced most of the canonical works.

Lowering standards to meet racial and sexual quotas demeans all of those who strive to produce the greatest works.
"Race" or physical traits are just genetically consequential.

Culture, not race, is the overriding factor in history, whether black, white or Asian, but some racists and ignoramuses just refuse to accept this fact. Their entire theory or cult is based on an easily debunable lie and dishonesty

City of God by Augustine of Hippo is considered to be classical African literature. Hippo is an African city.
But it is NOT literature of western civilization.
Are you serious?

Saint Augustine has nothing to do with Western Civilization?
You mean the ROMAN Aurelius Hipponensis? He wasn't African. There are paintings of what He looked like. He was Roman.

Augustine was a citizen of the multicultural Roman Empire, but he was also a native of Africa. The painters who did his portrait used Eurotrash models that looked like them. I think it would be more accurate to think he looked like James Kamala Harris from Uganda, Africa or perhaps Abdullah the Butcher from Khartoum, Sudan, Africa.

Augustine was a citizen of the multicultural Roman Empire, but he was also a native of Africa. The painters who did his portrait used Eurotrash models that looked like them. I think it would be more accurate to think he looked like James Kamala Harris from Uganda, Africa or perhaps Abdullah the Butcher from Khartoum, Sudan, Africa.
My guess he was Berber like most of the people in North Africa back then outside of a few Greek cities.

You mean the ROMAN Aurelius Hipponensis? He wasn't African. There are paintings of what He looked like. He was Roman.

Augustine of Hippo (/ɔːˈɡʌstɪn/; 13 November 354 – 28 August 430 AD)[22] was a Roman African, early Christian theologian and Neoplatonic philosopher from Numidia whose writings influenced the development of the Western Church and Western philosophy, and indirectly all of Western Christianity. He was the bishop of Hippo Regius in North Africa and is viewed as one of the most important Church Fathers of the Latin Church for his writings in the Patristic Period. Among his most important works are The City of God, De doctrina Christiana, and Confessions.

Gerard_Seghers_%28attr%29_-_The_Four_Doctors_of_the_Western_Church%2C_Saint_Augustine_of_Hippo_%28354%E2%80%93430%29.jpg

And I honestly do not care if he was black or not.

It is racism.

But it’s important to note that this is a fringe group. There have always been fringe groups on campus make silly demands such as this one, and there always will be.

At this rate all Racist groups are fringe in the United States.

My guess he was Berber like most of the people in North Africa back then outside of a few Greek cities.

It is worth noting that the Romans were really big on colonizing. Plenty of people moved away from Rome and were still ROMAN, in every sense of the word, except geography.

The English have a term for "not quite white"--------like JOOOS and Hindooos and-----middle easterners------THEY IS "BROWN PEOPLE"

When I was young the term I heard was "They're not our kind of folks." :smile:

AIN'T NO DEIFFERENCE BETWEEN DA BRAINS of this or that
""""""""RACE"""""""

Sure looks like there's a lot of difference, considering the wide difference in behavior and accomplishment.

Considering what big differences there are in racial appearance on so many levels outside, and health issues inside, I find it hard to see why people are so determined to pretend there is no intelligence difference, especially considering the horrific behavior problems. If there can be differences in skin, noses, lips, height, diabetes, heart, blood disease, etc. ---- why not brain function?

Forum List

Back