Student found guilty for outing Homosexual,who commited suicide.

Why did Rutgers University house a gay male with a heterosexual male as a roommate in the first place?

Don't they have any organization to insure that gays are not put into such a situation?

Granted, the convicted roommate should never have posted men kissing online, but it goes back to the origin: why place people in a position in housing in which they are likely to get into trouble?

There were no photos of the roommate posted anywhere by the guy you think was found guilty of posting photos of his roommate.

Intent is a large part of our legal systems rulings,you intend to do harm you can find yourself in trouble.

What was the intent? The guy didn't out anyone, didn't post any photos, didn't record any video, and didn't do a lot of other things everyone thinks he did.

In this instance the "STUDENT" is the defendant, the "Homosexual" the VICTIM.

The jury?? testimony from witnesses?? he taped him without his consent??

A lot of people leave remote viewing computer web cams on in their homes and apartment
as a means to deter thieves and other criminal activity. Who is to say it was to specifically
record his roomate?
The intent, as far as I am concerned , was not really proven.
The Jury should still be deliberating on this case.
The roommate invited people into watch the webcame with him the day before Tyler jumped off the bridge at the time of another rendezvous.

I'm so sorry for two surviving families for this sad event. One lost a son. The other is going to lose a son to prison walls.

Did not happen.

We had a Rutgers University student convicted today for video taping a Homosexual roomate
engaging in a homosexual act with another male. The homosexual student eventually committed suicide by jumping off the George Washington Bridge.

Outing homosexuals is not a crime in countries were sodomy is a crime.
If you are engaging in an act , that would cause you to commit suicide, then
something has got to be wrong with that person, even before he was video taped, and
outed. This is my point.

What is the sense of destroying two lives, because of this sick persons sexual perversion.?

Link so I can see what he was charged with?

Charged with invasion of privacy, and Bias intimidation, which carries a penalty of 10 years
in the State of New Jersey.
I am sorry that the Homosexual felt he had to commit suicide, but sodomy is a crime in many countries in and of itself.!
No one should have to commit suicide.

So now we have something called "bias intimidation"?

oh good lord.

Why did Rutgers University house a gay male with a heterosexual male as a roommate in the first place?

Don't they have any organization to insure that gays are not put into such a situation?

Granted, the convicted roommate should never have posted men kissing online, but it goes back to the origin: why place people in a position in housing in which they are likely to get into trouble?

There were no photos of the roommate posted anywhere by the guy you think was found guilty of posting photos of his roommate.
First, no one outed anyone, the guy was openly gay.
Second, no one taped anything.

The DEFENDANT used a web cam, yes. The Defendant was "just watching".

First, no one outed anyone, the guy was openly gay.
Second, no one taped anything.

The DEFENDANT used a web cam, yes. The Defendant was "just watching".

Watching a kiss for 4 seconds is bias intimidation?

Victim of what?

Its a college prank that i can see them all doing to a room mate. Gay or not......
Using a web cam to view others sexual activities is considered a crime in most states I HOPE.

It is..... that is not my point.

This is being called "different" or "worse" becasue he was gay..... and he killed himself. Sheesh... they even have a word or it... "bias intimidation"

Do you really think this would have has a second though it was a straight room mate with his girlfriend?

This is being called "different" or "worse" becasue he was gay..... and he killed himself. Sheesh... they even have a word or it... "bias intimidation"

Do you really think this would have has a second though it was a straight room mate with his girlfriend?

Peach.... do you know how to use the quote system? When you want to respond to someone... instead of cutting and pasting.... just hit the quote button at the bottom right of someones post. :)

Were you ever in college? This is nothing to what frat boys and girls get up to....... nothing.

Thank you. I'm inside with what my doctor calks a "touch of" the flu. If this is a touch, I don't want a handshake.

The quote click comes up as "advanced" I'll just type in quotation marks to make posts clearer.

The quote click comes up as "advanced" I'll just type in quotation marks to make posts clearer.

Advanced is the same as as a regular post hun. Your posting style is very hard to follow.....when you quote someone ....and it is not in a quote. :)

We had a Rutgers University student convicted today for video taping a Homosexual roomate
engaging in a homosexual act with another male. The homosexual student eventually committed suicide by jumping off the George Washington Bridge.

Outing homosexuals is not a crime in countries were sodomy is a crime.
If you are engaging in an act , that would cause you to commit suicide, then
something has got to be wrong with that person, even before he was video taped, and
outed. This is my point.

What is the sense of destroying two lives, because of this sick persons sexual perversion.?

Homosexuality is not a ‘perversion.’

And the issue isn’t about homosexuality, it concerns hate and hate crimes against minorities, the same hate you exhibit and advocate.

No one should be taping someone in the privacy of their own home without previous permission.

They shared the same dorm apartment !, and people leave computer web cams on all the
time in their homes and apartments as a means to deter crime.
Homosexuality is considered to be a crime on many countries.!!

Doesn't matter. A person has an expectation of privacy in their own home. Even if it was recorded accidentally, it should have immediately been erased, without showing ANYONE!!

Forum List

Back