Student found guilty for outing Homosexual,who commited suicide.

Link so I can see what he was charged with?

Charged with invasion of privacy, and Bias intimidation, which carries a penalty of 10 years
in the State of New Jersey.
I am sorry that the Homosexual felt he had to commit suicide, but sodomy is a crime in many countries in and of itself.!
No one should have to commit suicide.

So now we have something called "bias intimidation"?

oh good lord.

I guess it's the opposite of "favored intimidation". :confused:

Victim of what?

When someone texts everyone else to watch you unawares, on a live stream video, rises to occasion

The sickening part in this crime is the sympathy for the criminal instead of the victim! If the bleeding hearts want this convict released on house arrest, they should volunteer a room at their homes, and watch out for themselves and family members. THIS immigrant is damned sure ILLEGAL now.

Mr. Ravi will be a guest of the state for a few years.

Juror in Ravi case speaks about experience - Video | NJ.com

video: Juror in Ravi case speaks about experience

No one can really say that the student who outed the homosexual, intended to do the homosexual student harm. They were roomates. One just happened to be a closeted homosexual.

The jury?? testimony from witnesses?? he taped him without his consent??

A lot of people leave remote viewing computer web cams on in their homes and apartment
as a means to deter thieves and other criminal activity. Who is to say it was to specifically
record his roomate?
The intent, as far as I am concerned , was not really proven.
The Jury should still be deliberating on this case.

His lawyer should be strung up for his piss poor case. All the defense had to say is that he had been missing some personal property and left the recording equipment running to gather evidence.

A lot of people leave remote viewing computer web cams on in their homes and apartment
as a means to deter thieves and other criminal activity. Who is to say it was to specifically
record his roomate?

His lawyer should be strung up for his piss poor case. All the defense had to say is that he had been missing some personal property and left the recording equipment running to gather evidence.

idiot, that is what he thought too.

should have plea bargained.

if he only left a camera on the other kid would not have killed himself and he would not be facing jail time. but he did more than that.

sucks to be so convinced when you're as stupid as you are

http://videos.nj.com/star-ledger/2012/03/juror_in_ravi_case_speaks_abou.html

Last edited:
No one can really say that the student who outed the homosexual, intended to do the homosexual student harm. They were roomates. One just happened to be a closeted homosexual.

record his roomate?

oh the intent was proven .

problem is he wasn't on an internet bulletin board where he could get away with silly reasoning and a group of nitwits like you to back him up.

should have taken the plea deal, but he was a smart guy on the web

http://videos.nj.com/star-ledger/2012/03/juror_in_ravi_case_speaks_abou.html

More on a victim of violent crime:

Matthew’s Story | Matthew's Place

It was not a "violent" crime.

The horrific events that took place shortly after midnight on October 7, 1998 went against everything that Matthew embodied. Two men, Aaron McKinney and Russell Henderson, lead him to a remote area east of Laramie where they demonstrated unimaginable acts of hate. Matthew was tied to a split-rail fence where he was beaten and left to die in the cold of the night. Almost 18 hours later he was found by a cyclist who initially mistook him for a scarecrow.
Matthew died on October 12 at 12:53 am at a hospital in Fort Collins, Colorado. His entire family was by his side for the last few days of his life. His funeral was attended by friends and family from around the world and gained the appropriate media attention that brought Matthew’s story to the forefront of the fight against hate.

The horrific events that took place shortly after midnight on October 7, 1998 went against everything that Matthew embodied. Two men, Aaron McKinney and Russell Henderson, lead him to a remote area east of Laramie where they demonstrated unimaginable acts of hate. Matthew was tied to a split-rail fence where he was beaten and left to die in the cold of the night. Almost 18 hours later he was found by a cyclist who initially mistook him for a scarecrow.
Matthew died on October 12 at 12:53 am at a hospital in Fort Collins, Colorado. His entire family was by his side for the last few days of his life. His funeral was attended by friends and family from around the world and gained the appropriate media attention that brought Matthew’s story to the forefront of the fight against hate.

we are talking about different things....my bad.

we are talking about different things....my bad.

I wrote that America cannot accept any more hate crimes against gay Americans, Shepard do no one any harm, he was kidnapped, tortured and murdered. His parents' site tells the full story of his promising life life cut sort by Danny Rollins/Ted Bundy style psychopaths.

We had a Rutgers University student convicted today for video taping a Homosexual roomate
engaging in a homosexual act with another male. The homosexual student eventually committed suicide by jumping off the George Washington Bridge.

Outing homosexuals is not a crime in countries were sodomy is a crime.
If you are engaging in an act , that would cause you to commit suicide, then
something has got to be wrong with that person, even before he was video taped, and
outed. This is my point.

What is the sense of destroying two lives, because of this sick persons sexual perversion.?

The guilty party is east Indian. He is here on a study visa. He was offered a plea deal consisting of probation, 600 hours of community service, and no deportation, but they couldn't promise on the deportation issue as that was a federal issue out of their hands. He turned down a sweet deal. Now he looks at 10 years in the slammer. And deportation. A jury trial was his choice.

Last edited:
We had a Rutgers University student convicted today for video taping a Homosexual roomate
engaging in a homosexual act with another male. The homosexual student eventually committed suicide by jumping off the George Washington Bridge.

Outing homosexuals is not a crime in countries were sodomy is a crime.
If you are engaging in an act , that would cause you to commit suicide, then
something has got to be wrong with that person, even before he was video taped, and
outed. This is my point.

What is the sense of destroying two lives, because of this sick persons sexual perversion.?
Homosexuality is not a ‘perversion.’

And the issue isn’t about homosexuality, it concerns hate and hate crimes against minorities, the same hate you exhibit and advocate.

I guess whether homosexuality is perverted or not depends on how you define normal.

By the way, it wasn't about hate either, despite what you read in the paper.

No matter how you look at it, it was wrong.

When someone texts everyone else to watch you unawares, on a live stream video, rises to occasion

I would agree, if that ever happened. Thing is, it didn't.

The VICTIM is deceased, the DEFENDANT convicted of 15 counts, I have read. The CONVICT was unusually interested in the victim. Along with spying, he sent text messages/emails about THE VICTIM's sex life to fellow sickos. A potentially dangerous criminal; he could next become obsessed with a straight female; then perhaps the CRIMINAL will not be referred to as a "STUDENT" and the victim a faceless "Homosexual". If the CONVICT gets a few years at a state CI, perhaps his desire to commit crimes will lesson. 5 years+ picking up trash, scrubbing commodes in a medium security facility would be appropriate.

Sympathy for the Defendant is scary; the victim is brushed off while the concern is for the criminal. As for the school placing them in the same rooms, the victim could not a sociopath would placed in his living area. The convict may be deported, but the State should not allow him to return to INDIA until he has served his sentence.

These country cannot let dirt bags like the Defendant do as they please to decent Americans like the victim; Matthew Shepard (sp.) died because of scum like the convict.

Somebody is definitely dead, I won't argue with that. The thing is, what you have read is inaccurate. What they found him guilty of was invasion of privacy that, through circumstances totally outside the control, or intent, of the guy who supposedly committed hate crime. In other words, he committed a hate crime without hating anyone.

They also managed to conclude that Ravi both knew, and at the same time didn't know, that what he was doing would make his roommate feel intimidated.

• Invasion of Privacy with the purpose to intimidate Tyler Clementi because of sexual orientation: ACQUITTED
• Invasion of Privacy with the purpose to intimidate M.B. because of sexual orientation: ACQUITTED
• Invasion of Privacy, knowing that the conduct constituting invasion of privacy would cause Tyler Clementi to be intimidated because of sexual orientation: ACQUITTED
• Invasion of Privacy, knowing that the conduct constituting invasion of privacy would cause M.B. to be intimidated because of sexual orientation: ACQUITTED
• Invasion of Privacy, under circumstances that caused Tyler Clementi to be intimidated, and considering the manner in which the offense was committed, Clementi reasonably believed that he was selected to be the target of the offense because of sexual orientation: GUILTY

Live coverage: Dharun Ravi found guilty on most counts in webcam spying trial verdict | NJ.com

There is no way most of this is going to hold up under scrutiny, which leaves the tampering with evidence and witness intimidation charges. I feel sympathy with Ravi because this is the perfect example of exactly what I have been saying is wrong with hate crime laws.

"I had just glanced over my shoulder and I noticed there was a webcam that was faced toward the direction of the bed," the man testified, later noting there was no light indicating it was on. "Just being in a compromising position and seeing a camera lens — it just stuck out to me."

Man in Rutgers Video Stream Says He Noticed Webcam - ABC News

What about that shows that anyone was watching? The actual evidence that came out at trial made quite clear that the video was watched by 1 person for less than 5 seconds, was never recorded, and was not part of some group invitation for everyone to watch. The next time they were in the room they actually turned the computer off.

He was not a victim of violent crime. He suicided. No case has ever been won that tried to convict a person of murder when the deceased suicided. The intervening factor is the deceased's own choice. He did not have to kill himself. He was not murdered. He was not a victim of violent crime.

Syrenn, Shepard was TORTURED and BEATEN to death.( The new al Qaeda in America, heinous murders are part of their FAITH.)

Shepard was robbed, not tortured. It had nothing whatever to do with his sexuality. the prosecutor and all the police agree about that, but a few idiots made it into something it wasn't to score political points.

The VICTIM is deceased, the DEFENDANT convicted of 15 counts, I have read. The CONVICT was unusually interested in the victim. Along with spying, he sent text messages/emails about THE VICTIM's sex life to fellow sickos. A potentially dangerous criminal; he could next become obsessed with a straight female; then perhaps the CRIMINAL will not be referred to as a "STUDENT" and the victim a faceless "Homosexual". If the CONVICT gets a few years at a state CI, perhaps his desire to commit crimes will lesson. 5 years+ picking up trash, scrubbing commodes in a medium security facility would be appropriate.

Sympathy for the Defendant is scary; the victim is brushed off while the concern is for the criminal. As for the school placing them in the same rooms, the victim could not a sociopath would placed in his living area. The convict may be deported, but the State should not allow him to return to INDIA until he has served his sentence.

These country cannot let dirt bags like the Defendant do as they please to decent Americans like the victim; Matthew Shepard (sp.) died because of scum like the convict.

Somebody is definitely dead, I won't argue with that. The thing is, what you have read is inaccurate. What they found him guilty of was invasion of privacy that, through circumstances totally outside the control, or intent, of the guy who supposedly committed hate crime. In other words, he committed a hate crime without hating anyone.

They also managed to conclude that Ravi both knew, and at the same time didn't know, that what he was doing would make his roommate feel intimidated.

• Invasion of Privacy with the purpose to intimidate Tyler Clementi because of sexual orientation: ACQUITTED
• Invasion of Privacy with the purpose to intimidate M.B. because of sexual orientation: ACQUITTED
• Invasion of Privacy, knowing that the conduct constituting invasion of privacy would cause Tyler Clementi to be intimidated because of sexual orientation: ACQUITTED
• Invasion of Privacy, knowing that the conduct constituting invasion of privacy would cause M.B. to be intimidated because of sexual orientation: ACQUITTED
• Invasion of Privacy, under circumstances that caused Tyler Clementi to be intimidated, and considering the manner in which the offense was committed, Clementi reasonably believed that he was selected to be the target of the offense because of sexual orientation: GUILTY

Live coverage: Dharun Ravi found guilty on most counts in webcam spying trial verdict | NJ.com

There is no way most of this is going to hold up under scrutiny, which leaves the tampering with evidence and witness intimidation charges. I feel sympathy with Ravi because this is the perfect example of exactly what I have been saying is wrong with hate crime laws.

Do a little more research. They tried to give the guy a plea deal which I listed below. He turned it down. Hell, the prosecutors did everything they could to help the guy. But, no, he had to have his day in court. Now, he's had his day in court.

Syrenn, Shepard was TORTURED and BEATEN to death.( The new al Qaeda in America, heinous murders are part of their FAITH.)

Shepard was robbed, not tortured. It had nothing whatever to do with his sexuality. the prosecutor and all the police agree about that, but a few idiots made it into something it wasn't to score political points.

Her handle is 'Peach.' It's no wonder she is always a little fuzzy on the facts! :lol:

New Topics

Forum List

Back