ST's BP Rantings

What scum this limeys are. I guess they never got over the waxing they got at the Battle of New Orleans.

BP told to stop circulating settlement agreements with coastal Alabamians | al.com

Don't forget the Dutch. They own it too. What a stupid wanker you are! :lol:

And 29,000 of their employees are American. This whole 'limeys' thing is just pig ignorance.

LOL! You fucks will just invent things to bitch about when you have nothing of substance to offer! I never said BP INTERNATIONAL didn't have employees around the world, and its quite obvious to me they are owned not just by the limeys, because I own some shares of BP. Would you like to buy them?

Their CEO is a limey fuck.

Last edited:
And you know what would solve this problem?

Alternative fuel sources, and environmental legislations

Now, who was it that has been promoting these?

Must have been Sarah Palin and the Tea Party...

...God, that Al Gore is such a "whack job", right?

Drill baby Drill, til you spill, baby spill!

What alternative fuel source do you have to replace fossil fuels?

We can start with all the petroleum engineers. They're full of so many fat lies they will probably burn for decades.

BTW, what's your plan for when oil runs out?

So, what we have here are - basically - suspicions about how BP may behave. And I suspect that neither Spiderman or bedecea have any actual 'facts' on which to rest any accusation.

Uhh, no. Its factually true that BP attempted to buy of Alabama fisherman with a measly 5k, and the Alabama AG was so insulted, he told them to stop doing it. But hey - the facts aren't on your side - so ignore them. Go ahead and pretend it isn't true.

How is accepting responsibility and offering a settlement to avoid law school make them scum or insult them in any way?

So, what we have here are - basically - suspicions about how BP may behave. And I suspect that neither Spiderman or bedecea have any actual 'facts' on which to rest any accusation.

Uhh, no. Its factually true that BP attempted to buy of Alabama fisherman with a measly 5k, and the Alabama AG was so insulted, he told them to stop doing it. But hey - the facts aren't on your side - so ignore them. Go ahead and pretend it isn't true.

How is accepting responsibility and offering a settlement to avoid law school make them scum or insult them in any way?

Offering to throw small change at someone whose livelihood you just destroyed does not constitute "accepting responsibility". It actually the complete opposite.

5,000 bucks wouldn't even clean up your yard if you lived on the beach.

Personally? I hope BP gets raked over the coals. 500,000 dollars for a sonic shutoff valve is looking a whole lot cheaper than what they're going to have to pay in damages.

Bush Jr. and Cheney should not have lifted the restrictions on off shore drilling. Personally? I thought it was a bad idea when it was first proposed a few years back, because I had a feeling something like this would happen.

Too bad my uneasy feeling came true. And many people said there was nothing wrong with it, because (according to them), they had all the safeguards in place.

Oops, I guess they missed one.

Offering to throw small change at someone whose livelihood you just destroyed does not constitute "accepting responsibility". It actually the complete opposite.

Yea, it's a devious and cunning plan by the Brits to destroy the USA. Grow the fuck up. It was an accident. Accidents happen. You're pathetic.

And 29,000 of their employees are American. This whole 'limeys' thing is just pig ignorance.

LOL! You fucks will just invent things to bitch about when you have nothing of substance to offer! I never said BP INTERNATIONAL didn't have employees around the world, and its quite obvious to me they are owned not just by the limeys, because I own some shares of BP. Would you like to buy them?

Lol! You know something. Rearrange the letters in your nick and you get 'A stumped brain'. How fucking appropriate is that, you ignorant twat!

Whose livelihood has been destroyed? Can you name them please?

Tell you what............for idiots like Cali Twit, lemmie ask ya something.........

Someone is having a barbecue on a windy day. The grill blows over, and the charcoal ends up blowing into your house and burns it down to the ground.

Are you going to accept a paltry sum of 5,000 from them so that you won't sue?

If you say no, then you're an idiot for stating that BP is taking responsibility.

Yea, it's a devious and cunning plan by the Brits to destroy the USA. Grow the fuck up. It was an accident. Accidents happen. You're pathetic.

I've never heard of an accidental contract offer! That's a new one! "Whoops, we didn't mean to spit in your face by offering you a carefully worded legal document designed to save us millions at your expense! Sometimes these contractual offers just happen, you know how it goes!"

"Sources", not "source".

Solar, Wind, Nuclear, and Bloom Boxes. Electric Cars powered by charges from these sources sure would help.

Not buying Hummers and big-ass SUV's would also help.

What scum this limeys are. I guess they never got over the waxing they got at the Battle of New Orleans.

BP told to stop circulating settlement agreements with coastal Alabamians | al.com

Amazing how well you reinforce your first post.

BP invest billions of dollars into the US. Their CEO is a businessman, and a highly respected one. BP are a highly respected company. It was an accident. They are accepting responsibility for the clean up. No doubt they'll be paying substantial sums in compensation in years to come. I fail to see what the hysteria is about - other than left wing hatred of business.

We can start with all the petroleum engineers. They're full of so many fat lies they will probably burn for decades.

BTW, what's your plan for when oil runs out?

I'd like to see how far you get with a petroleum engineer in your fuel tank.

We will not run out of oil. I've been hearing that same BS my entire life, in the 80's they said we'd run out of oil in 15 years. Well we didn't.

"Estimates of the world's oil reserves have risen faster than production."

Oil is a nonrenewable resource. Every gallon of petroleum burned today is unavailable for use by future generations. Over the past 150 years, geologists and other scientists often have predicted that our oil reserves would run dry within a few years. When oil prices rise for an extended period, the news media fill with dire warnings that a crisis is upon us. Environmentalists argue that governments must develop new energy technologies that do not rely on fossil fuels. The facts contradict these harbingers of doom:

•World oil production continued to increase through the end of the 20th century.
•Prices of gasoline and other petroleum products, adjusted for inflation, are lower than they have been for most of the last 150 years.
•Estimates of the world's total endowment of oil have increased faster than oil has been taken from the ground.

How is this possible? We have not run out of oil because new technologies increase the amount of recoverable oil, and market prices - which signal scarcity - encourage new exploration and development. Rather than ending, the Oil Age has barely begun.

Are We Running Out of Oil? | Publications | National Center for Policy Analysis | NCPA

Whose livelihood has been destroyed? Can you name them please?
Kenny LeFebvre is one of them.

HOPEDALE, La. — When Kenny LeFebvre is out of work, so are the two men who help him haul glistening blue crabs from the waters he's fished since he quit school at 14. So are his sister and brother-in-law, who sell him bait, buy back the catch, pack it up, then resell it to buyers who put it on dinner tables in Maryland.

And so are thousands of other families just like theirs in some of the world's richest fishing grounds, livelihoods in limbo as winds from exactly the wrong direction — the southeast — threaten to push an oil slick the size of Puerto Rico ever closer to the fragile, fingerlike bayous.

The Associated Press: Oil in the Gulf has countless livelihoods in limbo

I don't think that anyone is suggesting that this was a plan by the Brits to destroy the USA. It WAS an accident. No doubt. But their lack of foresight and willingness to forego relatively inexpensive safety measures in order to maximize THEIR bottom line made that accident infinitely worse. If this ends up destroying BP and they have to give every last dime of their corporate assets in order to fix this mess, so be it. I actually kind of hope this DOES ruin that company and sends a message to all the other oil companies to get their shit together. pronto.

No doubt they'll be paying substantial sums in compensation in years to come. I fail to see what the hysteria is about - other than left wing hatred of business.

Wow. Just wow. You clearly have no clue what this thread is even about.

I fail to see how being pro-fisherman makes me anti-business. You do realize that commercial fisherman have businesses, too, right? Or do they just not count because they aren't big enough to destroy entire coastlines?

"Sources", not "source".

Solar, Wind, Nuclear, and Bloom Boxes. Electric Cars powered by charges from these sources sure would help.

Not buying Hummers and big-ass SUV's would also help.

What about tractor trailor rigs? Pickup trucks? Trains? Buses? Airplanes? All these gonna run on a battery that hasn't been invented yet?

Seems like if you ended fossil fuel technology, you'd have even more bigger problems.

Face the fact that fossil fuel has been the most effective form of fuel for mobilizing the world.

Speaking of pathetic idiots, how's tricks Cali Twat?

You DO realize that this accident COULD HAVE BEEN LESS if BP would have installed a sonic shutoff valve, right? You also realize they made 5.6 BILLION in profit for the first quarter, and decided to skimp on the shutoff valve because it was 500,000, right?

Big business was cutting corners to increase their profit margin. Same thing happened with the miners that got killed in that explosion.

Big business with no regard for procedure and safety is dangerous. The restrictions that were in place BEFORE Bush Jr. took office need to be reinstated.

Forum List

Back