ST's BP Rantings

Actually an example of why lawyers are needed when dealing with corporations.
And an example of why corporate attorneys are scum. I have a feeling that if BP had run this by their public relations department first, it wouldn't have happened.

And an example of why corporate attorneys are scum. I have a feeling that if BP had run this by their public relations department first, it wouldn't have happened.

I bet they ran it by their Insurance Dept.....sounds like what they'd do.

So, what we have here are - basically - suspicions about how BP may behave. And I suspect that neither Spiderman or bedecea have any actual 'facts' on which to rest any accusation.

It's laughable. Really. You guys are a joke, with your 'I have a feeling' and 'sounds like what they'd do'.... because, in fact, neither of you have the faintest idea about it. Still, don't let a lack of information stop you from forming your opinions - no matter how ridiculous.

Why are they scum for doing it? Is a BP hitman delivering the proposals with a gun to peoples' heads forcing them to accept it?

What scum this limeys are. I guess they never got over the waxing they got at the Battle of New Orleans.
Alabama Attorney General Troy King said tonight that he has told representatives of BP Plc. that they should stop circulating settlement agreements among coastal Alabamians.

The agreements, King said, essentially require that people give up the right to sue in exchange for payment of up to $5,000.

BP told to stop circulating settlement agreements with coastal Alabamians | al.com

Standard procedure. You would do the same.

What scum this limeys are. I guess they never got over the waxing they got at the Battle of New Orleans.
Alabama Attorney General Troy King said tonight that he has told representatives of BP Plc. that they should stop circulating settlement agreements among coastal Alabamians.

The agreements, King said, essentially require that people give up the right to sue in exchange for payment of up to $5,000.

BP told to stop circulating settlement agreements with coastal Alabamians | al.com

They tore a page out of the Bush Admin's playbook. What's the problem?

Only eight posts! We have a winner!!

I wonder if Godwin will add Bush to his "law..."

I've been capping wells for over 25 years, I spent almost two years putting out well fires in Iraq and Kuwait, I believe I am a hell of a lot more knowledgable on this subject than you are. Your suggestion is pure fantasy, there is no device that can be guaranteed to work perfectly everytime, if there was such a device it would already be in use. As for as my input on this matter, when BP calls and ask for advice I will oblige them. Fact is oil rigs are safer than the transport tankers that haul the oil. Most blowouts on rigs don't produce a major release.

With over 800 offshore oil rigs currently in the Gulf having one blowout is not good, but overall the percentages of offshore oil rigs that have major releases are small. Hell even your boy Obama said, "It turns out, by the way, that oil rigs today generally don’t cause spills. They are technologically very advanced. Even during Katrina, the spills didn’t come from the oil rigs, they came from the refineries onshore."

Todays fantasy is tommorows invention. Thats what I do. There is no ACCEPTABLE percentage of spills at this magnatude. If you cannot agree to that premise then your input is indeed worthless ...your 25 years not withstanding.Rather than poo poo someones attemp at brain storming the problem why not jump in with ideas ...but no you just want to be a stupid little prick.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8lT1o0sDwI]YouTube - Animal House: Germans Bombed Pearl Harbor[/ame]

Just your suggestion "for an ultimate no fail back up plan", does nothing to brainstorm the problem. You need to detail your so-called "no fail back up plan". What type of device is it? Has it been approved by the American Society for Testing and Materials?

You remind of those people against the new Arizona law. When asked what they would do they say we need a "comprehensive immigration reform" which means absolutely nothing.

My bad...I thought you texans had big balls.

Big solutions to big problems.... You didn't like my suggestion of two mothballed carriers retrofitted with positioning thrusters? Check out how they built the new Tacoma narrows bridge in 10 mph currents. Big barges with thrusters to keep position..then poured casons from the barges. Depth of 5,000 feet means difficult capping or really big platforms to construct containment. I believe it could be done with a thousand foot diameter containment columbs laid down with concrete sections. If it could be done interlocking style the thing could be pumped out after completion into tankers and the depth wouldn't be an issue. Think big keemosabe'. It wouldn't have to be permanent. This method has been tried already in rivers and channels with high tides and viscious currents. The only difference I'm suggesting is a difference in scale. That's why the two carriers. Just build a connecting scaffolding strong enough to effectively make em into a catameran. That should be big enough to work off of.

I know too late for this one .....but if we are going to risk drilling in the future...yes...we need a fail safe system. Got a better idea?

Todays fantasy is tommorows invention. Thats what I do. There is no ACCEPTABLE percentage of spills at this magnatude. If you cannot agree to that premise then your input is indeed worthless ...your 25 years not withstanding.Rather than poo poo someones attemp at brain storming the problem why not jump in with ideas ...but no you just want to be a stupid little prick.

YouTube - Animal House: Germans Bombed Pearl Harbor

Just your suggestion "for an ultimate no fail back up plan", does nothing to brainstorm the problem. You need to detail your so-called "no fail back up plan". What type of device is it? Has it been approved by the American Society for Testing and Materials?

You remind of those people against the new Arizona law. When asked what they would do they say we need a "comprehensive immigration reform" which means absolutely nothing.

My bad...I thought you texans had big balls.

Big solutions to big problems.... You didn't like my suggestion of two mothballed carriers retrofitted with positioning thrusters? Check out how they built the new Tacoma narrows bridge in 10 mph currents. Big barges with thrusters to keep position..then poured casons from the barges. Depth of 5,000 feet means difficult capping or really big platforms to construct containment. I believe it could be done with a thousand foot diameter containment columbs laid down with concrete sections. If it could be done interlocking style the thing could be pumped out after completion into tankers and the depth wouldn't be an issue. Think big keemosabe'. It wouldn't have to be permanent. This method has been tried already in rivers and channels with high tides and viscious currents. The only difference I'm suggesting is a difference in scale. That's why the two carriers. Just build a connecting scaffolding strong enough to effectively make em into a catameran. That should be big enough to work off of.

I know too late for this one .....but if we are going to risk drilling in the future...yes...we need a fail safe system. Got a better idea?

When I see your mecahnical engineering degree I'll take you seriously, but until then.

pfffffft!

As I told you, there is no fail safe system that can be guaranteed to work perfectly. You will always have the one factor that causes more accidents than mecahnical failures and that is human error.

When was that well drilled and capped and when was acoustic switch technology available?

. The company acknowledged Friday that it had completed the final cementing of the oil well and pipe just 20 hours before the blowout last week.

Gulf oil spill: The Halliburton connection | Greenspace | Los Angeles Times

Thank you for putting this little tidbit up about the cement....guess what....the cement FAILED!!!!! That's where the majority of the oil is leaking from. The acoustic switch would have been USELESS.

I have a friend in the industry who's working over in the Gulf of Mexico. It was said the rig operators had a heated discussion about the cement where the drill pipe enters the sea floor. It appears that it failed thus negating any safety devices installed above it. That's why the minisubs COULDN'T CLOSE THE VALVE. It would appear that the cemented portion of the well cap failed and not only destroyed the blowout preventer but is allowing oil to leak out from below the now damaged cement.

Last edited:
I have a friend in the industry who's working over in the Gulf of Mexico. It was said the rig operators had a heated discussion about the cement where the drill pipe enters the sea floor. It appears that it failed thus negating any safety devices installed above it. That's why the minisubs COULDN'T CLOSE THE VALVE. It would appear that the cemented portion of the well cap failed and not only destroyed the blowout preventer but is allowing oil to leak out from below the now damaged cement.

Incident Facts:
More than 275,580 feet of boom (barrier) has been assigned to contain the spill. An additional 316,470 feet is available.

To date, the oil spill response team has recovered 23,968 barrels (1,006,656 gallons) of an oil-water mix.

68 response vessels are being used including skimmers, tugs, barges and recovery vessels.

142,914 gallons of dispersant have been deployed and an additional 68,300 gallons are available.

Six staging areas are in place and ready to protect sensitive shorelines. These areas include:

Biloxi, Miss., Pensacola, Fla. Venice, La., Pascagoula, Miss., Theodore, Ala., and Port Sulphur, La.
Weather conditions for May 1 - Winds from the southeast at 20 - 25 knots, 6 - 8 foot seas with chance of afternoon showers.

126 people were on the Deepwater Horizon drilling rig when the incident occurred. 11 remain unaccounted for; 17 were injured, 3 of them critically. 1 injured person remains in the hospital.

For the latest information visit Gulf of Mexico-Transocean Drilling Incident or follow us on Twitter at http://twitter.com/Oil_Spill_2010 or on Facebook at Deepwater Horizon Response.

So in other words - major fuckup on someone's part.

So, what we have here are - basically - suspicions about how BP may behave. And I suspect that neither Spiderman or bedecea have any actual 'facts' on which to rest any accusation.

Uhh, no. Its factually true that BP attempted to buy of Alabama fisherman with a measly 5k, and the Alabama AG was so insulted, he told them to stop doing it. But hey - the facts aren't on your side - so ignore them. Go ahead and pretend it isn't true.

Why are they scum for doing it? Is a BP hitman delivering the proposals with a gun to peoples' heads forcing them to accept it?

They're trying to buy people out on damages and most of the damages haven't even happened yet. BP has no idea how much oil will continue to flow out - yet the know how much damage it will cause? They're just trying to take advantage of people they probably figure are just a bunch of ignorant southerners instead of paying for the damage they've caused.

If you seriously can't see how that's fucked up, you should call the Alabama AG Troy King and ask him to explain it - he's a right wing nutbag like yourself so he should be able to put it in your terms.

Last edited:

Standard procedure. You would do the same.

Do you have a fucking crystal ball or something?

Within days of 9E the Bush Admin pushed legislation to offer government funds to victims' families in exchange for not suing the airlines. They tried to buy their silence. How is BP doing anything different? (you know...other than that whole taking taxpayer money to buy off silence for private companies)

Within days of 9E the Bush Admin pushed legislation to offer government funds to victims' families in exchange for not suing the airlines.
They tried to buy their silence. How is BP doing anything different? (you know...other than that whole taking taxpayer money to buy off silence for private companies)

Would be just as scummy were it not for the fact BP is trying to pay for damages that have no even happed yet.

That's like saying "Hey, lemme run into you with my car, and I'll pay you $5,000. I may kill you - or, you may walk away unharmed, or anything in between - either way, lets agree the damages are worth 5K. Oh, BTW, if you don't take the money, I'm going to run over you anyway, and give you nothing until you can get a lawyer to make me!"

Don't forget the Dutch. They own it too. What a stupid wanker you are! :lol:

And you know what would solve this problem?

Alternative fuel sources, and environmental legislations

Now, who was it that has been promoting these?

Must have been Sarah Palin and the Tea Party...

...God, that Al Gore is such a "whack job", right?

Drill baby Drill, til you spill, baby spill!

Don't forget the Dutch. They own it too. What a stupid wanker you are! :lol:

And 29,000 of their employees are American. This whole 'limeys' thing is just pig ignorance.

Forum List

Back