Strike for $15.00 an hour, Sub shop fires everybody

[

Joe might have been paid to work 70 hrs. but defiantly only worked much less like maybe 7
there is no way people like him are worth there salt .
He has no understanding that a job is the byproduct of a business and not the other way around.
No complaining union workers does. There are many good people who can advance in there skill or trade thru Deeds but collective bargaining holds them back--and were feasible the good ones branch off and start there own business.
I started as a Union construction worker in the 60's--went to war and came back to same career--(notice I said career something minimum wage advocates do not understand) back in Union and 4 years later started my own construction company.
I have recently retired and my 4 sons run the company. Trust me I had more than one disagreement with employee's that believe the business I started was there's.
Well my sons have not signed the new collective bargaining agreement because the construction business is so messed up right now there is no room for the unions greed--they want raises in this economy (avg worker get $40.00 per hr plus bennies)
If workers are worth their salt than right to work laws should be mandated by the federal government . And minimum wage would go away as you would get paid what you are worth.

Need this in schools also.

But here's the thing. WHY is the construction business so bad right now, dumbass?

Oh, could it be that after decades of union busting, outsourcing, not letting the minimum wage keep up with inflation, and so on, no one can afford to buy houses anymore? Especially when there are still so many foreclosed properties glutting the market...

Because dumb idiots really don't understand- CONSUMER DEMAND drives the economy, NOT the beneficience of business owners sniffing their own flatulence.

Answer to your question and straight to the point---Present government has no idea what to do to restart prosperity--unions aren't busted just not needed.
I submit consumer demand is at a all time high right now and government is in the way.

Yet you have found time to post 40,000 times on this message board in 2.5 years. Which comes to about 43 times a day. Amazing how much time you have for working 10 hours a day every day of the week.

I think you are full of it.

I spend about two hours a day mocking you right wing fools... which is easy, you guys do half the work for me by being incredibly stupid to start with.

But yeah, the 70 hour a week thing is spot on. Sorry.

More BS! It goes along with the BS that you are a Republican and on and on, you have been caught so many times making shit it, it isn't funny.

The only fool is you, when you have to lie all the time. Now get back to work! LOL!

Not my fault the GOP has been overcome by religious stupid, racist crazy and a bit of Stockholm syndrome.

I just figured out what was what, but folks like you stay stupid.

[

Answer to your question and straight to the point---Present government has no idea what to do to restart prosperity--unions aren't busted just not needed.
I submit consumer demand is at a all time high right now and government is in the way.

You can submit that, but it would be fucking retarded.

Sorry, man, I'm out there on the front lines. Job #2 that I'm going to leave for in about an hour is selling people a home improvement product they need, but most of them really can't afford it right now. Or at least they don't think they can afford it.

Every day driving to job #1, there were these unfinished McMansions they started on when the economy went bust and just left there... they sat unfinished for 5 years before work started on them again.

And, yeah, the fact that the good union job has vanished, is the problem.

We've probably generated enough wealth to put everyone back to work, but the fact is, 93% of the wealth created in the "recovery" has gone to the top 1%. That's just screwed up.

I spend about two hours a day mocking you right wing fools... which is easy, you guys do half the work for me by being incredibly stupid to start with.

But yeah, the 70 hour a week thing is spot on. Sorry.

More BS! It goes along with the BS that you are a Republican and on and on, you have been caught so many times making shit it, it isn't funny.

The only fool is you, when you have to lie all the time. Now get back to work! LOL!

Not my fault the GOP has been overcome by religious stupid, racist crazy and a bit of Stockholm syndrome.

I just figured out what was what, but folks like you stay stupid.

I'm stupid, how? I want less spending, less taxes, more freedom to make my own decisions. Health care has been a direct attack on the working middle class, they lies told by the Obama administration about health care have hurt the middle class, not the rich, the middle class. The changing Obamacare laws at the whim of President is unprecedented. The government being involved with any marriage is a joke, another scam to make them money. A President that ignored the illegal activities at the financial institutions, (notice how many of those bankers delivered money and vote to Obama, and the Chairman of GM a Republican got the boot.) and put the burden on the middle class. An administration printing money, devaluing the dollar, allowing the corporate fat cats the opportunity to cash in on the stock market, while the middle class, works harder and get a devalued dollar for their hard work.

Anyone that voted for Obama was and is stupid. He is a train wreck, he might have "inherited" the mess but he has done nothing to help this country, he is perpetuating the mess and moving down the line for the next President. Bush never handled the mess 80 plus years in the making, Clinton and Bush and Reagan,Carter, Ford, Nixon, Johnson, Kennedy, Eisenhower, Truman didn't fix it, all those in Congress for those years did nothing to fix, they all took an easy way out and brought us to 2008. Now, did we learn a lesson? Corporate America did, they tightened the purse strings, the government, nope! Just spend and spend, and layer upon layer problems with no fix and then you have the nerve to claim it is right wingers? It's so much deeper and complicated, it took both parties to get us in mess and will take some hard policies and decisions and tough Americans to get us out.

You are very dishonest on this board and you have the nerve to call others stupid? You are a bitter poor American that has to work two jobs because you elected leaders that have screwed you over. Not corporate America, American government, screwed you over and you are to ignorant and dumb to understand it, and then you call others stupid? That makes you stupid, a fool, an idiot and a stooge. Congrats.

Guy, I work 70 hours a week on two jobs. You guys are laughable..

And if no one was out there willing to buy what your selling, your labor, where would you be?

Face it your labor is the commodity you are selling. If your skills are not valuable enough to fetch a premium then it's up to you to acquire the skills that will.

BTW stuffing sandwich meat between two pieces of bread is not a valued skill.

again, works on the assumption that they are doing me a favor by hiring me, not that I am doing them one by working for them.

You're wrong on both counts.

You are both entering into a contract of your own free will. There is no favoritism at all.

The company offers a job you accept or decline or you offer your services to a company and they accept or decline.

It is no more complicated than that.

Seriously, I am honestly starting to think Conservatism has devolved into a form of Stockholm Syndrome. You guys are sympathizing with your abusers. I don't know if it's funny or sad.

Your analogy would only make sense if you were kidnapped and forced to work for someone.

Last time I checked any employee is only bound by any contractual obligation to an employer. If no such obligation exists any employee is free to stop working for anyone at any time.

Workers have a right to protest. Owners have a right to terminate workers. The lesson here is that everyone is replaceable.

quite right. And when the workers go to the polls and vote in new laws that the owners have to comply with, tough titties on them, eh?

Here's why I find all right wing argument on the minimum wage to be kind of stupid.

Back in the 1990's, when we had Clinton and 3.9% unemployment and the worst thing we had to worry about was if the President was lying about getting a blow job (instead of lying about why 5000 soldiers got killed in the desert) they were paying teenagers $2.00 over the minimum wage to take some of these same jobs. So the idea that paying their current workers a fair wage will "break the bank" is laughable.

According to the BLS private non farm workers in all sectors listed earn on average far above minimum wage.

Table B-3. Average hourly and weekly earnings of all employees on private nonfarm payrolls by industry sector, seasonally adjusted

As I said this entire argument is nothing but a diversion.

[

Joe might have been paid to work 70 hrs. but defiantly only worked much less like maybe 7
He has no understanding that a job is the byproduct of a business and not the other way around.
No complaining union workers does. There are many good people who can advance in there skill or trade thru Deeds but collective bargaining holds them back--and were feasible the good ones branch off and start there own business.
I started as a Union construction worker in the 60's--went to war and came back to same career--(notice I said career something minimum wage advocates do not understand) back in Union and 4 years later started my own construction company.
I have recently retired and my 4 sons run the company. Trust me I had more than one disagreement with employee's that believe the business I started was there's.
Well my sons have not signed the new collective bargaining agreement because the construction business is so messed up right now there is no room for the unions greed--they want raises in this economy (avg worker get $40.00 per hr plus bennies)
If workers are worth their salt than right to work laws should be mandated by the federal government . And minimum wage would go away as you would get paid what you are worth.

But here's the thing. WHY is the construction business so bad right now, dumbass?

Oh, could it be that after decades of union busting, outsourcing, not letting the minimum wage keep up with inflation, and so on, no one can afford to buy houses anymore? Especially when there are still so many foreclosed properties glutting the market...

Because dumb idiots really don't understand- CONSUMER DEMAND drives the economy, NOT the beneficience of business owners sniffing their own flatulence.

Actually paying non union labor makes construction more affordable not less.

[

I'm stupid, how? I want less spending, less taxes, more freedom to make my own decisions.

Yeah. "Freedom." SNicker....

[
Health care has been a direct attack on the working middle class, they lies told by the Obama administration about health care have hurt the middle class, not the rich, the middle class. The changing Obamacare laws at the whim of President is unprecedented.

No, it's called "being the executive branch". What is unprecedented is 4 years of obstruction at all levels by the GOP to the implementation of the law. The GOP got what it wanted. Instead of a single payer system that covered everyone, they got a state-run, private insurance system and lo and behold, when the states and the insurance companies messed it up, the President had to make adjustments.

The government being involved with any marriage is a joke, another scam to make them money.

Marriage is a legal institution. Government is invovled by default. Next lame argument, please.

[
A President that ignored the illegal activities at the financial institutions, (notice how many of those bankers delivered money and vote to Obama, and the Chairman of GM a Republican got the boot.) and put the burden on the middle class. An administration printing money, devaluing the dollar, allowing the corporate fat cats the opportunity to cash in on the stock market, while the middle class, works harder and get a devalued dollar for their hard work.

yeah, but which President ignored those illegal activities? That would be your boy Bush. Incidently, inflation is really only about 2% a year, it's hardly out of control. So that's really not much of an argument.

[
Anyone that voted for Obama was and is stupid. He is a train wreck, he might have "inherited" the mess but he has done nothing to help this country, he is perpetuating the mess and moving down the line for the next President. Bush never handled the mess 80 plus years in the making, Clinton and Bush and Reagan,Carter, Ford, Nixon, Johnson, Kennedy, Eisenhower, Truman didn't fix it, all those in Congress for those years did nothing to fix, they all took an easy way out and brought us to 2008. Now, did we learn a lesson? Corporate America did, they tightened the purse strings, the government, nope! Just spend and spend, and layer upon layer problems with no fix and then you have the nerve to claim it is right wingers? It's so much deeper and complicated, it took both parties to get us in mess and will take some hard policies and decisions and tough Americans to get us out.

No, you see, the real problem here is that the RightWingers insisted on cutting taxes without offering any cuts in spending. In fact, they INCREASED spending. Reagan doubled spending and tripled the national debt.

You see, Tax cuts really are a large part of the problem... You still get all the goodies of government and you don't have to pay for them. That makes big government MORE attractive, not less.

[
You are very dishonest on this board and you have the nerve to call others stupid? You are a bitter poor American that has to work two jobs because you elected leaders that have screwed you over. Not corporate America, American government, screwed you over and you are to ignorant and dumb to understand it, and then you call others stupid? That makes you stupid, a fool, an idiot and a stooge. Congrats.

No, guy government did not screw me over.

My previous employer did when they illegally fired me after I had medical issues, leaving me with a lot of medical debt and my next job only paid 75% of what my previous one did. And I consider myself lucky that I was far enough along in my career development that I was able to land a gig so quickly in the Great Recession, because honestly, I knew people who were out of work for years.

But I recognize that the reason why we are in such a mess is because one party - the GOP- decided that they worked for the rich.

But stupid fucks like you will continue to blame "government" when it tries to protect you from their abuses...

[

No, it doesn't, because no one can afford what is being sold, dumbass.

Henry Ford once said, "If my employees can't afford to buy the cars they are building,

the other thing you don't get is that labor is really a very small part of the pie. Materials, sales commissions, land value, are all much bigger factors.

What it costs to build a house really is far less than what the house is selling for. Which is why a house of the exact same design in Evanston, IL is going to cost a lot more than the same design in Justice, IL.

[q

Your analogy would only make sense if you were kidnapped and forced to work for someone.

Last time I checked any employee is only bound by any contractual obligation to an employer. If no such obligation exists any employee is free to stop working for anyone at any time.

Yup totally free to starve on the streets, that's like total freedom, man.

It would actually be more honest if they were holding a gun to my head.

No, it doesn't, because no one can afford what is being sold, dumbass.

Funny that statement. People buy shit all the time People buy homes all the time, people put additions on existing homes all the time.

Are you telling me that no one can afford these things unless they are in a union?

Henry Ford once said, "If my employees can't afford to buy the cars they are building,

the other thing you don't get is that labor is really a very small part of the pie. Materials, sales commissions, land value, are all much bigger factors

In general labor almost always equals the cost of materials. Land value is only an issue if you are using the value of the land as collateral. In most cases the hous and the land are counted in the value.

What it costs to build a house really is far less than what the house is selling for. Which is why a house of the exact same design in Evanston, IL is going to cost a lot more than the same design in Justice, IL.

You've never built a house have you?

regional variations aside if you build a house on spec you can expect to profit only about 8%- 10 %.

So it 's really not that much less. And if you are paying more for labor costs as in union everything then you'll either have to charge more or make less profit.

Have you ever employed union tradesmen? I have.

The idiot electrician wouldn't cut a piece of strapping so as to hang a light on the center line of a window so he hung them all off center because and I quote, "I don't cut strapping that's the carpenters job"

Where as my non union electrician did the job the right way even if he had to cut a 2 foot long piece of strapping so the light was installed correctly.

That is why union labor sucks.

Last edited:
[q

Yup totally free to starve on the streets, that's like total freedom, man.

It would actually be more honest if they were holding a gun to my head.

no one is stopping you from working as much as you need to to pay your bills.

I love in NY, a border state, building a house becomes far less expensive when using $5.00/hour Mexicans.
Perhaps homes in States that are not as inundated with cheap labor cost more to build.

As long as Obama is president there is a large portion of the movers and shakers of the world who refuse to deal with him and his people --as to when being called some non repeatable names and demonized by the likes of Obama. Winfrey,Jessie Jackson,BillMahre and other rich people basically insulted the RICH again and again.
Many have decided to sit it out till the environment changes..
Do you really think when an employee curses his boss that the boss is going to forget it--not in a dam site.

We've probably generated enough wealth to put everyone back to work, but the fact is, 93% of the wealth created in the "recovery" has gone to the top 1%. That's just screwed up.

This is true and all the insults in the world will not change this as the rich can start a Mansion and wait ten to 20 years to complete it after they have brought the likes of you to your knees.
Been done many times around the world and just because it is unfair and wrong there is nothing you can do about it so go along and either get rich or be satisfied with the slice of the pie you get.
All the bitchen and complaining and political moves will not change a thing it will only piss them off more and they will continue to make life more difficult for the smaller % and fools like you suffer.

I love in NY, a border state, building a house becomes far less expensive when using $5.00/hour Mexicans.
Perhaps homes in States that are not as inundated with cheap labor cost more to build.

I do not think you have hired Illegal's in New York as there pay starts at $15.00.

[

I'm stupid, how? I want less spending, less taxes, more freedom to make my own decisions.

Yeah. "Freedom." SNicker....

[
Health care has been a direct attack on the working middle class, they lies told by the Obama administration about health care have hurt the middle class, not the rich, the middle class. The changing Obamacare laws at the whim of President is unprecedented.

No, it's called "being the executive branch". What is unprecedented is 4 years of obstruction at all levels by the GOP to the implementation of the law. The GOP got what it wanted. Instead of a single payer system that covered everyone, they got a state-run, private insurance system and lo and behold, when the states and the insurance companies messed it up, the President had to make adjustments.

Marriage is a legal institution. Government is invovled by default. Next lame argument, please.

yeah, but which President ignored those illegal activities? That would be your boy Bush. Incidently, inflation is really only about 2% a year, it's hardly out of control. So that's really not much of an argument.

[

No, you see, the real problem here is that the RightWingers insisted on cutting taxes without offering any cuts in spending. In fact, they INCREASED spending. Reagan doubled spending and tripled the national debt.

You see, Tax cuts really are a large part of the problem... You still get all the goodies of government and you don't have to pay for them. That makes big government MORE attractive, not less.

[

No, guy government did not screw me over.

My previous employer did when they illegally fired me after I had medical issues, leaving me with a lot of medical debt and my next job only paid 75% of what my previous one did. And I consider myself lucky that I was far enough along in my career development that I was able to land a gig so quickly in the Great Recession, because honestly, I knew people who were out of work for years.

But I recognize that the reason why we are in such a mess is because one party - the GOP- decided that they worked for the rich.

But stupid fucks like you will continue to blame "government" when it tries to protect you from their abuses...

So you must of got a huge payoff after you sued them for illegally firing you.

Again the big picture has been missed, but I figured it would. You really think the middle class is better off with this health care, and the reason we don't have single payer is the Democrats screwed it up, they had the votes to do what they wanted and failed. Insurance companies.

The collapse of 2008 was 80 years in the making, but big picture and history is beyond you, you have already proven that.

And at 75% of your last salary, no wonder you got work quickly. LOL! Government screwed you over because the last 80 years this country was heading to the collapse and they took the easy way out every time, Obama is doing the same.

Tax cuts aren't the only problem but that's all you see me post. We need to cut spending, we need to cut taxes, we need to control our spending. Obama has also sold you out to corporate America, we are printing more money than ever and it is helping the rich, not the middle class. We didn't go to single payer because insurance companies bought Democrats. We didn't prosecute because Democrats we're be holding to the finance industry. That Bush did nothing is irrelevant. He took easy roads also.

I haven't voted For a Republican President for two elections, so I have taken the glasses off and see that what we have now is a mess, and no one on the political landscape has the balls to do what needs to be done. It will hurt America for a few years but it would correct so many problems.

You voted for the status quo, that makes you the stupid fuck.

[]

are you intentionally being a retard? You do realize how difficult it is to sue an employer, right?

Again the big picture has been missed, but I figured it would. You really think the middle class is better off with this health care, and the reason we don't have single payer is the Democrats screwed it up, they had the votes to do what they wanted and failed. Insurance companies.

I think the middle class is better off in that a lot of people who thought they were insured by were being ripped off by the Insurance companies won't be anymore.

The collapse of 2008 was 80 years in the making, but big picture and history is beyond you, you have already proven that.

No, guy, it was really only about 20 years in the making... 20 years of deregulation and free trade. But you are kind of retarded and get your thinking from Hate Radio, so you can be excused.

And at 75% of your last salary, no wonder you got work quickly. LOL! Government screwed you over because the last 80 years this country was heading to the collapse and they took the easy way out every time, Obama is doing the same.

Nope, the screwing over was by big corporations, guy. Sorry. I mean I know you have the Hate Radio "Gummit Bad" gene in you, but really, you haven't backed up a thing you've said yet.

Tax cuts aren't the only problem but that's all you see me post. We need to cut spending, we need to cut taxes, we need to control our spending. Obama has also sold you out to corporate America, we are printing more money than ever and it is helping the rich, not the middle class. We didn't go to single payer because insurance companies bought Democrats. We didn't prosecute because Democrats we're be holding to the finance industry. That Bush did nothing is irrelevant. He took easy roads also.

Yawn...yeah, yo heard it from Rush. QE bad.

I agree, that Obama should have pushed for Single Payer and he should have prosecuted the shit out of Wall Street. He didn't. He was trying to "Get Along".

I haven't voted For a Republican President for two elections, so I have taken the glasses off and see that what we have now is a mess, and no one on the political landscape has the balls to do what needs to be done. It will hurt America for a few years but it would correct so many problems.

Oh, am I talking to a LiberTARDian, here? Because, frankly, you guys need to go back to the political Kiddie Table and let the grownups talk.

Mostly, because the real producers are working folks who watch the 1%er who don't produce jack shit take the fruits of their labors.

One more time. 1% control 43% of the wealth.

They do not produce 43% of the physical labor.

They are taking all of the financial risks.
That is THEIR job.

And they should be compensated FAIRLY for it.

43% of the wealth is not "fair" distribution. It's also kind of stupid, like what a third world country does.

Newsflash....The concept of 'fair' is so vague, it is impossible to define. It is a useless term.
The concept of wealth distribution or wealth inequality as it's being spun, is pure fallacy. The idea presupposes the notion that income and wealth must be equal. That we know is also impossible.And the argument that income and wealth can "be made more fair or equal, unless our government becomes totalitarian in function, is impossible.
I have no idea where this dream of income equality or wealth distribution comes from.
The system we have while not perfect, is the best in the world. The capitalist system 'does the best for the most'..
Like it or not we are all capitalists. We all want more for our labor and efforts.
Your greed for larger wages and compensation is no different than the business owner that wants his profit margin to be as large as possible and permissible.
Deal with THAT.

[

So if you demand a hamburger that you can go buy that someone else makes for you where does it come from?
Who built the building that you buy it at?
A capitalist
Who bought the land the building sits on?
A capitalist
Who developed the land that the business is on?
A capitalist
Who raised the beef you are eating?
A capitalist
Who grew the potatoes and the vegetables your Happy Meal comes with?
A capitalist
Who put the money up for the franchise?
A capitalist
Who paved the parking lot there?
A capitalist

You live in a capitalist country. You claim to hate it here but you stay.
Because you are a catfish capitalist. You claim to be against capitalism all the while you bottom feed off of it.

Guy, all those things were done by WORKING PEOPLE.

The Capitalists just collected an inordinate share of the proceeds.

You act stupid.
Are you?
Do you work "guy" unless a capitalist PAYS YOU?
Catfish Joe.
The person that takes the risk Catfish gets the rewards IF a profit is made.
Some settle for sitting the bench and making a small wage, that is fine.
But do not complain if the starters make a helluva lot more.
Risk and reward.

[]

are you intentionally being a retard? You do realize how difficult it is to sue an employer, right?

I think the middle class is better off in that a lot of people who thought they were insured by were being ripped off by the Insurance companies won't be anymore.

No, guy, it was really only about 20 years in the making... 20 years of deregulation and free trade. But you are kind of retarded and get your thinking from Hate Radio, so you can be excused.

Nope, the screwing over was by big corporations, guy. Sorry. I mean I know you have the Hate Radio "Gummit Bad" gene in you, but really, you haven't backed up a thing you've said yet.

Yawn...yeah, yo heard it from Rush. QE bad.

I agree, that Obama should have pushed for Single Payer and he should have prosecuted the shit out of Wall Street. He didn't. He was trying to "Get Along".

Oh, am I talking to a LiberTARDian, here? Because, frankly, you guys need to go back to the political Kiddie Table and let the grownups talk.

Joe, I voted for a Democrat in 2008, I wrote him in, because McCain was a phony and Obama made a lot of promises he couldn't keep.

I know several that have sued former employers and won, my take is again you are full of shit.

Healthcare, I pay more, have the same deductible, how is this helpful?

Wrong again dumbshit, I don't listen to right wing radio, if I listen to it, it is usually sports stations. Political talk radio on the right and the left are pretty lame.

Didn't expect a dumbshit such as yourself to understand much, and you have not backed anything up, it is just a dumbshits opinion, and you are the biggest fucking dumbshit I know. As far as being a libertarian, wrong again asswipe.

I vote for a lot of different party's, I run conservative, unlike yourself, the died in wool liberal in denial.

I realize my first mistake is trying to discuss anything with you, you are way to fucking stupid to even discuss simple political views.

Enjoy your two part time jobs at McDonalds and Taco Bell.

Forum List

Back