CDZ Strange Outcome

william the wie

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2009
I've given up ebooks for a while. Nook apps are no longer available and Amazon help has plumbed new lows in crappy service for their kindles. Walmart.com now has ereaders and I have someone to complain to when it's time to get back into the pool. With Alibaba also likely to enter the market I'm getting books cheaper in used hardcopy than I can get any ebook. I'm willing to wait an unbounded amount of time for serious price and service wars to break out.

How did both Amazon and B&N manage to screw themselves in their own core competency? I really would like to know.

Well, I can't answer your question but, despite all expectations to the contrary, I love my Kindle, and it's only a first generation. (Wish it was backlit). I'm so used to it now that when I do read a 'real' book it takes a moment to figure out why the page won't turn when I tap it.

But I don't purchase very many ebooks - there's a large selection of free books available from Amazon. I download them by the dozen and if the story doesn't grab me by the end of the first chapter - tap - it's deleted. For me it's entertainment and a means of escape. Ebooks are far more comfortable (imo) to read from than a traditional book, hardcover or paperback...plus they take up way less storage space!

Did you know that most libraries lend ebooks?

Yes. However they generally do not accept works that originate with epublishers.

Forum List

Back