Story gone now

RetiredGySgt

Diamond Member
May 6, 2007
North Carolina
Early when I COULD NOT LOG ON to this site, there was a story about how Obama has a vision for a new world order where we are just another bit player in the world. How he keeps telling the Europeans he is just there to listen and the US is going to just be another country of many in the world.

I wonder why the story was pulled?

Early when I COULD NOT LOG ON to this site, there was a story about how Obama has a vision for a new world order where we are just another bit player in the world. How he keeps telling the Europeans he is just there to listen and the US is going to just be another country of many in the world.

Here's what Obama said in Berlin (summer 2008)

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/07/24/us/politics/24text-obama.html?_r=2&pagewanted=all&oref=slogin

[excerpt]
People of the world – look at Berlin!

Look at Berlin, where Germans and Americans learned to work together and trust each other less than three years after facing each other on the field of battle.

Look at Berlin, where the determination of a people met the generosity of the Marshall Plan and created a German miracle; where a victory over tyranny gave rise to NATO, the greatest alliance ever formed to defend our common security.

Look at Berlin, where the bullet holes in the buildings and the somber stones and pillars near the Brandenburg Gate insist that we never forget our common humanity.

People of the world – look at Berlin, where a wall came down, a continent came together, and history proved that there is no challenge too great for a world that stands as one.

[excerpt]
Yes, there have been differences between America and Europe. No doubt, there will be differences in the future. But the burdens of global citizenship continue to bind us together. A change of leadership in Washington will not lift this burden. In this new century, Americans and Europeans alike will be required to do more – not less. Partnership and cooperation among nations is not a choice; it is the one way, the only way, to protect our common security and advance our common humanity.

[excerpt]
That is why America cannot turn inward. That is why Europe cannot turn inward. America has no better partner than Europe. Now is the time to build new bridges across the globe as strong as the one that bound us across the Atlantic. Now is the time to join together, through constant cooperation, strong institutions, shared sacrifice, and a global commitment to progress, to meet the challenges of the 21st century.

[excerpt]
People of Berlin – people of the world – this is our moment. This is our time.

[excerpt]
People of Berlin – and people of the world – the scale of our challenge is great. The road ahead will be long. But I come before you to say that we are heirs to a struggle for freedom. We are a people of improbable hope. With an eye toward the future, with resolve in our hearts, let us remember this history, and answer our destiny, and remake the world once again.

Last month

The "New World Order" on CNN 'Lou Dobbs' - March 3rd, 2009

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tSbVMUd5Uco]YouTube - The "New World Order" on CNN 'Lou Dobbs' - March 3rd, 2009[/ame]

Sounds to me as if he's ramping up the vision.

More likely it was more sourceless wingnut blather.

You are a full fledged partisan loon. You could here Obama say something and then claim you never heard it. AND YOU want to lecture US on partisanship.

Obama plans to sell us out. And his attitude and speeches in Europe prove it. His selections to important positions prove it. He has selected a man that thinks we should be ruled by European law to be head lawyer at the State Department.

Obama is busy cow towing to Foreign Countries while retards like you praise his ass.

RGS, is this the article?

Barack Obama's New World Order

By MICHAEL SCHERER / STRASBOURG
Sat Apr 4, 1:15 am ET

The United States is still the same country it was a year ago, give or take about 6 million jobs. But its international branding campaign, as led by the new President, Barack Obama, is so different that the rest of the world might be forgiven if it has to do a double take.
Most of the hallmarks of the foreign policy of George W. Bush are gone. The old conservative idea of "American exceptionalism," which placed the U.S. on a plane above the rest of the world as a unique beacon of democracy and financial might, has been rejected. At almost every stop, Obama has made clear that the U.S. is but one actor in a global community. Talk of American economic supremacy has been replaced by a call from Obama for more growth in developing countries. Claims of American military supremacy have been replaced with heavy emphasis on cooperation and diplomatic hard labor. (Read "Obama in Europe: Facing Four Big Challenges.")

The tone was set from Obama's first public remarks in London on Wednesday, at a press conference with Prime Minister Gordon Brown, where the American President said he had come "to listen, not to lecture." At a joint appearance with German Chancellor Angela Merkel in Baden-Baden on Friday, a German reporter asked Obama about his "grand designs" for NATO. "I don't come bearing grand designs," Obama said, scrapping the leadership role the U.S. maintained through the Cold War. "I'm here to listen, to share ideas and to jointly, as one of many NATO allies, help shape our vision for the future."...

The United States is still the same country it was a year ago, give or take about 6 million jobs. But its international branding campaign, as led by the new President, Barack Obama, is so different that the rest of the world might be forgiven if it has to do a double take.
Most of the hallmarks of the foreign policy of George W. Bush are gone. The old conservative idea of "American exceptionalism," which placed the U.S. on a plane above the rest of the world as a unique beacon of democracy and financial might, has been rejected. At almost every stop, Obama has made clear that the U.S. is but one actor in a global community. Talk of American economic supremacy has been replaced by a call from Obama for more growth in developing countries. Claims of American military supremacy have been replaced with heavy emphasis on cooperation and diplomatic hard labor. (Read "Obama in Europe: Facing Four Big Challenges.")

The tone was set from Obama's first public remarks in London on Wednesday, at a press conference with Prime Minister Gordon Brown, where the American President said he had come "to listen, not to lecture." At a joint appearance with German Chancellor Angela Merkel in Baden-Baden on Friday, a German reporter asked Obama about his "grand designs" for NATO. "I don't come bearing grand designs," Obama said, scrapping the leadership role the U.S. maintained through the Cold War. "I'm here to listen, to share ideas and to jointly, as one of many NATO allies, help shape our vision for the future."...

Yes, it was removed rather quickly from the front page of Yahoo News this morning. He is busy selling us out.

You are a full fledged partisan loon..

pot.... kettle. :cuckoo:

and if its the blather that i think you're talking about, it was deleted by Gunny for copyrght violation because the poster didn't link it.

Ohh look another Liberal dumb ass. Go drink some more kool aid so you can keep on believeing all the lies this Administration spews.

Sounds like an invitation for the next would leader to stand up.

Poor you, next you'll become a troofer. Paranoia is often treatable.

Poor you, next you'll become a troofer. Paranoia is often treatable.

Story is here now DUMB ASS. But then we all know your to STUPID to actually read a thread before responding.

Yes, it was removed rather quickly from the front page of Yahoo News this morning. He is busy selling us out.

I view it more as reaching out to the world. After eight years of the US talking at the world, the Obama administration wants to be perceived as talking to the world.

The Bush administration created a lot of ill-will with their "my way or the highway" approach. Obama is trying to change that.

• Thanks
Reactions: 007

Jesus, can you be anymore of a cry baby? I seriously think you might really be 15 year old school girl with all your whining and complaining.

You are a full fledged partisan loon..

pot.... kettle. :cuckoo:

and if its the blather that i think you're talking about, it was deleted by Gunny for copyrght violation because the poster didn't link it.

Ohh look another Liberal dumb ass. Go drink some more kool aid so you can keep on believeing all the lies this Administration spews.

Aw come on, RGS. Are you denying that you're a complete right-wing partisan? What ideas do the liberals have that you agree with? What ideas do the right-wingers have that you disagree with?

I'll be waiting for your response. :eusa_whistle:

You can wait till we all die of Run Away Greenhouse effects. My views are pretty clear. As for Obama I haven't seen a single thing he believes that I believe.

I am not for a Fascist State, I am not for a Nanny Big Brother Government, I am not for the Government running the Banks. I chose instead to believe in the Constitution, which NONE of those things are IN.

I also do not believe in kissing other Countries asses, especial ones that don't like us and won't like us any more cause our President is busy giving them a blow job. Again not in the Constitution. I do NOT believe in letting FOREIGN laws be used in American Courts under ANY circumstance.

Bush had a lot of things I was against but given our options in 2000 and 2004 he was the ONLY choice.

No offense, RGS, but your title, "Story gone now," and your paranoia that someone is hiding the news from you makes you look...weeeell...like a retard.

It's amazing innit. Guy just has to ask a question and all the libral assholes just pounce on him like the little cockroaches they are~ :lol:

Forum List

Back