Store Shelves Are Emptying Again

I read these threads and wonder "where do these people live that they have these problems every couple weeks"

Went to Sam’s and Walmart today and a lot of empty shelves at both stores, so I checked the news. Sure enough, rougher times ahead. My guess is people know what this skyrocketing fuel costs are going to do to prices and availability and are stocking up.

Used to joke about the empty shelves of the Soviet Union. Now we’ve declined to their old level.
Let’s Go Brandon!
I’m not in NJ, but here’s an article.
If you knew how capitalism works it would help.

You do know that Walmart reports how much inventory it owns, right? You do know inventory has nothing to do with the earnings reported right? Inventory is the shit on the shelves. There is $12B more shit on the shelves.

Remedial Business 101 is now over.

You do know that inventory comes in and goes back out, right? You do know that inventory is shit on the shelves at the time they counted it, right? Nobody denied that Walmart is buying more inventory all the time. We're pointing out that people are buying it faster than they can get it in order to hoard it.

Remedial Thinking 101 is now over.

Tucson is just about out of motor oil. My friend needed 4 quarts of plain old synthetic and had to go to 4 stores before he bought the last remaining quarts from that store!

Yeah, I needed to buy motor oil the other night. Went to WalMart because it was the only store open at that time of night. Got literally the last two quarts of synthetic oil on the shelf. They did still have a few of the huge jugs of oil left.

This thread is about empty shelves that aren’t empty and trying to somehow say it’s Biden’s fault that fake empty shelves are fake empty. Trump was president when we actually had empty shelves. How about you join me in calling this thread stupid?

"Don't believe what you're actually seeing! Believe what I tell you to 'know' from this Internet document!"

Yeah, that'll work.

I have to do a major shop on Friday. I was prepping my shopping lists for Sam's Club and Fry's (Kroger) online, to make sure I don't forget anything. In addition to convenience, one of the benefits of doing my shopping lists on the websites is that it will show me whether or not the item is in stock at the store I'm planning to go to.

The bottom line is that the Sam's Club I normally go to, which is about 3 miles from my house, listed about half my list as "out of stock". It happens to be in the north central part of the city. The next nearest, which does still show most of the items in stock, is 10 miles away. (I assume the reasons it isn't as empty of stock is because it's a bigger store with more stock to start with, and it's located in a much-less populated area.) Between the cost of gas and the extra time it will take me to get there and back, I am not amused. And at that, I'm luckier than a lot of people who live in my area, because at least I CAN drive 10 miles each way just to buy groceries.

So yeah, leftists. Tell me how what I'm seeing and experiencing isn't REALLY happening, and that I should believe things are "actually" the exact opposite of what I'm looking at. That will absolutely work.

This thread is about empty shelves that aren’t empty and trying to somehow say it’s Biden’s fault that fake empty shelves are fake empty. Trump was president when we actually had empty shelves. How about you join me in calling this thread stupid?
And the only thing I ever saw missing during Trump's administration was the TP you COVidiots were hoarding.

Went to Sam’s and Walmart today and a lot of empty shelves at both stores, so I checked the news. Sure enough, rougher times ahead. My guess is people know what this skyrocketing fuel costs are going to do to prices and availability and are stocking up.

Used to joke about the empty shelves of the Soviet Union. Now we’ve declined to their old level.
Let’s Go Brandon!
I’m not in NJ, but here’s an article.
Elections have consequences

Yeah, we deal with empty shelves and missing items on our list every week now, have for months. I think people stock up when something DOES come in --- we sure do!! --- so that fact, that it may not be in again next time, is part of the problem. When supplies were reliable, people just bought one.

This morning: no bleach, no Vitamin Water XXX.
/----/ Big Box stores don't help when your only choice is bulk packing. Grocery stores selling three 24 packs of spring water.

That would be Fauci.
If Trump let a bureaucrat ruin America and China get off Scott free all under his administration then he should be tried for Treason. How incompetent was the Orange tweet god of yours?

Start paying people to deliver the goods and stock the shelves.

According to a lot of nitwits in this thread ...
Just charge them twice as much for the same shit, and there will magically be twice as much stuff on the shelves ... :auiqs.jpg:

And the only thing I ever saw missing during Trump's administration was the TP you COVidiots were hoarding.

If Trump couldn’t convince Americans to have faith in the system thus they panicked then that would be his fault. Why wouldn’t they panic when he was saying it would be gone by this weekend, or it will disappear in the summer and it never did?

"Don't believe what you're actually seeing! Believe what I tell you to 'know' from this Internet document!"

Yeah, that'll work.

I do believe what I am seeing, and so far that has not been any empty shelves in our area.

On another thread I heard that the conservatives were flat broke...so I don't know why bare shelves would send them into such a tizzy since they can't afford anything anyway.

On another thread I heard that the conservatives were flat broke...so I don't know why bare shelves would send them into such a tizzy since they can't afford anything anyway.

There are Progressives in this thread have argued that when a company spends 10% more on inventory ...
And inflation has increased the cost of that inventory by 15% ... That somehow still means that there is 10% more inventory available ... :auiqs.jpg:

There are Progressives in this thread have argued that when a company spends 10% more on inventory ...
And inflation has increased the cost of that inventory by 15% ... That somehow still means that there is 10% more inventory available ... :auiqs.jpg:

Walmart prices are up 7%. Inventory is up 27%. How good are you at math? Answer: you suck at it. That’s 20% more stuff on shelves.

If Trump let a bureaucrat ruin America and China get off Scott free all under his administration then he should be tried for Treason. How incompetent was the Orange tweet god of yours?
Okay but Biden did the same. He let fauci be in charge, if he didn't. You loons would've impeached him, but on the bright side. Trump will be our President again! Biden is making sure of it.

Walmart prices are up 7%. Inventory is up 27%. How good are you at math? Answer: you suck at it. That’s 20% more stuff on shelves.

If I pay $1.00 more for the same package of chicken ... I am not getting more chicken you nitwit ... :auiqs.jpg:

Forum List

Back