Store Shelves Are Emptying Again

Weatherman2020

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2013
Right coast, classified
Went to Sam’s and Walmart today and a lot of empty shelves at both stores, so I checked the news. Sure enough, rougher times ahead. My guess is people know what this skyrocketing fuel costs are going to do to prices and availability and are stocking up.

Used to joke about the empty shelves of the Soviet Union. Now we’ve declined to their old level.
Let’s Go Brandon!
I’m not in NJ, but here’s an article.

Yeah, we deal with empty shelves and missing items on our list every week now, have for months. I think people stock up when something DOES come in --- we sure do!! --- so that fact, that it may not be in again next time, is part of the problem. When supplies were reliable, people just bought one.

This morning: no bleach, no Vitamin Water XXX.

Went to Sam’s and Walmart today and a lot of empty shelves at both stores, so I checked the news. Sure enough, rougher times ahead. My guess is people know what this skyrocketing fuel costs are going to do to prices and availability and are stocking up.

Used to joke about the empty shelves of the Soviet Union. Now we’ve declined to their old level.
Let’s Go Brandon!
We will be back in the Obama recession by the end of the month.... his vice president is making sure of it.... and now it will pick up pace since Biden has a stooge to blame it on in Russia....

FB_IMG_1646665085732.jpg

Gas prices continue to surge breaking record highs across Pa. gas or food . Pick one.

Let’s Go Brandon!

They finally stocked refrigerated dog food ( after 2 years of searching for it). Still low on canned cat food,but now I buy it by the case when I do see it.

I hope that some folks learn from this. Because I listen to conservative talk radio, I have been slowly stockpiling enough to last a year or two of almost everything, just by picking up an extra one of this or that every time I go to the store. And extra 20-pack of TP twice a year. A five gallon jerrycan of extra gas about once a month through the winter. A 20 lb. tank of propane once a month for the generator.

I realize that apartment dwellers can't really store that much, but start with SOMETHING. An extra 4-pack of TP and an extra can of soup, or equivalent, every time you go to the store.

This is happening now. As we get through this, we need to be realistic about the fact that it will happen again.

PS -- None of my neighbors know about the extent of my squirreling away. If your neighbors know it's there, it will eventually belong to them.

Last edited:

Let’s Go Brandon!

Hey!!!!..... God man... turn to CNN, they will let you know none of this has anything to do with Biden.
It is all the pandemic/Putin... but now mostly Putin...oh. shit almost forgot... but also Trump.... and Jan 6th.. and racism... and homophobes... white males...

I hope that some folks learn from this. Because I listen to conservative talk radio, I have been slowly stockpiling enough to last a year or two of almost everything, just by picking up an extra one of this or that every time I go to the store. And extra 20-pack of TP twice a year. A five gallon jerrycan of extra gas about once a month through the winter. A 20 lb. tank of propane once a month for the generator.

I realize that apartment dwellers can't really store that much, but start with SOMETHING. An extra 4-pack of TP and an extra can of soup, or equivalent, every time you go to the store.

This is happening now. As we get through this, we need to be realistic about the fact that it will happen again.

PS -- None of my neighbors know about the extent of my squirreling away. If your neighbors know it's there, it will eventually belong to them.
LOL.....I'm way too good natured, the neighborhood guys send their scantly-clad wives over to borrow a cup of bullets all the time.....Sigh, too embarrassed to ask me themselves I guess. ;)

R.6be1ec5f7dcb1519a8aef44f818050a2

Forum List

Back