Stop.

The ClayTaurus said:
This woman needs to give it a rest.

Just for argument sake.....

Living in Memphis, this has received a lot of press. Husband is a former senator, selling real estate now. They are building a 7,000 square foot house. I haven't seen any reports where they are asking for hand-outs or assistance from the government.

Why does she has to stop?

Joshua, 17; John David, 15; Janna, 15; Jill, 14; Jessa, 12; Jinger, 11; Joseph, 10; Josiah, 9; Joy-Anna, 8; Jeremiah, 6; Jedidiah, 6; Jason, 5; James, 4; Justin, 2; Jackson Levi, 1

Uh...... Jinger?

GotZoom said:
Just for argument sake.....

Living in Memphis, this has received a lot of press. Husband is a former senator, selling real estate now. They are building a 7,000 square foot house. I haven't seen any reports where they are asking for hand-outs or assistance from the government.

Why does she has to stop?

Because having 16 children is socially irresponsible. I'm not saying she should be forced to stop, just that I think she should. I like having the wide-open spaces we have left, and I have a serious problem with this whole Ann Coulter style of thinking that God said "Go forth, be fruitful, multiply, and rape the planet -- it's yours." Human's aren't endangered, there's no reason to pop kids out like it's the apocalypse.

Yeah, that's why she needs to give it a rest. That or stop being a retard every time they ask the baby's name. Could be worse, though. She could've named one of the kids "Apple."

The ClayTaurus said:
Because having 16 children is socially irresponsible. I'm not saying she should be forced to stop, just that I think she should. I like having the wide-open spaces we have left, and I have a serious problem with this whole Ann Coulter style of thinking that God said "Go forth, be fruitful, multiply, and rape the planet -- it's yours." Human's aren't endangered, there's no reason to pop kids out like it's the apocalypse.

Why?

GotZoom said:
If they can afford food and shelter, what is the problem.

Unless you want the United States to turn into China.

Having 16 children is reproducing 8 fold. At that rate, we'll be worse off than China in no time.

Michelle Duggar, 39, had her first child at age 21, four years after the couple married.

uh she was 17 when they got married ..... can you say statutory rape Jim Bob

jim bob and jinger.....you can't make this stuff up

manu1959 said:
Michelle Duggar, 39, had her first child at age 21, four years after the couple married.

uh she was 17 when they got married ..... can you say statutory rape Jim Bob

jim bob and jinger.....you can't make this stuff up

She's basically been perpetually pregnant since then.

The ClayTaurus said:
Having 16 children is reproducing 8 fold. At that rate, we'll be worse off than China in no time.

In Arkansas, you can get married at age 17 with parental consent.

And the China reference was for the government limiting how many children you are allowed to have, not the population.

The ClayTaurus said:

There's no reason for her to stop having children!!! They did a story on this family that said they arn't on gov. assistance. They save their money and are responsible parents. She even home schools all of them, so what's the problem?

The world isn't overpopulated, infact most of the European countries are begging their people to have children because they're loosing population. More deaths than births are happening in Germany, Italy and Russia.

Even here in the US the birth rate is just at replacement levels.

A family down our street has 8 kids. No problems at all with them. House and yard is kept very nice. Kids play outside a lot of time. Parents and kids are very nice and polite.

He is an attorney - rumour has it that he makes about 200 grand a year. Mom stays home.

Where is there a problem with this?

The only problem I see is Jim Bob getting any alone time. I only have three kids and the only time I have alone is when I am on the throne. I doubt this guy even gets that. They must have incredible patience.

GotZoom said:
A family down our street has 8 kids. No problems at all with them. House and yard is kept very nice. Kids play outside a lot of time. Parents and kids are very nice and polite.
He is an attorney - rumour has it that he makes about 200 grand a year. Mom stays home.
Where is there a problem with this?

I don't understant why some people have a problem with larger families. Heck, I get strange looks sometimes and I only have four.

If people can afford lots of kids without assistance then I say go for it. It's not a population issue since many women are deciding to only have 1 or none at all.

The ClayTaurus said:
She's basically been perpetually pregnant since then.
What's wrong with that?

The natural state of women as humanity has evolved has been to be perpetually pregnant throughout their reproductive life.

In fact, frequent ovulation is directly linked to increased incidence in uterine and ovarian cancer:

Cancers of the female genital tract is often associated with a high number of menstrual cycles that women have during their lifetime. The modern woman with early menarche, late menopause and infertility is at high risk of such cancers. In contrast, a Stone-Age woman with relative malnutrition, late menarche, repeated pregnancies and prolonged periods of lactation, must have had three to four times less the number of menstrual cycles than her modern counterpart. Coupled with a much shorter life span then, cancer of the uterus and ovaries must be virtually unknown in those days.

http://www.hkam.org.hk/temp/evolution.html

So biologically speaking, I would encourage this sort of behavior as being natural.

Sociologically speaking, as long as they all grow up to be lawful and productive contributors to society I say let them have a thousand kids.

One shouldn't be concerned with every couple that produces more than two children. One should be concerned with couples who don't rear the children they produce properly or produce children beyond their means to support them.

Overpopulation? It's a big Universe.

Finally, naming all of them with a "J" first is gay.

Forum List

Back