Media bias

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by tim_duncan2000, Oct 13, 2005.

1. tim_duncan2000

tim_duncan2000 Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +66
    I have always thought it was funny how liberals often think that the media, in general, give Bush a pass on most things and conservatives (myself included) often think that the media, in general, attack Bush/Republicans/conservatives on most things. Of course, I happen to think my side is right and that they are crazy, but I also feel that the evidence is there. I'm not saying that they always attack Bush or that there are no conservative media outlets because I know that's not the case. I just think that more people still get news from mainly liberal sources (ABC, CBS, NBC, NYT, LAT, NPR, etc).

2. musicman

musicman Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +533
    The blogosphere, Fox News, and talk radio are faint voices in the dense (in more ways than one) wilderness. And yet, Americans - starving for some semblance of balance in political discourse - have made conservative outlets wildly successful. After a generation of practical liberal monopoly, this was needed.

3. Gem

Gem BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +782
    If you are looking for an example of how the media (including Fox) is NOT giving a pass to Bush...check out Fox's coverage of the lastest scandal, the coached military press conference, they are not taking Bush's side in any way, shape, or form.